People next door banging their doors

PG Cruiser

Is there an amicable solution to this?

The culprits are the children.  It seems like they have adjoining rooms and the children are going from one room to the other (repeatedly) and the door just keeps on banging.

I'm hesitant to say something about it because I don't want to cause any friction between us.  They'll be my neighbors until Sunday after all.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It’s a judgement call.  If it continues and you reach your limit I’d suggest talking to the deck supervisor.  Ask your cabin attendant to get him or her.  Escalates from there if it doesn't improve   

But now you know why some avoid holiday cruises or spring break cruises 😎

It has quieted down now.  I'm thinking they're at Coco Cay.   I'm worried about the three sea days we have on this cruise.

(Maybe I should not have brought work with me, then I wouldn't mind being distracted the whole day ha ha.  I should not have chosen this holiday cruise to write a book of sorts, a devotional, for my church.  Funny, the theme for it is "OVERCOME")

4 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

It has quieted down now.  I'm thinking they're at Coco Cay.   I'm worried about the three sea days we have on this cruise.

(Maybe I should not have brought work with me, then I wouldn't mind being distracted the whole day ha ha.  I should not have chosen this holiday cruise to write a book of sorts, a devotional, for my church.  Funny, the theme for it is "OVERCOME")

Is there any way the supervisor can have maintenance adjust their door closer? I know it’s a safety issue that the door must close when released, but I’m guessing they have had lots of experience dealing with this type of thing in the past (banging doors is one of my pet peeves, although I’ve never had it so bad that I had to ask for help….so far). Good luck PG!

I have some "spirited" kids next to me but I only occasionally here some children at play.  The sounds of children playing and having a good is music to the ears albeit not a tune I care for perpetually repeating.  Being a sound sleeper it doesn't bother me.  

When working from a cruise ship you do have to bear in mind that everyone else is on vacation.  This is their fun time away from work or school.

Hopefully as the cruise progresses the newness of being on a cruise will settle into a routine for your neighbors.  Hopefully that routine doesn't include slamming the doors.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I still struggle with nuances of the english language.  

Try going to a restaurant in Boston.  They'll ask you if want wada.

Not sure it’s in Webster’s, but being from Massachusetts and with the amount of time I spend in Boston, I believe the correct spelling is “wattah”