Antigen Test Pre Cruise

WannaCruise

I know the antigen test needs to be done no more than 2 days before.  We are in Canada and so the at home test that people mention in the US doesn't apply.  We have booked an appointment for an antigen test at a medical lab that does the test for anyone travelling to the US (as well as UK and a couple other places).  The place gets good reviews.

Aside from ensuring that the documentation is complete and done no more than 2 days prior, is there any specific requirement from Royal?  Or is any negative "antigen" test accepted done by a professional?  We are all vaccinated and this will be in person.  

Just want to make sure we are fine from Royal's perspective as we aren't going with the typical places such as Shoppers, Walmart or Costco (as those as the ones that people mention in Canada). 

56 minutes ago, steverk said:

To my knowledge  any pharmacy in the US should have an acceptable test. I usually do a rapid test from CVS but Walgreens and kroger also perform the tests.

I've heard that CVS requires a US address to schedule a test. Kroger does not.

Thank you.  That's our understanding but just making sure.  We'll get the test done in Canada before heading over to the States (no CVS here).  We're most likely driving so we don't have to get it on our side, but no point driving all that way if one of us is positive.

I've booked with Shoppers and I emailed them to make sure that the results are printed and not handwritten (as I've heard this is an issue). I was assured that the only thing handwritten will be the pharmacist's signature and licence number.

When I made the appointment, I was also asked for your passport numbers, so I provided that as well. We have nexus, but that wasn't an option.

I hope that's it. I can't find any other info. People have used the shoppers tests to get into the US and that's what is showing at the CDC website. So I hope that's all.

Still nervous though...

1 hour ago, cruiserccl said:

I've booked with Shoppers and I emailed them to make sure that the results are printed and not handwritten (as I've heard this is an issue). I was assured that the only thing handwritten will be the pharmacist's signature and licence number.

When I made the appointment, I was also asked for your passport numbers, so I provided that as well. We have nexus, but that wasn't an option.

I hope that's it. I can't find any other info. People have used the shoppers tests to get into the US and that's what is showing at the CDC website. So I hope that's all.

Still nervous though...

There is no need to be nervous about the Shopper's end - I have talked to two different Shopper's pharmacists who have both crossed into the U.S. with Shopper's tests.

21 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just had a thought, worse case scenario, if you took at pre-cruise test at at lab (not a well known pharmacy) that they deemed "not valid", can't you still test at the pier?  You might pay more, but it is still an option right?

Yes, I think that's an option. Although I think you'll have to wait since I thought you had to book an appt for the pier testing.  I would still be  a nervous wreck.

But since Canada is no longer requiring PCR tests to come back within 72 hours, then it'll be less of an issue if we had to get one at the pier, test positive and had to drive back home.

But I think we'll just wait until we get a result before leaving Canada. 

If it comes back as "not valid" I would hope that they would do the test again. Or just go elsewhere. One of the shoppers I contacted suggested we just walk up, but I'd prefer an appt. But it's nice to know that if needed, we can just go there.