has anyone from Ontario, Canada used our Digital QR code covid-19 proof of Vaccination to board the ship?

Reason I ask,   I'm trying to rebook a cruise for my family and need help in clarifying the requirements to show proof

Myself and my 16yr old are fully vaccinated,  have proof of Vaccination on the 1st and 2nd dose, as well the new QR version of proof of vaccination(2 doses).

My wife is fully vaccinated, has proof of 2nd dose of the vaccine as well the new QR version of proof of vaccination(2 doses)). But missing the 1st does information.

Wil she be accepted to board the ship, if she's missing the 1st dose info, even though she has the the digital vaccination proof of 2 doses?

My 11yr old will be considered not fully vaccinated.(but will have received his 1st does)

1 hour ago, Rene Desmarais said:

Reason I ask,   I'm trying to rebook a cruise for my family and need help in clarifying the requirements to show proof

Myself and my 16yr old are fully vaccinated,  have proof of Vaccination on the 1st and 2nd dose, as well the new QR version of proof of vaccination(2 doses).

My wife is fully vaccinated, has proof of 2nd dose of the vaccine as well the new QR version of proof of vaccination(2 doses)). But missing the 1st does information.

Wil she be accepted to board the ship, if she's missing the 1st dose info, even though she has the the digital vaccination proof of 2 doses?

My 11yr old will be considered not fully vaccinated.(but will have received his 1st does)

You should not need to show your original receipts.  The QR code with the Ontario logo + Canada logo + 2 dose info along the bottom should be sufficient.  The QR code PDF is meant to be used to replace the original receipts.  When we checked in online on November 4th, I only submitted the QR code PDF as proof of vax and it was validated.  That is the same document I plan to use at the terminal in 3 weeks (God willing and fingers crossed that whatever variant doesn't ruin my cruise plans).

• Rene Desmarais changed the title to has anyone from Ontario, Canada used our Digital QR code covid-19 proof of Vaccination to board the ship?
13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You should not need to show your original receipts.  The QR code with the Ontario logo + Canada logo + 2 dose info along the bottom should be sufficient.  The QR code PDF is meant to be used to replace the original receipts.  When we checked in online on November 4th, I only submitted the QR code PDF as proof of vax and it was validated.  That is the same document I plan to use at the terminal in 3 weeks (God willing and fingers crossed that whatever variant doesn't ruin my cruise plans).

Relax...everything is going to work out fine. You are going on a cruise in a few weeks so don't worry. This is the moment that we have been waiting for for a long time. Dot all the i's, cross all the t's and prepare to have a nice, warm time!

Alberta’s new QR code for domestic and international travel does not include the administering physical or medical services provider which is a requirement of Royal’s proof of vaccination.  I reached out to the executive office and provided a copy of my QR code for clarification and this was their response.   
Since your vaccination card does not include the administering physical or medical services provider, we highly recommend for you to bring any supporting documents to ensure you have a smooth boarding experience. 
I am not sure whether Ontario’s QR code shows this information. I obtained this information from our our public health unit and will take it in addition to the QR code.

BTW, We checked in on Nov 4th and our vaccination status switched to validated last week. 

5 hours ago, Eggbert said:

Relax...everything is going to work out fine. You are going on a cruise in a few weeks so don't worry. This is the moment that we have been waiting for for a long time. Dot all the i's, cross all the t's and prepare to have a nice, warm time!

Let’s hope you are right but recent reporting surrounding omicron are concerning. 
https://globalnews.ca/news/8412593/hong-kong-canada-omicron-covid-19-travel-restrictions/

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

How long did it take for your receipts to be validated? We are also from Ontario. I submitted ours on Nov 22nd and the app still shows that they are validating our records. Our cruise leaves Dec 31st so hoping all gets approved soon

27 minutes ago, Jax said:

Alberta’s new QR code for domestic and international travel does not include the administering physical or medical services provider which is a requirement of Royal’s proof of vaccination.  I reached out to the executive office and provided a copy of my QR code for clarification and this was their response.   
Since your vaccination card does not include the administering physical or medical services provider, we highly recommend for you to bring any supporting documents to ensure you have a smooth boarding experience. 
I am not sure whether Ontario’s QR code shows this information. I obtained this information from our our public health unit and will take it in addition to the QR code.

exactly, same as Ontario..  that is concerning.  @Lovetocruise2002mentioned, they have accepted it online.  Now it's matter of accepting the same(QR code version) info at embarkation.

I was on the phone for most of the day with Ontario (several tel#s), peel public health, going in circles.  It seems Ontario no longer has access to the 1st and 2nd dose information sheet you have received after it was administered. both information sheet had been replaced with the Ontario's QR code version. which is missing the administering physical or medical services provider.

Since my wife can't find her 1st dose information sheet.... Will she be turned away at the Port?

34 minutes ago, Rene Desmarais said:

It seems Ontario no longer has access to the 1st and 2nd dose information sheet you have received after it was administered. both information sheet had been replaced with the Ontario's QR code version. which is missing the administering physical or medical services provider.

Oh no! I had mine printed prior to the new QR code. I don’t know how things work in Ontario but in Alberta the immunization records show the “region of service/delivery management site”.  So that may be something to explore.  

16 minutes ago, Jax said:

Oh no! I had mine printed prior to the new QR code. I don’t know how things work in Ontario but in Alberta the immunization records show the “region of service/delivery management site”.  So that may be something to explore.  

The certificate before the QR code was implemented in Ontario does have the authorized organization and vaccine administrator (among other info). However, the QR code certificate only show the lot number (and type of vaccine). 

I printed the both, but I was only planning on bringing the QR code that I downloaded for the check in. I think I'll bring them both.

Update:

Finally reached someone at Peel Public Health who knows what I'm talking about.  This person had recently handled a request for the same situation "missing does information".  Since my wife is missing her 1st dose information sheet, I gave them what they needed. (my stress level is down a little now). He sent a request to their internal data team to send(via email) my wife's 1st dose information ( ETA 2 to 5 busines days).  Crossing my fingers.  Stress level is much higher.. 

I repeat, relax. Things are going to work out fine. You will have the right papers, RCL will let you on the ship, you will have a great time, you will get a PCR test to get on the plane and go home, and Canada will let you back in. Don't ruin your next few weeks worrying about this stuff. Put your ducks in order and then make plans for fun things like excursions and special meals, etc.

4 hours ago, BMcD said:

How long did it take for your receipts to be validated? We are also from Ontario. I submitted ours on Nov 22nd and the app still shows that they are validating our records. Our cruise leaves Dec 31st so hoping all gets approved soon

We checked in at midnight on November 4th and they just got validated this week.  So almost a month.  However, our sailing is 12/19 so maybe we were too far anyway.  @Mattand a few others mentioned that closer sailing dates get approved a bit faster.

5 hours ago, DJsMrs said:

OOHHH - I'd be following up with Royal Caribbean on this one... but if you've got a provincial and federal proof of immunization I bet you're okay - but I'd be worried too.    Can your doctor access your vaccine history and pull a report?

I'm not sure if our familly doctor will have access, we can find out.  Thanks for the suggestion

43 minutes ago, Rene Desmarais said:

I'm not sure if our familly doctor will have access, we can find out.  Thanks for the suggestion

I just thought of something else as well. What about your local public health unit? They have access to the COVAX system which should contain all your info for each dose. That is the provincial system that each dose is logged into at the time of vaccination.

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just thought of something else as well. What about your local public health unit? They have access to the COVAX system which should contain all your info for each dose. That is the provincial system that each dose is logged into at the time of vaccination.

I agree, we got copies of our immunization records a few months back before the QR codes. I had them narrow down the search results to show only the Covid vaccines. But that’s Alberta; not sure about Ontario.  It doesn’t provide all the required information but it will supplement the QR code. 

The QR code, like the Australian one is recognised by the authorities. You can actually download the App - VDS-NC which the airlines use and hover it over your QR code and it willl show you all your vaccine details. St the bottom of our paperwork reads the following;

"This document bears a Visible Digital Seal for a Non-Constrained Environment (VDS-NC), as specified by the International Civil Aviation Organization. UVCI means 'Unique Vaccination Certificate Identifier', XM68M6 and RA01.0 are World Health Organization codes for COVID-19"

WE use the same as Canada

2 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

The QR code, like the Australian one is recognised by the authorities. You can actually download the App - VDS-NC which the airlines use and hover it over your QR code and it willl show you all your vaccine details. St the bottom of our paperwork reads the following;

"This document bears a Visible Digital Seal for a Non-Constrained Environment (VDS-NC), as specified by the International Civil Aviation Organization. UVCI means 'Unique Vaccination Certificate Identifier', XM68M6 and RA01.0 are World Health Organization codes for COVID-19"

I am certain that you are right - no way it isn't accepted. For some reason, panic is preferred.

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Peel Public health no longer has access to the 1st & 2nd dose information sheet receipts.

6 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

the province of Ontario has used the old QR technology to generate our Advanced proof document. Which has led to Fraud. It is very easy to forge.

any other QR readers aside from the one created by Ontario(Verify app) will fail to read it.

I tried numerous QR code readers, none worked. 

okay final update

I called Ontario's Provincial Vaccine Information line 888-999-6488.  I have called this number so many times to be turned away "you need to contact your public health"

connected with an agent,   you can tell by his voice and the manner he spoke, he knew what he was doing.  Awesome, a seasoned call center agent.

explained my situation and he emailed my wife's 1st dose information sheet.    I thanked him profusely..  Got off the phone and review the document in detail.  I spotted something...  her 1st dose information sheet mentions that she had received 2 valid doses.  So I replied back via email to the call center agent "David" of what i was seeing "1st & 2nd doses information sheets both says she has received 2 valid doses".  He replied back explaining the 1st dose information sheet was printed as of today with today's information. (2 valid doses).  So I printed the 1st dose information sheet and the email conversation with the call center agent(as backup).

Let's hope it works

18 minutes ago, Rene Desmarais said:

okay final update

I called Ontario's Provincial Vaccine Information line 888-999-6488.  I have called this number so many times to be turned away "you need to contact your public health"

connected with an agent,   you can tell by his voice and the manner he spoke, he knew what he was doing.  Awesome, a seasoned call center agent.

explained my situation and he emailed my wife's 1st dose information sheet.    I thanked him profusely..  Got off the phone and review the document in detail.  I spotted something...  her 1st dose information sheet mentions that she has received 2 valid doses.  So I replied back via email to the call center agent "David" of what i was seeing "1st & 2nd doses information sheets says she has received 2 valid doses".  I was surprised he replied back explaining the 1st dose information sheet was printed today with today's information. (2 valid doses).  So In printed the 1st dose information sheet and the email conversation with the call center agent(as backup).

Let's hope it works

SO glad to hear that you finally got someone to help !