Charged more than $10 at Izumi Hibachi with UDP

PG Cruiser

Don't know of it is in official documentation.

I've always been under the impression with the dining package it would be $10 for a single protein and $15 for a two proteins. Add to the mix the 18% automatic gratuity.

This was also what was mentioned here on Harmony Monday when dining.

Details are usually found in the term and conditions when booking a package in the cruise planner:

(From a Symphony cruise)

*Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20. For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, which will be charged onboard. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Taste of Royal and Mystery Dinner Theater. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Offer valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Ultimate Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. Terms of Dining Packages apply. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

Harmony UDP

:907224293_ScreenShot2021-11-25at7_18_41AM.thumb.jpg.846a645e5d03d2ceff99d509434c184b.jpg

Mariner with new "My Royal Cruises"

1535828369_ScreenShot2021-11-25at7_20_40AM.thumb.jpg.cde8ab35f44eec596673e9ed6fa975e7.jpg

I brought this matter to Guest Services this morning.  I got a call from Specialty Dining later and they said that the $10 dollars was for one meat and $14+ was for two meats.  I said Royal needs to make this clear in the fine print.  On both the Overview and the T&C that @twangster has posted, nothing is mentioned about the two different surcharges.   Plus, I've just been on other cruises which charged only the flat rate of $10 for the surcharge.

I told the manager that my inquiry was not about the extra amount I paid.  It was more about the consistency and accuracy of the information, fleet wide, which I (we) pass on to other cruisers asking about these dining packages.  

14 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I brought this matter to Guest Services this morning.  I got a call from Specialty Dining later and they said that the $10 dollars was for one meat and $14+ was for two meats.  I said Royal needs to make this clear in the fine print.  On both the Overview and the T&C that @twangster has posted, nothing is mentioned about the two different surcharges.   Plus, I've just been on other cruises which charged only the flat rate of $10 for the surcharge.

I told the manager that my inquiry was not about the extra amount I paid.  It was more about the consistency and accuracy of the information, fleet wide, which I (we) pass on to other cruisers asking about these dining packages.  

Thank you.  It's important that each ship gets this feedback in a calm, appropriate manner.

Ships are separate operating companies. Each ship is responsible for revenue targets and I think sometimes they forget they are part of a bigger brand that posts details on the website that few management on the ship probably ever read.  

I know it's frustrating, been there.  

• 1 month later...

I guess I just “assumed” while looking at dining options.  I thought packages gave one a $35 credit for Hibachi so the one meat option at $45 would be a $10 upcharge and the premium at $50 would be a $15.  I kinda just took that for granted 🤷‍♀️.  But thanks for the heads up & glad you were able to get help.