CVS COVID testing: Is the Rapid Antigen Test acceptable for vaccinated passengers?

Jakejosa

Hi All! We are fully vaccinated and cruising on Dec 5 out of Orlando and finalizing our pre-cruise testing. We have order the Abbott Home tests, but also want to schedule with CVS as a backup plan. CVS offers two options PCR and Rapid Antigen. It appears from the RC site that both are acceptable. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the Rapid Test being accepted by RC? I want to make sure that I am doing it correctly! Thanks in advance for your help!

"Required Testing for All Guests Sailing From U.S. Homeports

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing 

Before boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense.

• Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. NOTE: Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated kids age must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. Kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.
  • Learn more about how to calculate which days you can take your test.
  • Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test. "

• This is the option I chose that indicates antigen

Test type:

Rapid-result test (antigen)

warning-circle--s.png

If testing for travel, be sure that your selected test type is accepted at your destination.

• These were the two options that I was given initially by CVS
Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)Results in 1-2 daysLink, go to disclaimer for details.1 The most accurate test. Drive-thru test. Accepted for most travel.
Rapid-result testResults within hours. Vehicle not required. Some types accepted for travel.

11 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

The rapid antigen test is the one expected.  The only issue could be if the ports need a PCR test or a more recent test.  But the rapid antigen is fine for the ship.  

The only problem I see with the PCR test is that it takes days and for me, too much of a risk in not getting through in time.