🎄 🎄Festivus Star Class Miracle - Oasis December 19-26th

Jax

14 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I am so glad you changed your mind! 150CP was my favorite meal on board Oasis. Seconding the martini, cheesecake and braised short rib! The lamb Wellington was also delicious. 

I am so glad you hear your review and that you loved it!  Just another thing I love about this community 🥰

Star Class Inclusions 

Sugar Beach, Starbucks and Playmakers are new venues for us this time so I wasn’t sure what items were included.  

Sugar Beach – Ice creams are included in your package, however all other items, candy etc are of a chargeable nature.

Starbucks hand craft coffee and drink specials are included, however all snacks are of a extra charge

Playmakers Sundae is included in your package

It looks like you may have some wisdom I would love to hear.   I have a 2 bedroom aqua theater booked on the Symphony for me, spouse and our two high school kids.  I got a nearby balcony cabin for son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter (1.5).  I got the dining and beverage packages for the balcony cabin.  Should I switch granddaughter to genie cabin for help with nursery reservations?  Any suggestions for how I make sure we can all dine and go to shows together?  I would love any suggestions for how to combine one family split between Star class and regular.  I generally spend a lot of time with granddaughter, so she will be in our cabin quite a bit regardless.

9 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

It looks like you may have some wisdom I would love to hear.   I have a 2 bedroom aqua theater booked on the Symphony for me, spouse and our two high school kids.  I got a nearby balcony cabin for son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter (1.5).  I got the dining and beverage packages for the balcony cabin.  Should I switch granddaughter to genie cabin for help with nursery reservations?  Any suggestions for how I make sure we can all dine and go to shows together?  I would love any suggestions for how to combine one family split between Star class and regular.  I generally spend a lot of time with granddaughter, so she will be in our cabin quite a bit regardless.

You are going to love the 2 BR ATS.  It is perfect for an extended family.

The official answer to whether your non-Star family is included in the SC perks, is no.  The unofficial answer is, the Genie will do whatever they can to include everyone.  Anything that takes place inside your SC suite is covered....so you can have everyone over to eat, drink, party, snack, watch shows, [complimentary] movies and all food and drinks will be covered.  The only place you could possibly have issues would be with reserved seating at the theaters.  My experience (and I believe MOST EVERYONE's experience) is that the Genie will include the non-SC family members.  The only time it seems to be a problem is if there are a significant number of "additional" family members...but with 3, I don't think you will have a problem.  When it comes to things like priority lines for flow rider, etc I would definitely NOT count on the non-SC pax to be included for that.  

You have made things considerably easier for everyone by purchasing the UDP and DBP for the non-SC pax.  That will simplify the "Bill" issue at the end of meals, etc.  It's as close to "all inclusive" as you can get without being SC.

I don't know if I really have a recommendation for you regarding moving your GD into your suite.  It seems like it might be a reasonable idea.  I don't think it would change your cruise fare by much.  Others who have used AO will probably have better intel than I.

Enjoy your SC experience !!

@Babsy47I can’t add much to the advice from @WAAAYTOOO. When our friends decided to join us last minute I was concerned about the star class non star class perks and how we could make it work.  Before they booked I explained to them the star class perks that Lindsay, Reyd and I would receive and that I was reasonably confident their dining reservations could be booked by our genie since they had the UDP and refreshment package. I addressed the elephant in the room right away by letting Shane know that I understood that star class perks didn’t extend to our friends because I think if you don’t it can be awkward going forward in pre cruise planning. In our case he said he would include them in our entertainment; I didn’t ask.  I will report along the way on how this works. I know our situation is different than yours as yours is family vs our friends but our experiences may help.  

10 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

To add on to @WAAAYTOOO wonderful insight, there's some things you (or your TA) should calculate and consider before deciding to move your GD to the ATS stateroom reservation.  I'll do my best to include them all succinctly.  All the assumptions made here are made based on this sailing occurring after January 2nd, 2022 due to the recent final payment deadline modification by Royal.

Option #1: Move GD from balcony to ATS booking

1. Since you originally booked more than two people in the ATS, the price that your GD would pay would be the same as what you paid for your high schoolers (3rd/4th passengers) in your original booking.  Adding people in this scenario does not trigger a reprice.
  2. Removing your GD from the balcony with your son and daughter-in-law would most likely trigger a reprice and could require a room change, potentially to a different deck.  I'm not certain on this room change requirement, so you should call and ask.
  3. Assuming you didn't purchase a beverage or dining package for your GD, you wouldn't be saving any cost there by moving her to the ATS booking.

In this scenario, you may end up saving money while being able to have your GD on the ATS booking, but I doubt it.  Also, @WAAAYTOOO's insight on the star class perks for travel companions still applies.

Option #2: Move GD AND daughter-in-law to ATS booking

1. Since you originally booked more than two people in the ATS, the price that your GD AND daughter-in-law would pay would be the same as you paid for your high schoolers in your original booking.  Adding people to the ATS in this scenario does not trigger a reprice.
  2. Removing your GD and daughter-in-law from the balcony would likely trigger a reprice and potentially a room location change.  This could be a price increase or decrease.  You'd have to find out.
  3. Moving your daughter-in-law to the ATS would negate the need for her to have the UDP and UBP since she'd receive star class perks.  Saving you that $.

In this scenario, you may end up ahead by not needing the dining and beverage packages for your daughter-in-law.  Also, the 3rd/4th passenger rate could be really cheap.  Our ATS booking had rates of $487 for the 3rd and 4th.

Option #3: Move everyone to the ATS!

There's plenty of room in the ATS! 😂 You'd probably end up saving the most by doing this and everyone would be guaranteed star class amenities, but it could be a little tight in the room.  Our family is planning on sleeping 8 people in the room, but we do have the deck 8 (A1 category) stateroom so there's a little more wiggle room. 

I hope this helps and I'm curious to hear more about this vacation and how it goes!  Our family is on Allure at the end of July.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:36 PM, calvink669 said:

Are you bringing a Festivus pole? LOL j/k

We will definitely follow along even though we are on board at the same time.  Kelli and I are in 1701 and we will be rearranging our night 1 dinner to try the filet at coastal kitchen. 🙂

Cheers! 20 more days to go and can't wait!

My first thought when I read your reply was, "Do I know you???" 😆

My first name is Kelli and I will be on this sailing. We are in a GS-1, so we might run into each other in CK night one. 

21 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

My first thought when I read your reply was, "Do I know you???" 😆

My first name is Kelli and I will be on this sailing. We are in a GS-1, so we might run into each other in CK night one. 

That's awesome, not every Kelli spells there name with an "I" and my wife will be thrilled to meet someone that spells it that way!

What's even funnier is we are from Houston too!  😆 See you on board!!! 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:05 PM, Jax said:

We have no plans to do Chef’s Table.

That was the same Chef's Table menu we had on Anthem a couple of weeks ago.  The chef talked about how he "created" the menu...  My hubby (a HUGE foodie and our in-house chef...thanks to FoodTV) asked a question of the chef regarding the use of balsamic vinegar in the smoked tomato soup to enhance the smokiness, and the chef stumbled over himself a bit trying to figure out how to backup "his" method.  I knew it wasn't "his" menu!  It was good food though, so I wasn't disappointed at all.  It just bugged me that he tried to pass it off as his own creation.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:02 AM, Jax said:

This worked well last time and we never found any of those laundry tags I hear about. Lol 

OMG!  I'm still finding those things!  My husband tried pulling off as many as he could while on the cruise, but eventually gave up.  I put on a pair of pants this morning that had one inside.  The sad thing is that I've worn and washed these since I've been home.  

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Bad influence. I might have to Google this product lol

Is it terrible that I thought of you. Lol

One of our commercial trucks is heading to Vancouver and will be out there for 2-3 weeks so we put an air tag on it.  I am curious what kind of tracking I will get as it makes its way though the mountains tomorrow.
Reviews on the air tags are mixed but I am willing to try anything Apple. Lol 

4 hours ago, Jax said:

I am going to try out a new purchase to track our luggage. I will report back on how they worked. Anyone else use Apple AirTags in their luggage.  
Full disclaimer, I am still evaluating their performance but there isn’t an apple product I don’t love. 😍

696F6DE6-CDF7-43AD-A9BE-37AF6B91E91E.jpeg

Yes! They're fantastic.  They do have some limitations since they rely on being able to connect to other apple device to report the location, so there can be some lag in reporting its position.  That said, it was nice being able to see it loaded onto the plane, get a rough idea of when it'd hit baggage claim, and especially somewhere like The Bahamas where luggage drop off was at the airport, track it on the way to the ship.  Ended up tossing one in every bag, well worth it imo.

I received a welcome email from the onboard concierge team. I think they may still have us on their list of sky class guests but the email contained some useful information on lounge hours and protocols. I am thankful we are star class given the limited availability at specialty restaurants and CK mentioned in their email (copied below) Especially that reservations are based on first reply first reservation  

IMPORTANT NOTE:  We encourage you to book your dining preference / requests (Specialty Dining, Coastal Kitchen, Dining Room) in advance to avoid disappointment. Our Restaurants are expected to be busy during your sailing as we have limited seats for the first seating ( 5:30 pm, 6:00 pm and 6:30 pm ) Reservations are based on first reply first reservations Please let us know if we can assist with your preferred reservation pre-cruise.  

2 hours ago, Jax said:

I received a welcome email from the onboard concierge team. I think they may still have us on their list of sky class guests but the email contained some useful information on lounge hours and protocols. I am thankful we are star class given the limited availability at specialty restaurants and CK mentioned in their email (copied below) Especially that reservations are based on first reply first reservation  

IMPORTANT NOTE:  We encourage you to book your dining preference / requests (Specialty Dining, Coastal Kitchen, Dining Room) in advance to avoid disappointment. Our Restaurants are expected to be busy during your sailing as we have limited seats for the first seating ( 5:30 pm, 6:00 pm and 6:30 pm ) Reservations are based on first reply first reservations Please let us know if we can assist with your preferred reservation pre-cruise.  

We got the same e-mail and we were NEVER skyclass on this sailing.  I was beginning to wonder if we had been down graded :).  I had to go check our room real quick...still 1701 😉

21 hours ago, calvink669 said:

We got the same e-mail and we were NEVER skyclass on this sailing.  I was beginning to wonder if we had been down graded :).  I had to go check our room real quick...still 1701 😉

Yay, glad to hear we are still neighbours!

Testing update: 

I promised I would update everyone once I had a firm plan for our Covid tests. 
We fly out on the 17th, cruise on the 19th so our preference was to get our cruise test completed while still in Canada. The challenge is that our flight is mid morning and the airport testing centre at YYC doesn’t open until 8am. So that meant sourcing a mobile testing option.  

Tab Labs provides mobile testing and a variety of services including rapid antigen and PCR testing. A technician will meet us at the in terminal Marriott hotel at YYC airport and we will be on our way with results in 15-20minutes. To schedule, you upload their app, add your family members details, select your service and provide a payment source.  Cost is $99.95 pp. To speed the process further Tab Labs sent me a spreadsheet to add all the required information, like passports, address, birthdates.  This will allow the technician to populate this to their system in advance of the testing day, saving time. A technician was assigned right away and the company has excellent reviews. When it comes to mobile services reliability is key. But every good plan needs a back up plan so we are getting tested on the 16th at a local Shoppers Drug Mart. Cost $40pp. That way should something delay our testing with Tap Labs we have a test in hand to fly. 

Another mobile testing option was Numi. The cost $125pp with a $50 discount if 4 or more tests are done. 

I will report back on the overall service next week. 

82D64F66-347B-4F32-B138-0313A0360BF7.jpeg

Due to the omicron variant there are new requirements for fully vaccinated travellers who have been in any country other than Canada and the US in the 14 days prior to entry to Canada.  If selected for arrival testing you must quarantine until you receive your negative test result.  

This applies to cruises that leave the US so if we are selected for arrival testing we will quarantine at home until we get a negative test result.  It’s an inconvenience more than anything and thankfully we have a few days before Lindsay returns to work and Reyd returns to school.  I am just relieved that we are not required to quarantine in a government facility. Can you imagine going from star class to a government quarantine facility with few if any amenities. 😳 I can’t even imagine. 

4 minutes ago, Jax said:

Due to the omicron variant there are new requirements for fully vaccinated travellers who have been in any country other than Canada and the US in the 14 days prior to entry to Canada.  If selected for arrival testing you must quarantine until you receive your negative test result.  

OMG what a bunch of nonsense.  So sorry that this kind of ignorance is manifesting itself this way.  So unnecessary 

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

OMG what a bunch of nonsense.  So sorry that this kind of ignorance is manifesting itself this way.  So unnecessary 

💯agree; policies like these certainly don’t make travel easy. There is so much I could say but will leave it at that and hope that no more obstacles are presented between now and this time next week.  

2 hours ago, Jax said:

Packing Cubes ✅

I used packing cubes for the first time on our last cruise. I got these Lug cubes from Costco and love them.  They help organize all the piles that seem to be popping up all over the house. 🤦‍♀️  Do piles happen in everyone’s house or is it just me? Lol 

2182C088-79F9-43ED-8D58-D3DEFE849C0A.jpeg

We have lug back packs that we use for our cruises and thanks to you I ordered cubes! Lug brand products hold everything and pockets galore!!!

On 12/8/2021 at 10:35 AM, Jax said:

We are Sky class & have UDP, so I responded as soon as I saw the email. Just got my response from Ricardo and Edwin with all the locations and times I requested. Still have my fingers crossed my Royal Up bid will be accepted, but I doubt it will happen. 

51 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

Still have my fingers crossed my Royal Up bid will be accepted, but I doubt it will happen

I am so glad to hear that your preferred dining times were confirmed! You never know what can happen with Royal up in the final days. There could be a Festivus Star Class Miracle for you too! 

Favourite travel items ✅

For those that followed along on my earlier Blog some of these items are included again because I love them that much.  

Saje Farmacy Pack includes a variety of must have roll ons. I always use immune under my nose while on the plane. 
New addition to this Blog is the Saje pocket diffuser. It’s so great for travel. ❤️ But probably won’t use on the plane because it would spread throughout the cabin.  That would probably be a good thing ……
My Pillow travel size - love love My Pillow; if I could pack my king size I would LOL but the travel size works great with whatever the pillow is. 
I don’t use anything but safe sunscreen from Beauty Counter and my Dr Ho just in case of back pain. 

8C82F9D9-D618-4094-A689-642734D80196.jpeg

On 11/21/2021 at 6:06 PM, Jax said:

Genie introductory email 

My name is Shane and It will be my honor & pleasure of serving you as your Royal Genie on your upcoming sailing. We can’t wait to welcome you to the Beautiful and Rejuvenated Oasis of the Seas on December 19. We hope you are ready for a wonderful and truly memorable cruise vacation. 

Kindly do take the time to go through the entire email as there is important information with regards to the new Healthy Return to Sailing protocols.

We are delighted that you will be joining us as we get back to our home at sea.  As we return to service, some benefits and services have been temporarily adjusted. To follow new health protocols and better manage the flow of guests in terminals, the check-in process will be different. All guests will be required to check-in and select an arrival time in advance via the Royal Caribbean app. However, Star Class Suite guests can enjoy Flexible Arrival — a new program allowing the freedom to check-in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check-in time, while the terminal is open. I highly recommend that you check-in online prior to your arrival at the terminal.

Before I go further, I would like to provide you with very important information for your boarding:

Oasis of the Seas will be docked at Miami Cruise Terminal A. Cruise Boulevard, Miami FL 33132. We kindly ask you to please use the Star Class entrance at Terminal A. Once you arrive at Terminal A, please look for the Purple Star Class sign. 
To prioritize your luggage handling, please do not release your luggage to the porters in the regular drop off area. Please bear in mind the information about the luggage. This will make your check in seamless, and your luggage will be delivered straight to your suite upon arrival. 

Once you find the Terminal Staff (wearing a blue polo T-shirt), they will guide you to the Suite Lounge, which is located on the 3rd Level with a priority Check. The Staff will guide you through the Security Check Point. Myself, or my fellow shipboard Genies will then meet you to escort you onboard our beautiful ship while your luggage is tagged and brought to your suite.
Boarding will start approximately at 11:30PM. Since I will be simultaneously assisting other Star Class guests, kindly advise if you have an arrival time in mind.

Your health & safety are our top priority, so as we begin to set sail, we have new health protocols that are part of our healthy return to service. Below are some key requirements to ensure you enjoy your onboard experience. Rest assured, there are no benefits being removed; they will just be delivered to you a little differently if you have sailed in a Star Class Suite before.   

Here are some of the important things you need to know before you arrive:  

• At embarkation, a mask will need to be worn from the moment you arrive to the cruise terminal through the moment you board the ship.  
  • Guests will also undergo a health screening as part of the boarding process to identify any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (or other infectious diseases) – which includes having your temperature taken via a contactless device.  
  • Masks and physical distancing are required onboard in certain areas throughout the ship.  
  • I want to ensure that you have the full gastronomic experience you desire, so I would like to confirm your preferred dining time. Should your dining time conflict with any of the awesome shows that we have in store for you (show schedules are yet to be confirmed), I will tweak your dining time as required so as to allow you to have a leisurely dinner either before or after a show. While we always endeavor to fulfill all your requests, please understand that due to reduced seating capacity in our restaurants (50% only), last-minute requests may not always be possible. If I may kindly ask whether you are travelling with any family or friends, who may be joining you for dinner, as there are certain restaurants that cater to vaccinated guests only.
  • As per CDC requirements, certain bars and venues will be for vaccinated guests only. Also shows, at our entertainment venues, will have either designated areas for vaccinated guests or designated timing. 
  • As Star Class guests, we will continue to reserve the best seats, at select entertainment venues. Due to audience pre-curtain instructions, we require you to be seated no later than 15 minutes to curtain, at which time we will need to release your reserved seats.    
  • To allow for physical distancing, capacity in our Concierge/Suite Lounge will be limited and accessible on a first-come, first-seated basis. Should you experience any challenges in gaining access, please let me know.
  • For your safety and ours, only your Loft Attendants and I will be able to access your suite after you arrive, and we are not permitted inside your suite while you are there. Should you need to speak with me, we can do so on the phone, you may message me via WhatsApp or email, or we may meet in the Suite Lounge or other physically distanced location onboard while adhering to personal protective equipment protocols. Additionally, if you need assistance receiving any items in your suite while you are not there, such as minibar items, do let me know—I am happy to assist.   
  • With regards to room service, the delivery is now done with room service personnel placing the trolley, containing the food ordered, right outside the suite door and guests are now asked to pick the food up from the trolley onto their dining table. For clearance of soiled dishes, you can either leave it in your suite and the same will be cleared by the loft attendant while you are out or you can place the soiled dishes outside the suite and call or message me, and I will have room service clear the same.
  • Your test result must be issued by an accredited test provider and show a laboratory negative result that can be printed out or shown on your phone. Test cost continues to be the guest's responsibility. Learn about accepted tests at http://royalcaribbean.com/Test.
  • Starting Wednesday, September 8th, fully vaccinated guests can order at-home test kits, shipped right to your door (anywhere in the U.S. or Puerto Rico) in 2 business days or less. Guests can complete their pre-cruise test at home, with live video supervision by a Certified Guide and receive results in just 15 minutes. Visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/is-there-a-telemedicine-option-for-pre-cruise-covid-19-test.
  • Kindly visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center.for all of our health protocols & additional details.

With the present health situation constantly evolving, should there be any further updates on CDC Health Protocols or Screening Requirements, I will inform you of the same promptly. 

Star Class Amenities
As our very special guest, you will also enjoy many other complimentary amenities, including our VOOM high-speed internet, Specialty restaurants, the Deluxe Beverage Package, access to the Suite Lounge and much more. 
<image001.gif>
<image002.png>
<image003.png>
Minibar Selection
As our esteemed Star Class guests, you get access to an exclusive minibar set-up which includes Evian & San Pellegrino water. With regards to other beverages, kindly let me know your choices from the selection listed below:
Coca-Cola Beverages: Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Ginger Ale.
Juices: Minute Maid Orange, Minute Maid Apple.
Beers: Corona, Dos Equis, Budweiser, Coor's Lite, Heineken, Michelob Ultra.

Activities:
Kindly do let me know if you wish to partake in any of the sports activities on board such as the zip-line, Ultimate Abyss, Perfect Storm slides etc.  I will have a VIP wristbands for you which will allow you Priority Access to these activities, which you can do at your own leisure. Also kindly let me know if you wish to join in the Escape Room experience, details listed below:
Escape rooms are the hottest new trend in interactive entertainment across the globe, and Royal Caribbean has partnered with Puzzle Break (the first American Escape Room company) to be the first cruise line to offer the experience. Apollo 18 - Mission Control by Puzzle Break is a game where groups of 6-12 players must work together to find hidden clues, solve puzzles, and “escape the room” within 50 minutes.
• The name of our Escape Room is Apollo 18 - Mission Control 
• Guests need reservations. 
• Players must be 12 years old and above to play due to the challenging puzzles.  
• Minimum of 6 guests, maximum of 12 guests per session
• Sessions are not private – Guests can be from different travel groups. This is a Vaccinated Guests only Area.

Pre-Cruise Communication
In the days prior to your arrival, I am usually granting wishes to your fellow Star Class guests who are already on the ship. Meanwhile, I promise to be "in my lamp" and at your service every afternoon between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm EST, responding to your questions and requests within 24 hours. Around 9:00 pm I need to recharge my cosmic Royal Genie powers — after all, even Royal Genies have to sleep.  

If you have any requests for dining, shows, tours, activities, or are celebrating any special occasions, please send them my way. To get started, I recommend you begin reserving your Shore Excursions, including cabanas at CocoCay (on first-come, first-served basis) and any Spa & Salon Services now on https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked.

From this point on, we will be taking care of any questions or requests that you may have. We look forward to seeing you onboard soon and helping to make your trip with us extra special and safe.

Looking forward to welcoming you all onboard!
Best Wishes.

This is so much mre than I received for my Harmony sailing in Jan.  We are on Oasis in Star at the end of Jan  hoping Shane is our genie with this detail.

8 hours ago, Jax said:

Interesting post on the Facebook group page for our cruise reports the suite concierge confirmed capacity at 51% so far.  I may ask Shane whether he can confirm. If true this would be nice. 

22 minutes ago, calvink669 said:

Do it...... 🙂 so I don't have to. 😉 

Yes, do it! Then I can ask for capacity confirmation for Allure too! Lol

Although I still wonder how they can confirm it at this point since you never know who will really show up these days until cruise day.