Just discovered another advantage to Royal excursions

steverk

Most of us understand the advantages of booking excursions through Royal.  They include convenience and piece of mind that the ship won't leave you behind. 

But I just learned the hard way about another advantage.

My son was on a waterfall excursion, slipped and injured his foot.  We went back to the ship and had it checked in medical. They x-rayed it and found it was broken. They put on a cast and I braced for a substantial bill.

The doctor then said "no charge for this. If you injure yourself on board or on a cruise line excursion,  Royal will pick up the medical bill."

• steverk changed the title to Just discovered another advantage to Royal excursions

Ho[e you son heals quickly.

I had a similar issue where an elderly couple accidently knocked me off a ledge at a small waterfall and broke my nose, fingers and a hand. It was and RC excursion and they rook care of everything and did not need to make a claim on my travel insurance. 

Hope your son is doing well and heals up quickly

Had the same bittersweet experience with someone on our recent Odyssey trip.

It was our first time getting medical travel insurance, so we were braced to have to use that, but to find out that they covered the entire bill (a cost that was printed on our cruise account then immediately credited) was totally a pleasant surprise.