Labadee rumors

6 hours ago, newfolio said:

I am sailing on Symphony on Feb 5th and I just got an email this moring telling me that our Puerto Rico port is cancelled 😞 and to make up for it they are giving us a longer day in Labedee 8:00am - 5:00pm!!! So it looks like Labedee is BACK IN BUSINESS!! So excited to be one of the first people back there!! 

I am on the same cruise, I was looking forward to going to San Juan, but I am still excited to go to Labadee.

1 hour ago, S. Noble said:

It is truly a shame that we don't have a live blog going for the cruise that goes to Labadee this week. I'll be checking their FB group though. I'm on the edge of my seat to know how it goes for our intrepid fellow cruisers! 😆

Edit: Just noticed that @nhilding10is on the sailing so I'm sure we'll get some news!

I wish! We got the dreaded positive cases on Friday (both my son and I) and had to cancel at the last minute before we flew out, so I'm not on this sailing 😢 

On 1/24/2022 at 4:38 PM, CrimsonCruiser said:

noooooo T_T_T_T_T

I hope you guys aren't feeling it too bad

Thank you, we appreciate that. Luckily, and what seems very oddly, neither of us have had a single symptom or felt sick AT ALL. So while the test showed we were positive, otherwise we would have been none-the-wiser! Very lucky, no doubt, given some of the stories we've all seen and heard. I'll thank my lucky stars that's how we feel and consider us very blessed to already be looking at a replacement booking! 

We just received an email from RC yesterday that our Allure trip 2/19 will be rerouting to Labadee because Dom Rep’s port will be under construction.  Because of the change they are also changing  our St Kitts port to Nassau.  We’re disappointed as the St Kitts port was the reason we chose that sailing.  We’ve been to Nassau a few times already, and were not impressed with Labadee during a previous cruise.  Royal is not offering compensation and if we rebook to another ship with stops at ports that we want to see, we will need to pay the difference in fare.   Has anyone ever had luck in getting some kind of compensation when itinerary changes??

Exciting! We're booked on Mariner February 12-17 for our 40th engagement anniversary, and scheduled to port at both Coco Cay & Labadee. We dreaded getting notice of an itinerary change to Nassau, so this news about Harmony in port on Thursday is fantastic! Last time we were at Labadee was 2018, so glad to be heading back.   

On 1/26/2022 at 2:37 PM, Patchy said:

Labadee is officially ditched from the 2/11 Anthem sailing (and also ditching San Juan as well).  Replaced with Puerto Plata D.R. and St. Thomas instead.   

With the news about the construction delays in the DR, has RCL added Labadee back to Anthem's 2/11 itinerary? I am on Mariner 2/12 and RCL never changed our itinerary. Just curious.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:12 AM, PG Cruiser said:

Yay!  The Harmony made it to Labadee!

image.png.0bcd6935970fc1f0a9eee2f80567d09a.png

PG Cruiser, I love the cruise tracker widget you have at the bottom of your post. Is that something tied to an app or some other thing you found on the interwebs?