Pre cruise testing?

RWW1970

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Protocols are set through March 2022 I believe.  There will be pre-cruise testing required this upcoming holiday season.  Testing is required for my Jan 2022 sailing.

This is not what my cruise information states.  For my Dec 26th cruise it specifically states "Pre-cruise and onboard/debarkation testing requirements have not yet been announced. Tap Health on the Royal Caribbean app's home screen or visit our website for updates." when I go into my boarding information.

12 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I am sailing out of the US.  I noticed it the other day as I ignored it thinking it just said we needed to test since I had known we needed to test based on checking everything out since my son is unvaxed (under 5).  But the other day I read it and realized it said they didn't know what the rules would be.  I am moving as if I need everyone tested, but clearly they don't have the rules set in stone at this point or it would tell me when I logged in for my specific cruise.  I am wondering with Christmas and Christmas Eve if they are trying to do 3 days instead of 2.

As many have stated RCG released protocols for sailings out of the U.S that are good through March. Testing is a thing. There won't be special rules for holiday sailings. Just because a particular sailing has/doesn't have spelled out testing in the app or CP doesn't mean anything. The protocols are listed when you do even the smallest bit of research.

Schedules, itineraries, protocols and just about everything else is subject to change as circumstances evolve. Now there is the new ‘Nu’ variant. Keep informed and up to date on Royal’s website as much as possible. Don’t wait for individual notification as you might miss it or be missed during distribution. Due diligence is key. It appears that for the foreseeable future, the one constant is…nothing is constant.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:35 AM, RWW1970 said:

On my holiday cruise on Allure, my app says that the testing requirements have not been announced yet. Fingers crossed but I’ve purchased my tests just in case. I’m so nervous we could be packed & ready to go and find out one of our family members tests positive.  

Agreed, I am planning on scheduling my tests as soon as it is two weeks out from the date, but mine says the same thing.  Wonder if non-holiday cruises have the same message or just holiday ones.  I would think it would have the testing protocols announced to March so I thought it was interesting when it said testing protocols have not been announced.

21 hours ago, IzzyB said:

Wonder if non-holiday cruises have the same message or just holiday ones.  I would think it would have the testing protocols announced to March so I thought it was interesting when it said testing protocols have not been announced.

It's more likely no one bothered to update the email template. Until the last announcement that was to be through March 2022 the protocols weren't being released until quite close to the sail date.

1 hour ago, wdwfan said:

Where do you schedule testing for pre cruise? We're sailing on the Symphony in a couple of weeks but I don't know where to schedule or how to make sure I'm getting the right test.

Walgreens and CVS are the most popular.  Additionally, many people prefer ordering the home tests as you don't have to worry about finding an appointment.  

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's more likely no one bothered to update the email template. Until the last announcement that was to be through March 2022 the protocols weren't being released until quite close to the sail date.

It isn't an e-mail template.  When you log into your account and go to your cruise and then boarding pass a message pops up.  On it talks about vaccines, unvaccinated onboard testing, and then states pre-cruise it shows the message that it hasn't been announced.  It could very well be they just haven't updated it.  The cruise is 29 days out.

Like I stated I am going as if I need everyone to test, but it is odd to me that this is not updated for our cruise.  When I click on the health and safety page specific for Harmony it doesn't even mention at all about pre-cruise testing other than the one at port for un-vaxed.

I mean honestly they need to update that, because for anyone who is on these cruises aren't going to realize they need tested if they follow all the links for their specific cruise.

9 hours ago, IzzyB said:

It isn't an e-mail template.  When you log into your account and go to your cruise and then boarding pass a message pops up.  On it talks about vaccines, unvaccinated onboard testing, and then states pre-cruise it shows the message that it hasn't been announced.  It could very well be they just haven't updated it.  The cruise is 29 days out.

Like I stated I am going as if I need everyone to test, but it is odd to me that this is not updated for our cruise.  When I click on the health and safety page specific for Harmony it doesn't even mention at all about pre-cruise testing other than the one at port for un-vaxed.

I mean honestly they need to update that, because for anyone who is on these cruises aren't going to realize they need tested if they follow all the links for their specific cruise.

Agree. I have the same message and my cruise is less than 2 weeks away. We'll get tested anyway, but I foresee conflict at the port between RCCL reps and guests