Sale Prices

cdb

Welcome to Royal Caribbean Blog.

This has happened to us a couple times, but we don't feel ripped off. At the time of booking the price was what I was comfortable paying. If prices drop before final payment I re-book at the lower rate.

Sure I would like to pay less, but I also understand it's a business. The ship needs to sail at or near capacity and if that means dropping prices prior to sailing I accept that. Hotels and airlines do it all the time. In the future you can wait and book after final payment, but is the risk worth it? Prices could be higher, category that you want not available or worse case the ship could be sold out.

I know it stings a bit, but you are going to have a great time. Enjoy your cruise and make sure to come back and do a review.

It's a fair trade. Booking early guarantees you the cabin you want and gives you plenty of time to pay off your cruise. It is usually a very reasonable fare. Waiting until after final payment date, you run the risk of few options for room category and location, you have to pay the full balance immediately and you run the very REAL risk that prices will be much higher than they were in the past.

For those who wait and get a good deal - more power to ya !

Thanks to all for your feedback.

Also I am cognicent how business operates and reseaonable profits should be encouraged to support the free market system. However in this case the price differential is about 50%!!!!!

On the matter of checking with the TA, I have done this and their response is that they are shocked and have never seen this level of differential in the past. They are actively seeking a response from Cruiseco.

Also logically speaking RC are not directly involved as Cruiseco have chartered the ship and are responsible for the marketing aspect in selling the cabins!

I wonder if anyone has experienced this poor business practice with other operators apart from Cruiseco???????

Thanks, The Parkers. Incidentally RU living and Cruising from Au?. Particularly WA?

I'd love to hear from passengers on the 30 November Ovation of the Seas cruise from Singapore to Fremantle who are fully paid up and their reactions to this massive discount by Cruiseco.