Check-in Vaccination Verification on App

Baked Alaska

I'm not sure exactly how long mine took, it may have been two days. However I've found that when using the app you need to log out and log back in to get the latest data updated. Often the Vaccination line fails to display which is an indicator that you need to log out/in.

We checked in weeks ago for Allure 12/19/21, then the validating message disappeared shortly after.  Never came back.  A week ago, I read here that signing in/out of the app would help with that so I tried it.  The validating message came back and then disappeared a few hours after that.  So now we are back to square one with nothing.  @Mattmentioned in a post a few days ago (can't remember which one) that they might not validate until closer to sail date.  Not sure if that is case.

41 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We checked in weeks ago for Allure 12/19/21, then the validating message disappeared shortly after.  Never came back.  A week ago, I read here that signing in/out of the app would help with that so I tried it.  The validating message came back and then disappeared a few hours after that.  So now we are back to square one with nothing.  @Mattmentioned in a post a few days ago (can't remember which one) that they might not validate until closer to sail date.  Not sure if that is case.

Hmmm..... I signed out and signed in and that did not change anything. Why does this have to be so nerve wracking? I feel like now to get on a ship we have to go through "try outs." Before, we could just "walk on."😆

32 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

I feel like now to get on a ship we have to go through "try outs."

I hear you!  The final cut is the pre-cruise antigen test.  That is why even now, 29 days out, I am afraid to get excited.  What if I don't make it? lol

2 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Hmmm..... I signed out and signed in and that did not change anything. Why does this have to be so nerve wracking? I feel like now to get on a ship we have to go through "try outs." Before, we could just "walk on."😆

I'm on Oasis tomorrow and mine validated about 2 weeks ago. I entered it in about 4 weeks before that.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Same thing happened to us. 2 days after uploading the vaccination receipt, it disappeared, then came back and it's still showing validating...it's been over 2 weeks.

I've heard members here complaining about RCL's IT Department. I'm pretty sure that Celebrity uses the same frame work for it's APP. I have a cruise departing Port Everglades aboard Equinox on December 10th. I uploaded photos of our CDC vaccination cards on Thursday of last week. After reading this thread and out of curiosity, I opened the Celebrity App. The message that said "validating your vaccination record" after I uploaded the photos is gone and replaced by a green "your all set."

TBF, my cruise is just over two weeks away. It may be how quickly your vax record is "validated" is based on how far off your cruise is.  

17 hours ago, IzzyB said:

If you don't get them uploaded I imagine you can show them at the port?  I am noticing my kids don't have the upload option, but they can't be fully vaxed until mid-December so maybe they will open it up then for them?

We are sailing Dec 26th.

We have to show them at the port anyway. Even if we have the green check mark. Prob not being able to upload is due to them being a minor. 🙂

My family just finished a cruise on Explorer. I took the picture of my card, but my adult children did not. The check in was not noticeably different between us. 

Therefore,  I don't think that uploading them in advance really matters. Just be sure to bring your original card in both cases.

54 minutes ago, Traveler said:

For me , with a different kind of vaccination card (a printed a4 page as I am not a US resident) it took about three weeks. I took a photo of the half page and than as the back I took a photo of the second half.

Its now verified without any issue.

Ours is a full page...perhaps that's the issue. It's still showing "validating" but we have our set pass and luggage tags available. We don't have "cards", but the page does have all the pertinent information as well as the QR code.

11 minutes ago, cruiserccl said:

Ours is a full page...perhaps that's the issue. It's still showing "validating" but we have our set pass and luggage tags available. We don't have "cards", but the page does have all the pertinent information as well as the QR code.

It should not be an issue , 

You can put the page twice take half of it for the front and the other half for the back. the set sail card will be printed anyway. 

Even if it will not be verify you should not have any issue to check in. the only change will be that they will need to take a picture of your vaccination  card, half minute more to the check in process ...

3 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

Does anyone know which date you put in for final dose? I was vaccinated with Pfizer in Dec 2020 and Jan 2021 (and be shot) then got the booster in October. Is my final shot January or October? Card obviously shows all 3 dates.

I am going to ignore the booster date.  As mentioned by some, Royal (at the moment) considers a double dose to be fully vaxxed.  Hubby and I got our boosters this past week and we already checked in weeks ago.  I will not be updating the info.

• 2 weeks later...

DH just went to put our vaccine cards in the app, & called me to say that 3 of us (had double dose Moderna & Pfizer vaccines) were no problem, but younger DD, who had the single dose vaccine, was because her card says Janssen, but the option is Johnson & Johnson. I told him to pick that one, obviously. Has anyone else had this issue?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How do they validate your card?  There’s no national database for them to check. And a lot of places have horrible record keeping. I had a friend lose his card and tried to get another one and there was no record of him ever having the vaccine. And why does it take so long?

6 hours ago, Cruisegrl said:

How do they validate your card?  There’s no national database for them to check. And a lot of places have horrible record keeping. I had a friend lose his card and tried to get another one and there was no record of him ever having the vaccine. And why does it take so long?

Basically they're validating the card has the info..type of vax, lot # and date and correct # of doses...they aren't cross checking databases with individual names from what I understand but they can cross check lot numbers are legit to the vaccine brand.