Best Specialty Dining

41m33

• 2 weeks later...

The other consideration would be if there's an "experience" that could be part of the treat. For example, not just going to Izumi's, but taking a "How to Make Sushi" class at Izumi's (and then you get to eat what you make). Depending on the cruise there might be other experiences such as Indian Food Cooking class, Mystery Dinner, Wine Pairing Dinner, etc.

donolog, on 05 Nov 2016 - 1:55 PM, said:snapback.png

Depending on the cruise there might be other experiences such as Indian Food Cooking class

I've never seen that, but would love if they ever offered it!

So this was offered on the Navigator cruise I just did out of Southampton to Spain and France. I didn't personally do it, but a couple at my MDR table did. They liked the class, but found the food a little too spicy for their taste (but I suspect their spice tolerance is relatively low). This offering might have been limited to that cruise as it catered to a UK market -- curious to know if it's available now that Navigator's returning to the Caribbean (or if it's available on other ships) ... anyone booked on Nav see it?

donolog, on 05 Nov 2016 - 1:55 PM, said:snapback.png

So this was offered on the Navigator cruise I just did out of Southampton to Spain and France. I didn't personally do it, but a couple at my MDR table did. They liked the class, but found the food a little too spicy for their taste (but I suspect their spice tolerance is relatively low). This offering might have been limited to that cruise as it catered to a UK market -- curious to know if it's available now that Navigator's returning to the Caribbean (or if it's available on other ships) ... anyone booked on Nav see it?

It being offered on English sailings makes sense; after all, Indian is to the English is as Mexican is to Americans.

It being offered on English sailings makes sense; after all, Indian is to the English is as Mexican is to Americans.

Yes. In fact, I think they might have held it in Sabor. Windjammer and MDR also seemed to have a few more Indian style options than I've seen in Caribbean.

i have been to Wonderland, Chops Grille, Sabor and Giovannis Table.

I loved wonderland on Harmony of the Seas so would defiantly try that!

not so impressed with Giovannis, maybe I just chose wrong or I was expecting something more rich from the menu.

please note that I have only been to each restaurant once.