🎄 🎄Festivus Star Class Miracle - Oasis December 19-26th

Jax

18 minutes ago, calvink669 said:

oh it applies alright, just got the e-mail....here is further details.

Oh no! My solution to this new protocol will be to “actively eat and drink” at all venues. The star class food coma will be in full force this week. We are all going to have to pace ourselves.  Lol 

8 minutes ago, Jax said:

Oh no! My solution to this new protocol will be to “actively eat and drink” at all venues. The star class food coma will be in full force this week. We are all going to have to pace ourselves.  Lol 

Oh, I will walk around with a drink so as soon as I get where I'm going...no mask as I'll already be drinking. 🙂

All checked in at the Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Because of the flight delay, we arrived just as the fireworks and water show were ending.  This is the view from our balcony.  No pictures of the newly renovated rooms because we cluttered it up but they are nice. Will check in tomorrow as we head to Miami.  

56E1D40B-C9D5-4C32-AFD9-55C0E721FAA8.jpeg

Good morning from sunny (and humid lol) Disney along with a view from our balcony this morning. So beautiful. We ended up not missing the fireworks after all. 🙌 After our long day yesterday I initially missed the welcome gift from the resort…so nice of Disney.  We will enjoy the treats on our way to Miami.  Check in with you later.  
Looking for a Target. 

8A47AB63-B152-477A-A955-A07DD54054E7.jpeg

377046AA-5A73-417A-96C1-3651A569793A.jpeg

EED7E248-4860-4DF8-9684-A02FDAEE1902.jpeg

Intercontinental Miami
We made it to Miami!! There were a few moments this week when I let doubts creep in but it feels so good to be back in Florida and to visit Miami for the first time. 

Our room type wasn’t available so they upgraded us to a 2 room suite. Sorry but we cluttered up the room again before I took pictures but you can’t beat this view. 
Club lounge seems nice. Tonight was very busy; with very little service so hard to judge. Will see what breakfast is like in the morning.  

089A1847-B8E1-4E09-9E5C-7163E31FCF90.jpeg

Pre Cruise Checklist ✅ Bag tags attached, negative tests, proof of vax, health questionnaire completed, watched safety video. 

We plan to arrive at the terminal around 10:45am.  For those following along, Lindsay still does not know about our star class upgrade. The cat will be out of the bag when we pull up to the purple banner. More on his reaction tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, DunwoodyDad said:

I think it goes without saying, but many of us will be interested in what the new mask rules exactly mean particularly when sitting in a restaurant or bar. We will be in Miami one week from tomorrow to board Freedom!  Have fun!

As long as your sitting with drink in hand, they don’t care so far….

2 hours ago, MLH said:

We sail Jan 2 and actually use the fitness center.  Could you ask your genie if masks are required while actively exercising.  If so then I will ask Joyce to grab a yoga mat and some weights and do my video routines on my balcony.  So not all bad!

Yes I will report back! 

1 hour ago, DunwoodyDad said:

I think it goes without saying, but many of us will be interested in what the new mask rules exactly mean particularly when sitting in a restaurant or bar. We will be in Miami one week from tomorrow to board Freedom!  Have fun!

After speaking with Shane our understanding is no masks while seated dining.  And during entertainment no masks if eating and drinking. I will report back on this once I have more intel. But no masks were worn throughout our lunch at Portside BBQ. 

Let me try to catch you guys up. 

Took a taxi to Terminal. Took less than 5 minutes and arrived around 10:30. Hardly any traffic.  Pulled up to the purple banner.  Even when I said purple banner, Lindsay was clueless so the anticipation continued.  Once we arrived at the purple star class banner, we were greeted by the porter and our bags were left with them. We were asked to see our proof of negative test and then taken into the terminal.  Once there we showed our negative Covid tests again and went through to the suites lounge area.  Once in the suites area we showed our passports and proof of negative Covid tests (for a 3rd time). Within a few minutes Shane was there to meet us.  Shane accompanied us and another family onboard and up to deck 17. I already love Deck 17 and have officially joined the #teamdeck17 club. 

6 minutes ago, Jax said:

Sorry to keep you hanging….Lindsay loved the surprise upgrade! Shane is so great…More on that later.  But we hit the genie jackpot.  

Do you know how long Shane will be on board? ie We are star class in February will he be there on on vacation then?

Lunch at Portside BBQ 

Omg, this was some of the best brisket we have ever had.  We are from Alberta, known for its high quality beef and this was outstanding.  
We made our way to Portside BBQ with our friends Robert & Tammy and Shane magically appeared just as we were approaching it. Our table was ready for us with bottles of water and it was a great meal! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ 

ED179B11-58F0-4DA9-ACC8-1CCCC579F736.jpeg

CD908B53-98A0-4153-A1C0-59CDC3A1DFB3.jpeg

5 minutes ago, GregD said:

Do you know how long Shane will be on board? ie We are star class in February will he be there on on vacation then?

His departure date isn’t final. He said it could be late January or sometime in February. He is very flexible so you may get lucky.  

Dinner tonight at CK - Filet night 

Shane advised us that our friends Robert & Tammy will be able to join us at Ck tonight. This was a surprise and certainly nothing we expected.  #teamShane

@Lovetocruise2002I can’t wait to experience this and report back. 

3 hours ago, Jax said:

Dinner tonight at CK - Filet night 

Shane advised us that our friends Robert & Tammy will be able to join us at Ck tonight. This was a surprise and certainly nothing we expected.  #teamShane

@Lovetocruise2002I can’t wait to experience this and report back. 

We are 20ft to your left…😎 I think…😂