No Black Friday Deals!?!?

FManke

23 hours ago, FManke said:

Is anybody else having this issue? There are no Black Friday deals offered on the cruise planner for our cruise next year. Prices are the same as earlier in the week. Is it me?

Happy Cruising!

I'm surprised to hear that you don't see anything. Booked several sale items for my August 2022 on Allure.

more than 50% off on a bungalow at Labadee and $2 off the per day rate of the soda drink package....

I know sometimes RCG doesn't apply sales to all sailings at all times, but one would think they wouldn't be so choosy on the biggest sales day of the year....

On 11/28/2021 at 9:34 AM, FManke said:

Is anybody else having this issue? There are no Black Friday deals offered on the cruise planner for our cruise next year. Prices are the same as earlier in the week. Is it me?

Happy Cruising!

Prices are the same as earlier in the week because the price "specials" started on Tuesday, November 23. They did not change AGAIN for Black Friday.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:34 AM, FManke said:

Happy Cruising!

I have been monitoring several items for our Allure sailing in March. I have to say, none of them changed in value at all. 

I have found a few 50% off at Cococay (like snorkeling equipment and floats), but mostly minor offers. Explorer and Grandeur 2022 have no real sales (and Labadee for fall 2022 isn’t even showing so no sale there). The “sale” for 20.99 for the surf internet packages was the same as the price before Black Friday. The prices for cruises are a good bit higher than we paid so nothing there.  I still think the whole “free” cruise giveaway that was and then wasn’t is still super wierd.

On 11/28/2021 at 8:34 AM, FManke said:

Happy Cruising!

I think depends on the cruise, I found some good deals for my April cruise on Wonder OTS.  But for my July (Allure) , October (Harmony), and November (Navigator) cruises the deals were not deals at all so I've decided to wait to purchase cruise planner items for those cruises with the hope that their Memorial Day sale will be better. 

We are doing Anthem for Thanksgiving again next year.  The drink package is $10 more per day than we got it for this year.  The photo package was the same ($124.99).  Thrill Water Park was incredibly cheap compared to what we saw for Thanksgiving this year (it ranged between  $80 and $110 this year.  Then when we got on the boat we could have purchased for $80).  Next year it is $45, so I gave in and bought it for all 8 of us.  The cheapest I've seen Scuba Diving for my husband was $53 in the past.  I got it for $34 next cruise.  Refreshment Package is $16.99.

So some things I was very happy with the prices.  Just the deluxe beverage package was more than I was expecting.

53 minutes ago, FManke said:

I checked prices again this morning and they are the same as last week during the "Black Friday" sale, so should I assume they were never really on sale or that they are still on sale? 🤔

Happy Cruising?

It all depends on what you were looking for in the cruise planner. I purchased among other things the UDP and the DBP for my upcoming Wonder OTS cruise, the UDP was definitely a deal at $190 dollars per person taxes and fees included and the DBP was $1090 dollars for two people.  While the DBP is more than what I paid for our October 2021 Symphony cruise what I had to keep in mind is the beverage package has gone up for the 2022 cruise season.  According to Royal's website the UDP price now tops out at $89 dollars per person per day.  That is expensive but when I look at liquor, wine and beer prices here in Chicago they've all gone up as well so one can only expect Royal to raise their prices as well to cover the higher prices they are being charged.

I'm just hoping the price comes down once the supply chain issues are dealt with and inflation is back under control which is why I didn't purchase the DBP for any of my remaining 2022 cruises.

Quick side note for those of us who think Royal is expensive I just happened to look at NCL's Unlimited Premium Beverage Packages and they range from $99 dollars per day to $128 dollars per day. 😲   Royal's 2022 UBP prices are looking more and more like a deal compared to NCL.

1 hour ago, Bean79 said:

I just booked the Mariner for Feb 12th-17th. I can't believe the DBP is $73 PPPD wow. My last cruise that was canceled because of covid was 46 PPPD!!

TBH Mariner has some really high prices. I sail on the 24th of Jan and the prices were 2x what I am paying to sail on Indy a few weeks earlier. Both are 4nights yet everything is way more expensive on Mariner. 

6 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

It all depends on what you were looking for in the cruise planner. I purchased among other things the UDP and the DBP for my upcoming Wonder OTS cruise, the UDP was definitely a deal at $190 dollars per person taxes and fees included and the DBP was $1090 dollars for two people.  While the DBP is more than what I paid for our October 2021 Symphony cruise what I had to keep in mind is the beverage package has gone up for the 2022 cruise season.  According to Royal's website the UDP price now tops out at $89 dollars per person per day.  That is expensive but when I look at liquor, wine and beer prices here in Chicago they've all gone up as well so one can only expect Royal to raise their prices as well to cover the higher prices they are being charged.

I'm just hoping the price comes down once the supply chain issues are dealt with and inflation is back under control which is why I didn't purchase the DBP for any of my remaining 2022 cruises.

Quick side note for those of us who think Royal is expensive I just happened to look at NCL's Unlimited Premium Beverage Packages and they range from $99 dollars per day to $128 dollars per day. 😲   Royal's 2022 UBP prices are looking more and more like a deal compared to NCL.

As someone who also sells on NCL, I have to point out that almost every cruise package includes a free drink package (for all cabin levels). For suites, there are always fee drink packages, at least 3 speciality meals, etc.