CVS cannot book rapid Covid tests online ahead of time?

levib2

I read that we could book covid tests at CVS 13 days in advance of our cruise.  

Went to do so today and it says no rapid tests available except for today (11/29).  All the rest of the dates up to 2 days before our cruise said no tests available.  Thinking they have to update website today.  Will call later to find out. Has this happened to anyone?

Read Walgreens permits scheduling of tests 7 days before cruise so cannot book there yet.

Edited by levib2
changed

• levib2 changed the title to CVS cannot book rapid Covid tests online ahead of time?

I was planning on scheduling rapid tests at CVS two weeks in advance a couple weeks ago and ran into the same thing, no rapid tests available within 100 miles.  I ended up scheduling rapid tests 7 days out at Walgreens instead.  About a month ago when I checked CVS website there were rapid tests available to book two weeks out so not sure what the reason for the change was but definitely changed in my area.

I have used CVS multiple times. I book the rapid antigen test (not PCR…I click the antigen) exactly two weeks out from the date I want as they open the schedule for two weeks max. Sometimes I book it right after midnight when the date opens. I’m in central NJ and haven’t had a problem. Yet.🤞Good luck!

I think this is the answer as to why I cannot book my test ahead of time.

• CVS changed their policy, or so we were told. Appointments open at midnight for that day. No more two weeks in advance appointments.
  • NXHqxST_T76.png
    It goes by where you live. In my area, cvs has never been able to book rapid tests more than a day in advance. Walgreens is a week ahead of time which is what I did in October for our cruise and what I’m doing for our cruise in December.

I am flying into Miami three days early for our sailing.  While I'll have the eMed test with me, I was able to schedule a rapid test the following morning at a CVS just down the street from my hotel with no issues as a backup.  This is for late next week, but was 14 days out when I booked it.  Definitely may be the area you're trying to book in.

1 hour ago, levib2 said:

I think this is the answer as to why I cannot book my test ahead of time.

• CVS changed their policy, or so we were told. Appointments open at midnight for that day. No more two weeks in advance appointments.
  • NXHqxST_T76.png
    It goes by where you live. In my area, cvs has never been able to book rapid tests more than a day in advance. Walgreens is a week ahead of time which is what I did in October for our cruise and what I’m doing for our cruise in December.

Oh..I do hope that's not something that they keep....knowing I could book well in advance was nice in general. Didn't have to worry about scrambling

I checked the CVS in my area (Central Ohio) and I could not schedule any testing online at CVS.com.  I contacted a minute clinic at one of the Grove City locations, and they told me they had several appointments for testing available for most of the days their website sated that there were no time slots available. 

The guy at minute clinic told me to just call the minute clinic directly to schedule my test since he had no idea why their website stated testing times were not available.