Blue Lagoon Beach Break is a sham

Blue lagoon beach break is a complete sham!  The total excursion was 4 hours, 2 hours spent on the boat in and back,  30 minutes of explanation about All the non complimentary upsell items,  including the inflatable water park that’s half broken down and still $20 a head.  Pull up a chair,  get a drink in hand and then it’s time to go.  We got to sit for about 35 minutes and then we were shooed off the island.  Royal should dump this excursion it’s a real embarrassment!

Well, we'll find out. We've booked the Blue Lagoon Island DELUXE Beach Break on our Jan. 28 sailing on Mariner. the description mentions a 30-40 min. scenic boat ride through historic Nassau Harbor on a double-decker ferry. Arriving at the Island, take a soothing swim in the calm lagoon, float on an inner tube or lay on the beach with the white sand between your toes. Enjoy a double hammock for you and visit the Island Bar and enjoy one of the local specialty drinks. Complete your day at the beach with a stop at the animal facility, where you can see dolphins and sea lions at play in their natural habitat. It also offers a complimentary lunch: After a relaxing day on the beach, satisfy your hunger with a tasty grilled picnic lunch.

1 hour ago, barjpoe said:

Well, we'll find out. We've booked the Blue Lagoon Island DELUXE Beach Break on our Jan. 28 sailing on Mariner. the description mentions a 30-40 min. scenic boat ride through historic Nassau Harbor on a double-decker ferry. Arriving at the Island, take a soothing swim in the calm lagoon, float on an inner tube or lay on the beach with the white sand between your toes. Enjoy a double hammock for you and visit the Island Bar and enjoy one of the local specialty drinks. Complete your day at the beach with a stop at the animal facility, where you can see dolphins and sea lions at play in their natural habitat. It also offers a complimentary lunch: After a relaxing day on the beach, satisfy your hunger with a tasty grilled picnic lunch.

Would love to hear how it is, my son wants to do this excursion and my wife & I are on the fence about it...

On 11/28/2021 at 1:29 PM, Cape cod family cruiser said:

Blue lagoon beach break is a complete sham!  The total excursion was 4 hours, 2 hours spent on the boat in and back,  30 minutes of explanation about All the non complimentary upsell items,  including the inflatable water park that’s half broken down and still $20 a head.  Pull up a chair,  get a drink in hand and then it’s time to go.  We got to sit for about 35 minutes and then we were shooed off the island.  Royal should dump this excursion it’s a real embarrassment!

If you have not done so already, you will get a chance to leave a rating and comments on your post cruise survey.  You might also stop by the excursions desk to give your feedback.

We felt scammed on a Royal excursion in Freeport this past June 2021. It was so bad, everyone was complaining. I went to the Customer Service desk later that evening and explained the circumstances, they credited my OBC account 50% of the cost of the trip. I felt it was a nice gesture and then put in writing the issues so the excursion team could possibly re-visit the offering. I felt Royal did "right" by us for this one. It was so bad.....

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2021 at 4:19 PM, barjpoe said:

How was the excursion?