Go ahead, say “I told you so!”

Pooch

Our Beach Club dropped $93.99pp total, so booked it.  I also booked the soft drink package for my aunt next May in AK, down to $5.99.  I went ahead and booked Jamie's and 150 CP for next December because Jamie's was on sale for $35pp, and 150 CP is cheaper (not on sale) on Harmony next December than it is on Oasis this December.  Go figure.  

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

My highly anticipated Black Friday sale is a bust.  Not only is it still 30% off but the base price went up a couple weeks ago so that 30% is actually $3 more each.  I know, I know you snooze you lose.  

Ahhh good ol' business models...jack up the price and then put it on "sale" a few months later. Time tested, CEO approved. 

Lol I have this thing where I do all my Christmas shopping in Oct. A friend asked why and I told them that is when prices are the lowest. Right after Halloween, most places jack up the prices, so that when Black Friday rolls around it looks like you are getting a great deal. But in most cases, it is a few dollars over a price that was lower in Sep/Oct.

Since I only want refresher packages and internet, I am coming out ahead on most of my sailings. But most of what is on sale in CP is a bust.

1 hour ago, KyleW22 said:

Couldn’t agree more. The sale is extremely disappointing. 

DBP has been $50 in every sale this year for my sailing. Missed buying it by an hour last sale. This “sale” it is $58. 

Just checked our 2022 sailings, only thing that was cheaper was Voom on our Anthem sailing in May, DBP and speciality restaurants were more expensive on boths sailings 😞. Booked Voom but will keep checking the others.

1 hour ago, KyleW22 said:

Couldn’t agree more. The sale is extremely disappointing. 

DBP has been $50 in every sale this year for my sailing. Missed buying it by an hour last sale. This “sale” it is $58. 

I wouldn't say extremely disappointing.
For me the UDP is the same price I previously got on another sale.

The refreshment package is $16.99 is a very good price.

The DBP is $60.99 which as you said is more expensive than every other sale this year.

And my Beach club has been sitting at $198 and never has gone on sale is $98.99. More than I want to spend but I haven't seen it this low except for $79 for when this double L&S was originally supposed to sail.

And I save a little on the Voom S&S. More that I paid previously but it is what it is.

I think it depends on what you are looking for.  We just got our Refreshment package for $17 per person per day when it was $30 in the cruise planner last week and had dropped to a previous low of $23 a few weeks ago.  We typically don't do excursions, specialty dining, or internet, so don't have a history on those items.

Royal knows that a lot of people are looking at the DBP so why would they deeply discount it during a known sale time (like black Friday).  They know they will get a lot of sales during this period, so why not make a little extra money.  It's still far cheaper than buying drinks onboard.  They can always discount it again later if they see that a percentage of cruisers on various sailings need to be enticed to make that purchase.

Yeah, this is a bit disappointing. Our January cruise has drink packages at $4 more PP/PD than I already paid. Our August Alaska cruise has it at $2 more PP/PD than it was two weeks ago, so I'm gonna wait it out on that.

I did save a total of $70 by re-booking two excursions, but, that's it.

Oh, I almost forgot @Pooch, I TOLD YOU SO! 😆

9 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

Yesterday our soda package said 30% off at $6.49 pp and today it says 50% off at $6.49 pp. still a good price but how do they calculate %.   That is some fuzzy math at best. 🙄

Yup, that's Royal for you. Their definition of "% off" is "some random number off another random number". The only number you can rely on is the one on the bottom line. 😞

My son saved over $200 on a handful of purchases.  $120 savings on The Key alone.  For him that is not a bust.  

Like all items on Royal not every sail date or every item will be on sale.  If something is selling well or they have reached a threshold they won't drop the price on that sail date. The following week on the same ship they might.   One excursion for him went up.  That only means it is nearly sold out.  They don't put things that are nearly sold out on sale.  

YMMV.

6 hours ago, Pooch said:

Yup as I am only looking at the DBP.  It’s not the end of the world but it is disappointing. Any thoughts as to whether the Cyber Monday Sale might be better?  When it would start?

This current sale goes until Wednesday December 1 so it’s a combo sale. However I might sneak a look Monday just in case they pull a fast one and lower some prices. Doubtful though. 

On 11/23/2021 at 8:01 AM, Pooch said:

My highly anticipated Black Friday sale is a bust.  Not only is it still 30% off but the base price went up a couple weeks ago so that 30% is actually $3 more each.  I know, I know you snooze you lose.  

For what it is worth, one of our excursions (for Feb 22) was down 6%.  Most of the discounts seemed to be for beverage or dinning packages.  We ended up not buying anything new.  So for us, it was a "limited" sale.

Well…for me it was very beneficial. I cruise solo and the Key is very appealing, I only have to purchase one. This sale I ended up purchasing the Key for eight upcoming cruises. It was $17.99 or $19.99 each cruise. So for a few dollars more each day from what I would have paid for just the internet…I get the benefits of easier boarding, carry on luggage drop off and delivery to my cabin, Chops lunch, free room service for the entire cruise, 25% off all dining purchases made onboard and easier disembarkation. I don’t really care about the other benefits. Also, the CocoCay Beach Club price dropped more than fifty percent and was available at the lower price for all of my cruises through Dec 2022. I locked in the lower price on eight cruises! I feel like the woman in that commercial……..

image.gif

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@BrianBI thought the 25% off and room service was removed from the Key after the Dec sailings.

Maybe that’s the plan…but I’m still happy with the price. Plus, I know things are in flux and changes are going to happen as time goes on. We’ve seen expiration dates be extended on lots of things, or adjustments made…so, I’ll see. I think the room service and dining perks should be extended if they are going to continue with the 6:45 MyTime dining. Either way…I locked it in at a good price!