Nassau - Pearl Island vs. Blue Lagoon?

D Alt

which one did you like better for beauty and scenery and overall excursion enjoyment? 

Option 1: Pearl Island offers a beach break and snorkel (lighthouse climb). Is Pearl island less busy? looks like a pretty island. 

Option 2:  Blue lagoon offers beach and other activities.  I'm not into dolphin or other sea life excursions. 

Option 3: Other Nassau excursions?  I noticed a Sail and Snorkel one in Nassau that may be fun as well. A Ghost tour too. 

I wish I had time to do them all...but alas, no. 

We did the Pearl Island beach and snorkel excursion in October.   

The beach is small but nice and they have lots of water toys (kayak, paddleboard, trampoline) that you can use in the equally small roped off swimming area.  

They have a beach bar (extra price) and a lunch (included) that was very tasty.  The lighthouse is cute and the views of the beach and water are nice from the top. 

Snorkeling starts near the lighthouse and they have a couple of guides to help you with gear, and point out fish, it lasted about 45 minutes.  We saw a lot more fish than we expected including several schools of fish.  

On the ride pack to port they will slow down and point out the waterfront homes of the rich and famous and historical sights.   Overall it was a nice day. 

On 11/25/2021 at 7:19 AM, D Alt said:

which one did you like better for beauty and scenery and overall excursion enjoyment? 

Option 1: Pearl Island offers a beach break and snorkel (lighthouse climb). Is Pearl island less busy? looks like a pretty island. 

Option 2:  Blue lagoon offers beach and other activities.  I'm not into dolphin or other sea life excursions. 

Option 3: Other Nassau excursions?  I noticed a Sail and Snorkel one in Nassau that may be fun as well. A Ghost tour too. 

I wish I had time to do them all...but alas, no. 

Having only been to Pearl Island, I can only say that I really enjoyed it there.  I did the snorkel package.  As mentioned a couple of guides take you out, and there's a good reef system out there, however, it is bleached.  What was really neat is they brought up a small starfish, and let us hold it briefly, amongst other sea life that lives on the floor of the ocean.

The lighthouse is small, it takes maybe 2 flights of stairs to get to the top.  But it's an experience nonetheless.  The beach area as mentioned by Va4fam has several paddleboards, kayaks, and other water things.

The island is small, but everyone seemed to be spread out and it never seemed crowded at all.

I never booked a cabana there, I didn't find any need to after my excursion there.  We spent most of our time in the water anyways.

Was there much shade on Pearl Island? Looking at the pictures, I just worry about being able to cover up.  Nassau is the first day of the cruise so I don't want to get baked and have problems.   I am going on Celebrity next April.  Did Blue Lagoon last time, so wanted to try Pearl Island and do the snorkeling there as well.

For the Blue Lagoon input, it was nice there as well.  Pearl Island looks smaller, so it may be less crowded.  With Blue Lagoon, much of the attraction for people is the animal shows etc.  I don't do those, so I did just the beach.  The beach I was on was in the ocean lagoon section.  Nice, but not a sweeping ocean view. The lunch was BBQ flavored chicken and some sides.  Drink prices etc I remember were about $6 or so for Kaliks and $7 or so for imports such as Coors light etc.