🎄 🎄Festivus Star Class Miracle - Oasis December 19-26th

Jax

On 11/29/2021 at 4:22 PM, Jax said:

This is going to be so much fun! Hope to see you in CK on night 1. 

Yay! We had family do this excursion and a huge plane took off. They were finding sand in hard to reach places days later. It was a full body exfoliation. Lol We laugh so hard watching the You Tube videos. I really hope there is a plane during our time there.  It will be a highlight for our son. 

BTW our CK reservation is 6:30 just after sail away.......

15 minutes ago, calvink669 said:

I haven’t seen our schedule yet but our preferred dining time was 6pm +/- tweaking as needed.  Now I am wondering if Shane will make adjustments to our dining time due to the later sail away.  

On 12/11/2021 at 8:48 AM, Jax said:

Now I am wondering if Shane will make adjustments to our dining time due to the later sail away.  

My family had Shane last week. He will attempt to make any changes you request, often successfully. Genie makes for an awesome stress free week. Enjoy!

On 12/11/2021 at 10:33 AM, calvink669 said:

Ours, too, for the same reason. 

12 hours ago, Jax said:

Anyone else’s pet do this? 😻

Yes! We use the guest bed to stage everything. I was working on packing yesterday and left the door open. Went in after dinner to put the carryon in there and both boys (one black & one tuxedo) were on the bed. That door is normally closed to them, so anytime it is open they want in there. 

Genie News 🧞‍♂️ 

Capacity- they are expecting 4500 guests out of a capacity of 6500 or 69% with many larger family groups due to the holidays.  @Lovetocruise2002 @calvink669

PCR Testing for International Guests: will happen between 7-9am on Day 7 and is complimentary.  

Entertainment/Dining schedule: preliminary listing coming soon once the schedule is released. 

In room movie listing: (onboard team to provide updated Christmas movie schedule once released) 

Jungle Cruise 

Suicide Squad 2021 

Old 

Space Jam the new legacy 

Paw Patrol 

Still Water 

Escape Room

Road Runner – Anthony Bordon 

Rya and the lost dragon 

Tom & Jerry 2021

The secret life of pets 2 

Frozen 2 

Wonder woman 1984

Respect 

The green night 

Candy land 

Dating and New York 

Beings 

Fallen for Fargo 

Jesus Music 

Spirit

21 hours ago, Jax said:

Genie news 🧞‍♂️ 

Christmas trees in suite: no Christmas trees are in star class suites on Oasis this year. But there will be in room decorations. Thank goodness for the Festivus Pole. haha 

Messenger: I am now communicating with Shane via Messenger! Yay 

t-3 days and counting.....a little sad about the no Christmas tree in suite, but we'll live. 🙂

💥 First Negative Test 

Just got 3 negative rapid antigen tests!!! 💃💃 OMG what a relief especially when we have a 16 year old that is hard to keep in a travel bubble  lol 

Final rapid antigen test tomorrow morning at 7am before we fly out (required for cruise). 🤞🤞

On our way to the Marriott In terminal airport hotel. Driving in a snow storm. 😩 

Marriott M Lounge YYC Airport

Covid protocols have really scaled back the offerings. You now receive a $40 voucher to the restaurant for breakfast and very limited evening appetizers. Still a relaxing space though so we decided to order off the menu and enjoy the space. 
Currently -21 with a blowing snow advisory. 🌧🌬❄️🥶

68E9983C-8C11-4473-9941-CD8D130EE577.jpeg

60E06237-C929-48AD-9B56-5260591CD9DD.jpeg

14 hours ago, Jax said:

Currently -21 with a blowing snow advisory. 🌧🌬❄️🥶

Ummm, no, thanks! There is a reason I live in Houston. I'm giving my last final exams this morning. Bugging out around noon. We will test when I get home. Fingers crossed for negative tests considering I spent most of my time in a high school. We fly out in the morning as well. 

2 hours ago, kadmgs said:

Ummm, no, thanks! There is a reason I live in Houston. I'm giving my last final exams this morning. Bugging out around noon. We will test when I get home. Fingers crossed for negative tests considering I spent most of my time in a high school. We fly out in the morning as well. 

You guys don’t happen to be on UA 581 do you?  That would just be too weird with the fact that my wife is Kelli and she also teaches HS seniors lol.

Update on Tap Labs

I don’t know how widespread TapLabs is throughout Canada but the process went so smooth. I received a pre authorization on my visa 2 days out, appointment reminder 1 day out, confirmation email this morning that technician was on route, a call from technician half hour out and a call from technician upon arrival at hotel.  We completed the test in the lobby of the Marriott. From start to finish the process took 15 minutes for 3 of us. Results are sent via a text link to each of our phones.  The technician strongly encouraged us to use the hotel business computer to print results as sometimes paper copies are requested. Oddly enough we were never asked for test results by security, Customs or WestJet. Maybe it’s random 🤷‍♀️

Cheers 🍻 

🛫🛫🛫 After a little more than a 2 hour delay we are up and on our way! 

WestJet Premium observations: Buy on board items that are complimentary for premium guests have been scaled back (Covid) to 3 items; Kit Kat, Pringle’s and Hummus & crackers.  We had a choice of roast beef or orecchiette pasta. WestJet hospitality is still awesome. We have a great flight attendant taking care of us. Even with some of the scaled back services, we are feeling grateful to be back in the skies. 😍 Love seeing a packed plane full of excited Canadians heading to Florida, some of which are cruising. ❤️

Genie news 🧞‍♂️ 

Onboard entertainment schedule has been finalized. We are looking forward to quite a few of the performances. We are most excited about Aqua 80; does anyone know what Aqua Showtime Encore is all about? I know entertainment is subjective but I would love to hear any recommendations.  

Show at a glace Voyage 631.pdf