Windjammer dinner service

Flowrider

5 hours ago, Flowrider said:

What capacity is it going to take to get the windjammer back at night.  Sounds super lame, but we don’t hardly care about eating.  We want to be in and out and partying out on the boat!

Your dining team can get you in and out as quickly as you want.  We are a party of two and eat in the MDR all the time.  Our servers on Explorer a few weeks ago asked if we had shows or whatever to help with the service speed.  We didn’t but we never spent more than an hour in the MDR on our cruise and that was us really killing time.  There’s generally lots of other options available, but we’re still in COVID times so just know what you want to order when you walk in (there’s a menu outside the dining room you can view). 

5 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

Your dining team can get you in and out as quickly as you want.  We are a party of two and eat in the MDR all the time.  Our servers on Explorer a few weeks ago asked if we had shows or whatever to help with the service speed.  We didn’t but we never spent more than an hour in the MDR on our cruise and that was us really killing time.  There’s generally lots of other options available, but we’re still in COVID times so just know what you want to order when you walk in (there’s a menu outside the dining room you can view). 

This is true, they are very good about getting you in and out when you give them a heads up.  Our preference is still the WJ for how we go.

55 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Seems like more windjammers are opening for dinner every week as passenger counts rise. Yes, it is nice to run in and grab a quick meal and get back to the party…and no, it’s not super lame!

We sail on Oasis in two weeks and WJ is finally showing open for dinner, will have to verify with people sailing the next couple weeks.

I like a good meal in the MDR or specialty as much as the next but sometimes after a long port day the convenience and simplicity of the WJ is a nice change.

First time cruiser here, so for you vets this may seem like a dumb question...but do I need to make reservations for lunch at WJ?  Or breakfast there?  I'm not sailing until Feb on Adventure but wanted to ask now.  If so, can I make them on the day I board because I don't see where I can make them now?  Thanks for any help.

4 hours ago, D D said:

First time cruiser here, so for you vets this may seem like a dumb question...but do I need to make reservations for lunch at WJ?  Or breakfast there?  I'm not sailing until Feb on Adventure but wanted to ask now.  If so, can I make them on the day I board because I don't see where I can make them now?  Thanks for any help.

You can make reservations, but you can just walk in.

6 minutes ago, D D said:

When can I make reservations since I've heard without one, it is a long line to be seated?

We’ve just walked straight in on the Symphony, Independence, and Adventure post pandemic.  Wash hands and eat.  I wouldn’t bother making a reservation, honestly don’t know how.

9 hours ago, codyh21 said:

We sail on Oasis in two weeks and WJ is finally showing open for dinner, will have to verify with people sailing the next couple weeks.

I like a good meal in the MDR or specialty as much as the next but sometimes after a long port day the convenience and simplicity of the WJ is a nice change.

I was on the Oasis when the Windjammer opened for dinner back in October. During Sept the low passenger count didn’t make sense to open it as most went to the MDRs. Reduced capacity was great as it felt like there was hardly anyone on the ship…but we missed the WJ.

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

It will be in the app. We had 4100ish on Harmony this past week but no reservations were needed. The line to get in went fast.

My suggestion is to make the reservation in the app for when you want to eat and then you’re covered in that rare case that they get busy and take reservations first.  We did that back in August on Freedom and then in November on Explorer.  Then you’re at least covered.  

same with the shows, make the reservation and at worst you don’t even need it.  

note: we only made windjammer reservations for breakfast, not sure they even took them for lunch. Never really needed it,but just in case.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

It will be in the app. We had 4100ish on Harmony this past week but no reservations were needed. The line to get in went fast.

Do you have the Compass that can be uploaded?  I am trying to get an idea of the shows now that Harmony is back in the US.  I want to be prepared so I can book shows and also adventure club as soon as I get on the ship since we will be going during the holidays (26th to 2nd)

10 hours ago, D D said:

Thank you, but when I go to the app right now I am not able to make any reservations.   Do I need to wait until closer to my sailing date?

Right now you have to wait until you get onboard to make reservations for anything.

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Right now you have to wait until you get onboard to make reservations for anything.

Thank you.  I was hoping I could do in advance, but I'll have to wait I guess.  That's okay, I'll just make them the day I board so I don't miss out.  Thanks again.

10 hours ago, IzzyB said:

Do you have the Compass that can be uploaded?  I am trying to get an idea of the shows now that Harmony is back in the US.  I want to be prepared so I can book shows and also adventure club as soon as I get on the ship since we will be going during the holidays (26th to 2nd)

I didn't save the Compass but I assume @Matt will have one from somebody on the cruise.

IMG4043786286775047042.thumb.jpg.fe0f67d35f01fca1263e36a179b30f60.jpg