Labadee rumors

5 hours ago, RBo said:

With the news about the construction delays in the DR, has RCL added Labadee back to Anthem's 2/11 itinerary? I am on Mariner 2/12 and RCL never changed our itinerary. Just curious.

Haven’t heard anything about this yet. I will stay tuned and let you know!   Kinda getting excited now about Puerto Plata because the port area looks gorgeous, and St. Thomas’s beaches look amazing too.   But we would love to be at Labadee as well!  

On 1/28/2022 at 9:47 AM, Matt said:

Matt, would love for you to come sail with our Group 4/23/-4/28 Mariner of the Seas.  Jessie Ritter Country Music Artist will perform for our group.  Special deal for [email protected] is my email..  big fan and subscriber  of your blogs and video's..

On 1/28/2022 at 11:28 AM, Diane LW said:

We just received an email from RC yesterday that our Allure trip 2/19 will be rerouting to Labadee because Dom Rep’s port will be under construction.  Because of the change they are also changing  our St Kitts port to Nassau.  We’re disappointed as the St Kitts port was the reason we chose that sailing.  We’ve been to Nassau a few times already, and were not impressed with Labadee during a previous cruise.  Royal is not offering compensation and if we rebook to another ship with stops at ports that we want to see, we will need to pay the difference in fare.   Has anyone ever had luck in getting some kind of compensation when itinerary changes??

Itinerary changes are always possible and I think even mentioned in the cruise contract that you accept the possibility it could happen. So I doubt you'll be getting any compensation outside of refunds for any excursions at the ports you're no longer visiting.

I suppose you could try to make use of the Cruise with Confidence but that's really your only option I think. (Other than just trying to make the best out of it - maybe trying new excursions at Labadee and treating nassau like a sea day or getting a day pass at a hotel?)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 11:28 AM, Diane LW said:

We just received an email from RC yesterday that our Allure trip 2/19 will be rerouting to Labadee because Dom Rep’s port will be under construction.  Because of the change they are also changing  our St Kitts port to Nassau.  We’re disappointed as the St Kitts port was the reason we chose that sailing.  We’ve been to Nassau a few times already, and were not impressed with Labadee during a previous cruise.  Royal is not offering compensation and if we rebook to another ship with stops at ports that we want to see, we will need to pay the difference in fare.   Has anyone ever had luck in getting some kind of compensation when itinerary changes??

I'm a little late to chime in, but if you purchased travel insurance, it might include compensation for missed ports (which includes itinerary changes). I know my Allianz policies purchased from AAA include it.

Or, you could probably find a different cruise at a good price with the current sale. I recently cancelled and rebooked for a similar reason. I'm sure you'd have a good time on this one, but personally, I'd probably rebook and go where you really want...especially if you wouldn't be able to take a second cruise in the near future.

On 1/26/2022 at 1:37 PM, Patchy said:

Labadee is officially ditched from the 2/11 Anthem sailing (and also ditching San Juan as well).  Replaced with Puerto Plata D.R. and St. Thomas instead.   

My vacation on Anthem is officially over 😢

But we also ditched San Juan and instead we had 4 days at sea before we stopped at our first port of call. Those 4 days at sea were heaven, 4 days out followed by 4 ports of call, followed by 3 days at sea back to Bayonne.

At one of the top tier events on day 9 or 10 several of us tried to get the captain to turn the ship around and head back to the Caribbean of course he refused said something about it wouldn't be fair to the passengers on the 2/11 sailing. LOL!!!! But at the event we were told Labadee is open and we were also told at some point in the future Labadee will be amplified and look more like Coco Cay than the Labadee we all remember. There were more than few people disappointed with that news I'm guessing because some people really love Labadee exactly how it is now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 10:01 PM, MawrtyrB said:

We had a beautiful day at Labadee Wednesday.  I was chatting with our asst waiter after and he said he had heard they weren't going back to Labadee after that day, which made him sad because he hadn't been able to go ashore to work there yet. Everything seemed to go smoothly so IDK why. 

maybe he just meant that ship?

What ship were you on?