Unable to make cruise planner purchases

KayCee009

Wondering if anyone else is having or has had this issue before. We are sailing in February and a few weeks ago they switched around our itinerary. We still have the same ports, but now they’re on different days. Since then, my cruise planner has had the shore excursions messed up. It has excursions listed for the wrong places on the wrong days. I didn’t think this was that big of a deal and figured they would fix it at some point, until I realized I am unable to make purchases today. I attempted to make a purchase this morning and it gave me an error message stating payment could not be completed, however the charge was pending on my credit card. I tried a few more times and tried using a different card with the same result. When I called Royal they also tried and the same thing happened. Come to find out this is an issue for everyone on this sailing because of the issues with the excursions being messed up. I’m on a FB group for this sailing and others have stated that they have tickets placed but are being told it could take 1-2 weeks for the issue to be resolved. They are also not getting a straight answer as to whether or not Royal will honor these prices. It’s obviously frustrating mostly because the waterpark prices are lower than I’ve seen them since we lift-and-shifted over a year ago. We’re new to Royal so I’m wondering if any of you more seasoned cruisers have any insight? I’m not sure what else I can do. 

Side note: we booked ourselves and did not use a travel agent. In hindsight, that was obviously not the best choice. 

I’m on Harmony on 3/6/22. Cocoa Key beach club went down to $99. I called and canceled my original booking to book at new price. I gave them one card. He said it didn’t go through can I have number again. He said that didn’t go through. I gave him a different card. He said that didn’t go through. I looked at my bank online. The 1st card had 2 charges pending and the 2nd has 1 charge pending. I told the person that I was talking to that I have been charged 3 times for the same thing. He put me on hold and said it was taken care of and charges should post back in 20 minutes.

It didn’t work. I still have 3 charges and no reservation. I called back and after waiting on hold for 2 hours finally talked to someone. She put me on hold while she talked to resolutions. I was disconnected. I’m not a happy camper. I will try again tomorrow morning.

I really hope others are having better luck.

Our 4 day Oasis cruise Itinerary for April changed from sailing to Labadee to now Costa Maya. Obvious reasons for the change. What is frustrating is my cruise planner still shows Labadee excursions. Is there a way for me to see the Costa Maya excursions? I would love to be able to take advantage of the black friday sales for some Costa Maya excursions and plan for our upcoming cruise in April. 

Me too, the person I talked to also talked to the Resolutions dept. and hopefully in 24 hours it should be say booked. Was on hold for about 3 hours, then another hour and a half trying to get things paid for. My cruise planner says 'Reserved' ; the bank statement does say 'pending' so I'll give it until after the Tday to see if it changes.

11 hours ago, starbrat said:

Our 4 day Oasis cruise Itinerary for April changed from sailing to Labadee to now Costa Maya. Obvious reasons for the change. What is frustrating is my cruise planner still shows Labadee excursions. Is there a way for me to see the Costa Maya excursions? I would love to be able to take advantage of the black friday sales for some Costa Maya excursions and plan for our upcoming cruise in April. 

I have the same issue for a 4-night Mariner sailing in April. Originally scheduled for Cozumel, but a few weeks ago got changed to Nassau and Grand Bahama Island. Cruise planner shows the Bahamas itinerary, but all of the excursions are still for Cozumel, so I have no idea what any of the sales might be, but I really don't want to spend my day on the phone with Royal.

@KayCee009, @barjpoe, @1978bucketlist, and anyone else this may apply to...  Please be aware that new/pending charges will show up on your bank/credit card accounts in almost real time but the same is NOT true for removed charges.  In fact, it can take multiple days for pending charges to disappear.  This is not Royal's fault (assuming they processed the refund of course), but a weird quirk of the banking system.  The closer you watch your accounts, the more weirdness you'll see.  For example, there doesn't seem to be any logic to how long it takes a pending charge to become a "real" charge and sometimes you can see the the real charge but the pending charge is still there too.  Unfortunately, all you can do is keep track of what the end result should be and check again a few days later.

1 hour ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

I have the same issue for a 4-night Mariner sailing in April. Originally scheduled for Cozumel, but a few weeks ago got changed to Nassau and Grand Bahama Island. Cruise planner shows the Bahamas itinerary, but all of the excursions are still for Cozumel, so I have no idea what any of the sales might be, but I really don't want to spend my day on the phone with Royal.

Is Cozumel a port that is being changed these days? I have not seen anything but noticed my excursion to Cozumel in my cruise planner was now showing no "title" as it originally did and only showed "no details". Still shows as paid for and I have not seen a refund. The cruise planner does still show other excursions available. Just thinking I amy need to change my excursion. Trying to wait until after the Thanksgiving Holiday until I attempt a phone call. Is there a designated excursion number??

I made several attempts to purchase a drink package with snorkeling. I tried 15 times and was charge 15 times in credit card, although pending. I'm not concerned about the charges as it will be either deleted or refunded one way or another. 

I ended up removing an excursion my cart and just left the drink package in there and it did let me purchase it without issues. 

Because of the changes in itinerary, some of the excursion packages showing on the website is not actually being recognized by their automated system because they have not fully fixed the issue of switching port days and excursion days to match together causing the purchase error. They only have several packages available to view on RCL end that is available but we as customers are seeing all of it available and unavailable packages.

You can purchase package that is not an port excursion otherwise.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, MTNeedsAVacay said:

So I called Royal today and was sent to a “supervisor” I let them know that I have a Star Class booking and additionally 5 more rooms for 12 guests that I have paid for. I would really like to save some money on the excursions for the cruise and was prepared to purchase. He then tried to sell me a Labadee excursion. 😂🤣I told him the excursion he was trying to sell me was not for the port my cruise is going to. He blamed it on the “technology” and “new system” they have and reassured me that the excursions would show up in about a week or two. You know once all the sales are over it will show up. I’m hoping to find a cabana somewhere and find something fun for the kids (8,10,17, and 18)to do. 🙏🏻 Please tell me costa Costa Maya is a fun port. 

• 3 months later...

I am having this same issue for an August 2022 cruise to Alaska! I tried to purchase an excursion in Ketchikan, I received an error. I asked my Dad (We are using his card for this one) if he received a notice from his bank about trying to make a (possibly flagged as unusual) charge. He said no. So, I called RCL on Saturday around 5:45pm. The representative tried to book and also failed. She told me she would not be able to forward me to anyone else, as they close at 6:00pm (It was now 5:58). She said she will put a note on my account. I said well will someone call me back? She said if I wish, I said yes. Sunday comes around, no call. I try to book it again (now, using my credit card) and it failed. I called RCL again, the representative tried, she said she got the excursion and asked for my email to send me the confirmation. I gave it to her, she told me I would receive it shortly. I asked for a confirmation number in the meantime and she gave me one. Over an hour goes by, it's still not in my planner and I did not receive an email. I call RCL again. The representative this time said there is no record of a confirmation, nothing in my file. She sees a note from other reps but nothing has been charged or is pending. She asks me for the number on the excursion, I tell her - she then reads back the excursion and I tell her No and tell her the name of the excursion, She then looks it up by name and finds it; she asks if I want her to book the excursion. I said no thank you and I decided to try again Monday. Monday rolls around, and I see I have a charge! Oy. Does anyone know the best way to go about this? Feeling defeated after getting no where with the reps. Should I just dispute it with my CC?