xCANCELLEDx Symphony of the Seas - January 8, 2022 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be on this sailing if travel restrictions for Canada don’t get any worse. I had originally booked this specifically for the fact it hit Labadee and Coco Cay in the sail sailing but am fine with the revised itinerary. Just happy to be getting back to the Caribbean for the first time in 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering canceling. No so much about Royal Caribbean, but I'm not sure I love traveling from Colorado to Miami the day before. Flights are canceled; shows may be canceled - ports, too. Any thoughts anyone? I'm a solo cruiser and want to interact a bit with others. 

I am a little concerned as well but at this point still planning on going. Travelling from Vancouver, Canada. More worried about the PCR test to get back into Canada than I am about flight cancellations. I am seeing there is no shows on the current Symphony sailing, only comedians. Hopefully entertainment staff is out of quarantine for the Jan 8 sailing.

6 hours ago, ShineyThings said:

I am considering canceling. No so much about Royal Caribbean, but I'm not sure I love traveling from Colorado to Miami the day before. Flights are canceled; shows may be canceled - ports, too. Any thoughts anyone? I'm a solo cruiser and want to interact a bit with others. 

I canceled. Too many unknowns for us to guess at. Trouble checking in from the get go with the app and website, with NO help from RCCL, not getting PCR test results in time, flights getting canceled, ports canceled, sick crew members leading to insufficient staffing and closures of restaurants, entertainment etc. 

On 1/1/2022 at 9:49 PM, Vancity Cruiser said:

I am a little concerned as well but at this point still planning on going. Travelling from Vancouver, Canada. More worried about the PCR test to get back into Canada than I am about flight cancellations. I am seeing there is no shows on the current Symphony sailing, only comedians. Hopefully entertainment staff is out of quarantine for the Jan 8 sailing.

How do you know there are no shows on the current Symphony sailings?  I have not been able to find out anything about whether onboard shows and activities are closed or open.

58 minutes ago, Symphonyguest said:

How do you know there are no shows on the current Symphony sailings?  I have not been able to find out anything about whether onboard shows and activities are closed or open.

Someone on the current sailing of Symphony posted the entertainment schedule.

3E7F5AC2-1CF3-4B30-9C23-737870C2658E.png

Thank you for posting that schedule but I don't see where it says anything is cancelled.  Was there more to the photo that got cut off or am I just missing it?  Also, do you or anyone else know about whether any onboard activities have been cancelled on the current Symphony cruise?

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Typically that aquatheater column would be mostly full of shows.  

Thanks.  And I guess the Royal Theater is where they would have Hairspray and now that column shows Headliners, so no Hairspray.  This schedule, though, doesn't show whether onboard activities are open, like ice skating, laser tag, rock climbing, surfing, escape room, etc.  I'm just trying to get some idea of the likelihood and extent to which activities and entertainment will be closed.

26 minutes ago, Symphonyguest said:

I'm just trying to get some idea of the likelihood and extent to which activities and entertainment will be closed.

You may want to post in the current sailing roll call and see if someone can give you an idea of what they're seeing with respect to activities?

You can also look at the current onboard schedule for Symphony in the Royal app on your smartphone. You just click on the little head icon and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and then click on the Other ships we support link. Then you can go to Symphony and pull up the current sailing and check out the Daily Planner in the app. They're only on Day 6, so you can only see Day 6 and Day 7 schedules. For example I'm looking right now and it shows there's ice skating tomorrow at 3pm and the Flowrider is open and operating some both days.

I haven't seen laser tag be open for ANY of the ships yet and I don't think Symphony has opened the escape room back up. 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xCANCELLEDx Symphony of the Seas - January 8, 2022 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day