Explorer of the seas refurbishment

AlwaysRollin

Hey all, I am currently at sea and just booked a cruise through NextCruise for a Nov ‘22 sailing to the ABC islands… the agent there told us that Explorer was just refurbished. We have only sailed on Oasis class ships, Harmony and Allure x2… he said it is really nice now and we would get an excellent experience aboard as well as great ports that can be accessed by smaller ships… what do y’all think? I was a little hesitant booking the smaller ship without any research, but was assured it will be great.

I was on the Ovation in August and the Symphony next Saturday. While I prefer the newer ships, the Explorer is a classic. I did the ABC islands in February 2020 on the Explorer before the shut down and have her booked for December 2022. I don’t think the planned amplification took place but rather a limited refurbishment.

4CD3D1D2-CC54-472D-B2DA-4409DFD2BEB6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Explorer did get refurbished in 2020, but not amplified. Meaning, she got maintenance work done, but no upgrades/enhancements.

wait...that's it? wow...they're kinda charging a lot then.....was looking at Explorer for 2022 cruise and talked to next cruise and a GS on Explorer was coming out to be MORE than GS on whatever Oasis class we had been looking at at the time ( I think Harmony?) and the agent said it was because it had just gone through dry dock so they were charging more for it.

weeeeeiiiiiird ( i don't think she was mistaken or anything - she was honestly really knowledgeable and got us Allure [cheaper than Harmony OR Explorer) RIGHT after bookings opened)