Tipping Casual Dining Staff

BowTieBrigade

What @smokeybandit said. One cruise, the lady that took care of the continental breakfast, etc in the Diamond Lounge was so helpful and congenial the entire cruise.  She put smiles on the faces of all who visited. When I gave her an envelope at the end of the cruise, she was surprised and grateful. But not nearly as grateful as I was for how she made me feel welcome each day. 🙂 I’ve done the same for baristas and others. 

Specialty dining, we tip over and above the included tip, commensurate with the service rendered. 

Tip as you are led, for the staff who does something special for you. Don’t feel like you need to tip everyone something extra.

Ditto! The servers at the casual dining areas such as Cafe Promenade and other places deal with volume and are mostly counter people or bussing tables. The food you’re getting is mostly already paid for with your cruise fare so you’re not spending more for the meal or snack. However…for me…on Royal, there’s always one or more crew members there who go far above and beyond and really extend themselves. Their friendliness, cheerfulness and welcoming attitude is very much appreciated and I’ll give them a cash tip. It’s totally up to you…they’re not expecting it and are always pleasantly surprised by the gesture. Enjoy your cruise!