Allure 30th 9 day eastern, all kinds of messed up right now.

wjackson2289

Hello everybody. 
Me and my wife are booked on the Allure of the Seas leaving on the 30th of December for 9 nights. 
The original itinery was 
Day 2 and 3 : Cruise
Day 4 : Barbados
Day 5: St Kitts
Day 6: St maartin
Day 7: Antigua

We got an email showing our itinery was changed to thi
Day 2: Perfect day cococay
Day 3: Cruise
Day 4:  Charlotte St Thomas
Day 5: St kitts
Day 6: San Juan
Day 7: St maartin

So on the website, we have an excursion booked still for day 4, which is under the St Thomas tab now, but it says its in st kitts.....  and our barbados excusrions are falling under the St Kitts day.... and no new excursions have been put under those days at the new locations , and it is still offering excursions in barbados while we are in st kitts... The only excursions offered on our Perfect day at cococay is the deep sea diving course that was offered on the original cruising day on day 2.

ill give you a screenshot here to show what im talking about as it is confusing.
5e42117bef0bfbc9e63a91ceb042b02f.png

As you can see we are now in St thomas day 4, but still showing Excursions for St Kitts. 

This itineray changed about 10 days ago with no updates to the website on what actual excursions are available and no news on if we should cancel excursions.  When we are called up we are told to wait a week for it to be updated, we waited 10 days, still no update, 30 days to go until embarkation. 

Anyone have any advice or experience with this? I feel like so many people are going to still have excursions booked without realizing its going to be unavailible. 

32 minutes ago, wjackson2289 said:

Hello everybody. 
Me and my wife are booked on the Allure of the Seas leaving on the 30th of December for 9 nights. 

We are on the same cruise and are having the same problems with the new port excursions not populating and not receiving the refunds for the canceled ports. I have emailed the shore excursion team and they gave me the same answer that you got. Its to bad that we won’t be able to take advantage of the Black Friday or cyber Monday sale. 

29 minutes ago, steverk said:

I would cancel the excursion now. Obviously,  you won't be able to go no matter and Royal should cancel it automatically. But, I'd get ahead of the curve to be sure I receive my refund. 

for sure, we are gonna cancel the excursion's. The problem is i am fairly certain you have to have an excursion booked before getting off the ship at some of theese places, and we have a month until embarkation and we have no idea what we are going to be doing on those port days. I cant believe RCB has let it get this unorganised and chaotic 😛 first time cruiser here maybe this shouldnt be suprising?

15 minutes ago, wjackson2289 said:

first time cruiser here maybe this shouldnt be suprising?

Welcome to Royal! 😂

The onboard experience makes up for what they lack in the customer service and coordination of the shore side of the operations.

We had a last minute port change and new excursions didn't show up until about 2 days before sailing. Most folks ended up booking excursions onboard.

27 minutes ago, wjackson2289 said:

The problem is i am fairly certain you have to have an excursion booked before getting off the ship at some of theese places, and we have a month until embarkation and we have no idea what we are going to be doing on those port days.

I understand your concern.  I just disembarked a cruise to all of these islands a few hours ago.  The only one that requires an excursion is St. Kitts. I went on the kayaking,  snorkeling  and beach break.  I'd rate it 6 out of 10. Not great, but something.

I was surprised that they did allow you to go to the secured shopping area at the head of the pier. While these are always tourist traps, St. Kitts was larger than most and fairly interesting. 

One other possibility is the St. Kitts railway. I've never been on it, but it looks appealing.

6 minutes ago, steverk said:

I was surprised that they did allow you to go to the secured shopping area at the head of the pier

You are actually allowed to buy an excursion from a vendor in the port area of St. Kitts. You can leave the port area either on a ship excursion or a government approved excursion.

I did the train and it was pretty enjoyable. Friends did the rail and sail version that included a catamaran ride and had a great time as well.

I called Royal Caribbean on Monday asking to book a shore excursion. The agent said they are still working on it, he can already see the. I asked for pricing, his system crashed. After 45 minutes on the phone he gave up, but he said he was told the excursions will be available on Friday. Well, at least I got today notice that the timing for the 2 shore excursions I had booked prior to that mess have changed in date and time. Well, there is hope. Just not for Black Friday / Cyber Monday pricing 😞

Markus

We called up again yesterday and got through to two incredibly rude gentlemen, which is abnormal as all of our previous dealings have been nothing but pleasant. 

We made the point that we are getting a little screwed as we cant take advantage of the black friday stuff, said we know its not his fault but im sure he can understand our frustration. Now he must have been having a bad day because he instantly went into a tirade of "its not our fault, we are just the ones who get shouted at and we cant do anything about it etc etc" To which i replied "sir do you feel like me or my wife have shouted at you about this because we've been nothing but cordial" 

Then he said he can put us through to the resolution center whatever that is and after we explained the situation, that guy said "well, it happens" after 5 seconds of silence i said "what happens?" he said "this stuff", i said "are you kidding me?" he said "its not just you thats having this issue" Thats when i got my jimmys russled a bit 😄 i explained that i understand things can go wrong and im not so self absorbed to think that me and our party of 5 are the only people that RCB are currently causing an inconvenience to and i am more than aware that RCB being unorganized is causing thousands of people to be in the same situation we are. 

I really really dont usually get heated with customer service representatives in any store or company, but that was a bit of a joke. I haven't sailed prior to this and my wife has never sailed with RCB before and usually people have been nothing but helpful but man was this the worst we have seen so far. Hopefully they can get this figured out soon.