Coco Cay (Not-so) “Secret” Sandwich Pics

PG Cruiser

On 11/27/2021 at 7:21 PM, VickR said:

Does anyone know if we can have that at Coco Beach Club? We are not in the cabanas, but we would like to try that at some point as a snack… does anyone know if we have to get out of the beach club and grab it or they can bring it to us?

I would fill up on lobster & steak if I were you. That sandwich looks horrific and nobody even took into consideration the fact that the mozzarella sticks somehow find a way to come out of the fryer cold at Coco Cay. I can’t imagine anyone smiles after taking a bite of that sandwich. 

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 9:13 AM, Pooch said:

😁probably not.  I had the chicken sandwich when we were there last year and was not impressed.  Don’t think beer would help.🤷‍♀️

I’ve had 2 different chicken sandwiches, separate cruises, that were bad.  Each were “thinner” and overcooked.  The first I had made it back up my lounger and when I took a bite I discovered the (insert verb) of it.

I’ve taken to opening the sand which and checking it.  The overcooked thin sandwich happened again but I was still standing there when I discovered and nicely pointed out the problem and it was immediately remedied.  Maybe give it a second try?

It's been several months since I discovered that the pork carnitas tacos served in the taco bar at Coco Cay are (were?) the same ones being  served at El Loco Fresh on the Freedom. It was an unexpected bonus to see a crewmember behind said taco bar, digilently hand-rolling and cooking fresh, warm flour tortillas (I don't recall those at El Loco Fresh.) 

So, I have to give those tacos a boost over the yummy chicken sandwich (with lettuce, tomato, and basil mayonnaise) served at the Snack Shack. I don't have the urge to add mozarella cheese sticks, however, but to each his own.

On 11/27/2021 at 7:21 PM, VickR said:

Does anyone know if we can have that at Coco Beach Club? We are not in the cabanas, but we would like to try that at some point as a snack… does anyone know if we have to get out of the beach club and grab it or they can bring it to us?

They will bring you anything you want when you dine at the Beach Club. Our group ordered the Mozz sticks, because why not!