Drink Prices

PTS73

Generally speaking those drinks will still be in the $10-12 range.  Makers Mark, with or without the mixer, will probably run $12.  Note that oddly, the cost of liquor can vary ship by ship even within the Royal Caribbean fleet.  I'm not sure that RCCL distinguishes between a single pour of alcohol and a single pour of alcohol with a mixer - as is reasonably common on shore as well (at least in the US).

Welcome to Royal Caribbean Blog. You might consider a drink package if you consume at least 5 adult beverages a day. Looking at my upcoming sailings they range from $44-$48 per day. Lots of great info here: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/05/25/are-royal-caribbeans-unlimited-drink-packages-worth-it

Thanks for the informative replies! Heading out on the Allure next week. If you get the drink package, I'm not a heavy drinker, and decide on ship it's not working...can I cancel and get it prorated money back to my CC?

I've heard that's possible, but cannot promise.  My expectation would be that it would not be possible.  In fact, of the times I've read about it happening, they cancel the package and then charge back every drink individually.

Your better bet is to wait to book onboard and after a day or two, buy the package at a pro-rated rate if you find yourself drinking a lot.

My wife was able to cancel her package on there first day as it was not to her likely and Royal was gracious enough to do so. However, it's at the discretion of the Food and Beverage Manager, so your experience could vary. Matt's advice is best: go a day or two onboard and see if it makes sense based on your consumption as they'll prorate the package for you.

The only benefit of booking ahead is obtaining a sale price and breaking up the amount that gets charged to your onboard account.

Thanks for the informative replies! Heading out on the Allure next week. If you get the drink package, I'm not a heavy drinker, and decide on ship it's not working...can I cancel and get it prorated money back to my CC?

You don't have to be a heavy drinker to make it worth your while.  A specialty coffee in the morning, a pop/soda at lunch, 2 frozen drinks by the pool during the afternoon, and then something around dinner time and you're already ahead at that point.  Add in a bottle of water here and there - grabbing one as leave for an excursion for example - and you're golden.