🎄 🎄Festivus Star Class Miracle - Oasis December 19-26th

Jax

Random thoughts on room so far: I tried laying down for the first time and you can definitely hear music from deck 16 and possibly 15. (Pool area) Nothing a set of ear plugs couldn’t solve but certainly more noise than other suites we have stayed in. The lack of privacy in the bathroom is not a deal breaker as we were aware of the bathroom set up going into it and the privacy shades on the bedroom exterior windows address that issue. The storage in the master bathroom is impressive. There have been a few issues when we are all trying to get together for dinner with the master bath shower and makeover area setup but we found solutions.  Not fond of the frosted bedroom and master bath doors but none of this would prevent me from booking this room again. The one level set up is preferred over the lofts and the room is beautiful.  

Adult Comedy Club - Paul Agata ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reservations were required so Shane took care of this for us. At the last moment Shane expressed some worry over Reyd being admitted. We did not want to put Shane in an awkward position so Reyd and I stayed back while Lindsay, Robert & Tammy went.  
Lindsay said he was by far the funniest comedian he has seen in a long time. He hasn’t laughed that hard in a long time.  
There is a family version tomorrow night so Shane is adjusting our schedule to include this.  **No masks required provided you had a beverage. 

9 hours ago, Jax said:

Adult Comedy Club - Paul Agata ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reservations were required so Shane took care of this for us. At the last moment Shane expressed some worry over Reyd being admitted. We did not want to put Shane in an awkward position so Reyd and I stayed back while Lindsay, Robert & Tammy went.  
Lindsay said he was by far the funniest comedian he has seen in a long time. He hasn’t laughed that hard in a long time.  
There is a family version tomorrow night so Shane is adjusting our schedule to include this.  **No masks required provided you had a beverage. 

Seconded, we saw him at the 10:30 showing and I was in tears from laughing so hard.  He didn't pull any punches which was refreshing!

😂😂😂

Maho Beach Plane Spotting ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

We booked this excursions through the cruise planner. Shane met us in our suite and accompanied us to the meeting spot. It is about a 35 minute drive but that is dependent on traffic.  Our return trip was closer to an hour.  The amenities are very basic but we didn’t book the excursion for cabanas, attendants or any type of upscale experience. The objective was to experience lots of planes and boy did we ever! I stopped counting at 20 arrivals.  Flights ranged from smaller private jets to larger flights from Delta, United and a 787 from Air France. 
When we arrived we booked 3 loungers with umbrellas for a coat of $10 per person. It was a good decision as it provided much needed shade. This was a great excursion but once is enough; we would try something new next time.  
You are instructed to wear masks as you board the bus but there is no enforcement. Several removed or lowered their masks. We had to put our stateroom # on a seating chart provided at the beginning.  Likely for close contact purposes. They organize transportation for vaccinated and unvaccinated. We were on a vaccinated bus. On our return trip the guest sitting behind Reyd and I was sick to her stomach. I moved seats and hope it was just a case of too much sun or motion sickness. 
If there is a trick to uploading videos let me know; so far I have not had any luck. I have a couple good ones.  

Edited to add You Tube videos  

https://youtu.be/ewiSWOsB7ug

https://youtu.be/a9DyvsW9_QE

https://youtu.be/YNYvNtbZm4Q

EEEE23BB-1530-4669-BA14-52F845E3EE22.jpeg

8F1ADB66-353C-4C9C-A79E-82E9AAAB746E.jpeg

2DB99B25-09C5-4DFA-A260-30213A09FB70.jpeg

F2C3D4C8-BED6-465F-8548-0C04095C63FF.jpeg

98E1A6AD-25D0-4DD8-BEC7-DFE94AC6C944.jpeg

64C58B4B-5BC1-4A3F-A317-B608D73CD788.jpeg

4C1F0744-8A36-4A15-8C87-857D8A9B78B9.jpeg

53B1A282-3507-4535-A7C7-0564E12C9C60.jpeg

1797B181-60B4-4414-9144-1F04CDCCF106.jpeg

This is kind of a funny story that mothers  may relate to. Reyd and Lindsay were on the beach watching to video the planes. I was at the loungers watching our stuff.  I swear it was mothers intuition but I look up as a large plane takes off and see this young person holding onto their hat and glasses running to stay upright as the jet blast pushed him into right the ocean. It took me a few seconds to realize it was my Reyd! 
He says the sand burn and heat blast is real. His legs are well exfoliated and burnt. Lindsay  got caught up in it to a lesser extent but he went into protection mode and thankfully kept my iPhone 13 safe. At least they got their moneys worth. These will  make for great stories when we return home.  😂

Chops ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Our selections looked much like they did the first time so I won’t repost a bunch of pictures. Always a great choice and one of our favorite specialty dining venues.  We are eating their Christmas Day and weather permitting Shane is going to seat us outside. Honestly everything we have consumed throughout our cruise has been excellent.  

Family Comedy - Paul Agato ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

You guys are probably wondering why I am giving everything 5 ⭐️ Ratings but honestly everything has been outstanding.  There really has not been a dining or entertainment experience (other than Cats) that hasn’t been   worthy of this rating.
This show didn’t disappoint. Holy smokes he was funny. It felt good to laugh for 45 minutes without a mask on and see other people do the same. 
**Once again masking on deck 4 in Royal Theatre is optional regardless of whether consuming a beverage.  Masking is mandatory on deck 5 (unvaccinated) and parties are asked to socially distance.  

25BEFC3A-BAF1-4211-BE77-1D1E18D33FE1.jpeg

Aqua Showtime (Encore) 

Postponed due to technical difficulties which Shane said was due to movement of the ship and water. It’s been rescheduled to Saturday night. Hoping the scheduling will work as their is OTS Christmas Showtime that night as well. It’s instances like this where having a genie is do helpful. I just know Shane will make things work.  

Rising Tide Bar 

With the cancelled Aqua Showtime we decided to experience the Rising Tide Bar for the first time.  It goes from deck 5-8 with stops on deck 5&8. I wasn’t sure if Reyd could join but Shane contacted his beverage manager and made it happen. Shane met us there; he is so good at always popping up. 

200A1748-2A30-48A4-9A87-662BF1EF30CE.jpeg

C08691B3-884D-4684-92B8-85A4F8041472.jpeg

Happy Christmas Eve Day everyone. 🎄🎅 It’s Day 6 already and it’s a sea day for us.  I think Bingo may finally be offered today. Shane mentioned that it was only being offered on the final 2 sea days.  We hope to do mini golf and maybe the flow rider. We are scheduled to eat at 150 Central Park for the first time and are really looking forward to Frozen on Ice. I am off to the relaxation room shortly and will report back. 

Photo package 

I learned once onboard that they have changed the photo package slightly. On formal nights they use to offer white backgrounds but now you have to purchase a private photo session in studio to get the white background.  I purchased the 100 digital prints on the cruise planner but likely would have opted for a private photo session because our favourite background is the white one. I am going to go to Focus today to start selecting my 100 pictures as this process must be done while onboard.   

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am so happy that you decided to try it!  Make sure you get the starter garlic bread!  It's so good!  And you already know the rest of my favourites 😉

Thank you for all the tips. I am actually really looking forward to this one. I will encourage Lindsay to try the cucumber martini and report back. Haha 

5 minutes ago, Jax said:

Thank you for all the tips. I am actually really looking forward to this one. I will encourage Lindsay to try the cucumber martini and report back. Haha 

Sad news about the Cucumber martini (aka the new Urban Garden martini), it's not as good now in it's new form.  However, I got the actual Cucumber martini from the Champagne bar and it's still the same.  But Oasis lost the Champagne Bar when it got amped.  Try it anyway and let me know what you think.

BINGO 

Today was the first day Bingo was offered and the line ups were huge.  Shane took care of getting us cards and dobbers and we were able to bypass that huge line and head right to the first row of the theatre. Our friend Robert was in that huge line but Shane quickly pulled him out of it. Shane truly is one of a kind. Once Bingo began it only took 30 minutes to get through the 3 games.  
We had lunch plans at Hibachi for noon but given the long ticket sales line Bingo was delayed until noon.  Shane worked behind the scenes to reschedule us for 12:30 and spoke to the Bingo host about speeding the games along.  #teamShane #genielife

**Bingo was an unvaccinated activity held in the Royal Theatre so the Bingo host gently reminded everyone to wear their masks.  

C272BD01-2870-4C8A-B9B7-F1ED8BCBCC5D.jpeg

17CC622E-51A3-47AD-B627-8DF533C761E4.jpeg

4A8D6ECE-5851-4D8A-9B56-C6B0D349406C.jpeg

F45620F1-5D24-4259-8906-5BA72CDC6167.jpeg

78F35C48-CEC6-46EA-B13D-480229DAC007.jpeg

Shipboard PCR tests 

I can’t believe it’s time to do our onboard PCR tests tomorrow. 😫 Shane scheduled them for tomorrow morning at 8am deck 3 forward in conference center. He included our friends at the same time.  He will accompany us to the testing center.  They schedule guests requiring PCR tests first thing in the morning to ensure results are back.  

Returning to Canada early 

Just prior to our flight to MCO, Canada issued a travel advisory on all non essential travel. We suspect further border restrictions and quarantine measures will be announced just after Christmas so we moved up our flight hoping to avoid them, returning home on Dec 27th instead of the 30th.  It was a hard decision but ultimately it came down to Lindsay’s return date for work. He is in the film and television industry so working from home is not an option. He has to be available for work when the production resumes. There were some upsides; we can now use the shipboard PCR test results.  We will have to catch the Margaritaville resort next time.  We will enjoy our remaining days because when we arrive back in YYC it’s expected to be -32.  

1 hour ago, calvink669 said:

Just an FYI, our genie Leticia is in quarantine due to have a close contact.  She is negative but has to quarantine for 10 days.  We now have  Rahul for the last 2 days.

Why quarantine?  If she’s fully vaccinated, she can monitor her symptoms with a negative test. 

Today has been a very busy day. Let me catch you up. 
Lunch: Hibachi - Even though we were there already today felt like a new experience. We did another hybrid order with a bit of Izumi and a bit of Hibachi.  Everything was great! 

Dinner was at 150 Central Park. Shane always selects us a great table. I can’t say enough about how much we love him. Tonight we had the Holiday menu but were able to order the Lobster Thermidor that I have heard so much about. Our group sampled many of the appetizers; Caesar salad, short ribs, scallops and also tried the beef tenderloin and halibut.  @Lovetocruise2002Lindsay said the urban martini would have been good if not for the cucumbers. lol And the garlic bread was so yummy! Good call.  

1ABAEA14-A29C-4A43-A319-E913A28C9421.jpeg

B89EBE1E-63BC-4646-918B-C11769236B08.jpeg

9D5AC184-1AB1-40FC-BBAC-63DE87259046.jpeg

8C404BC8-7EB4-4D70-B44F-38A6C962AEEA.jpeg

7E87247A-7160-4D8E-B344-CA3E2A163E5B.jpeg

31CF8A35-C498-40B0-B890-6BE30F932EA2.jpeg

3D4C395E-7421-4252-A7E5-3D6ABE201753.jpeg

4A8F34F7-E965-4572-9A88-B21F22D9A4F0.jpeg

Frozen in Time ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We all enjoyed this show. For some reason we thought it was based on the Disney movie Frozen. I have no idea why because why would Royal create a show about a Disney movie. 🤦‍♀️ Regardless it was excellent. So much talent and we learned from the cruise director Mike that Laura the skate captain is from Canada along with another of the skaters. 🙌🏻🙌🏻 The seats Shane reserves for us are the best!! We are so spoiled.  

BEAB5633-07D3-42D6-8135-847FD4DD2DAC.jpeg

E2032C2C-D2EF-4544-A5B2-4C085F3B7E18.jpeg

3845E4B0-2528-4BE8-975C-EE63A288779E.jpeg

8F40BF5A-4CEA-4F9C-98AA-A3B205664CB2.jpeg

E1F246FB-01C4-4417-A5C2-CB05142412EF.jpeg

E47AE1EB-DFCA-414C-B948-CC1B6185619E.jpeg

689009F2-BE19-4D86-8D23-0CD7AFC4B5D9.jpeg

82C9A775-5B0D-4640-8A20-353E468E710D.jpeg

F5A07655-7B12-4AB9-8FD0-8C2C71B55269.jpeg

Merry Christmas from somewhere in the Caribbean.🎄🎅 A beautiful start to Christmas Day; sunny  and 28. 

The day began with our PCR tests at 8am. Results have been trickling in with Lindsay’s back within 30 minutes. Lindsay and I are negative. 🙌🏻🙌🏻 The process went smoothly with one exception; my result initially reported as TNP (test not processed) but a quick message to Shane and he was on it with his team. Within the hour I had my results. Waiting on Reyd’s results. 
Had a light breakfast of fruit at CK as we are pacing ourselves for lunch at Playmakers and dinner at Chops. 

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. 

2FAD5419-1CF4-44C9-99F0-C8FE2E836BC2.jpeg

3A26958A-9C0A-4BAD-AA10-336A85C3BEBF.jpeg

70B9D2E1-E196-426E-B471-4C299D432965.jpeg

Photo package 

In the past we always purchased the unlimited photo package but that is discontinued and it is now 100 digital prints. So we went to the photo area to finalize our prints.  Within 4 days I will receive the link via email and while onboard I have an access code I can use.  Going to try it shortly.  They told me photo books have also been discontinued. 😢 That is too bad as we always purchased one. 

Is your Stateroom attendent's official name Camilla?  We have had her a number of times before star and she is great.  We are heading there at the end of Jan, but staying in a Aquatheater, but I will for sure go by and see her on 17 and bring her some surprises.