YOLO - Book It!!! -- It's all your fault Matt -- lol

coneyraven

So, last night as Tyna and I are sitting around a bonfire up on the mountain, we're talking about how badly we want to get back to Bermuda .....soooo....

WE BOOKED IT AGAIN!!! -- While we were throwing logs on the fire - Hey, cell service works there too.

We're going back on Grandeur for their 5-night sailing to Bermuda next September.  Same itinerary, same cabin, same everything .... only $300 cheaper (go figure) ---- Oh, and to top it all off, we've been in touch with another couple that we met on board and it would appear they want to do the same thing....

Plus, we still have the Rhapsody cruise the following April....

So, as I see it, ZERO cruises for 7 years, then 3 cruises in 2 1/2 years.....I don't consider that to be a bad thing at all.

You folks are a bad influence, scratch that, a GOOD influence on us.

The questions I have for everyone is ....

Who has repeated a cruise, same itinerary, ship, etc. just because the first time was just that much fun, and why? -- And --- who have met folks on a cruise, only to keep in touch with them well after the cruise ended, and possibly cruise together again?

Also, who has traditions that they must adhere to as they board the ship or when they get on the ship?  For example, I will always wear my sovereign of the Seas T-Shirt as I board......

Mark

We have done a repeat on Navigator and doing another on Liberty next month. Friends that we met on Navigator last year are joining us next month. Different friends that we met in April on Liberty are joining us on Navigator Nov 2017. 

I really look forward to cruising with great RCblog friends that I met on the Freedom group cruise. Also those that could not make the cruise but showed up for the pre-cruise meet-up at FishLips.  

So, last night as Tyna and I are sitting around a bonfire up on the mountain, we're talking about how badly we want to get back to Bermuda .....soooo....

WE BOOKED IT AGAIN!!! -- While we were throwing logs on the fire - Hey, cell service works there too.

We're going back on Grandeur for their 5-night sailing to Bermuda next September.  Same itinerary, same cabin, same everything .... only $300 cheaper (go figure) ---- Oh, and to top it all off, we've been in touch with another couple that we met on board and it would appear they want to do the same thing....

Plus, we still have the Rhapsody cruise the following April....

So, as I see it, ZERO cruises for 7 years, then 3 cruises in 2 1/2 years.....I don't consider that to be a bad thing at all.

You folks are a bad influence, scratch that, a GOOD influence on us.

Who has repeated a cruise, same itinerary, ship, etc. just because the first time was just that much fun, and why? -- And --- who have met folks on a cruise, only to keep in touch with them well after the cruise ended, and possibly cruise together again?

Also, who has traditions that they must adhere to as they board the ship or when they get on the ship?  For example, I will always wear my sovereign of the Seas T-Shirt as I board......

Mark

I do it all the time. I Love Cruising!!!!!

Haven't sailed on the same ship twice. same class yes. Have met wonderful friends that we still cruise with and keep in touch with.

Different rituals on different ships and ports. Like first thing roast beef sandwichs on any ship with park cafe, eating at Gilbert's in FLL pre cruise, going to total wine to pick up two perfect bottles of wine to take onboard. Well you get it, I literally could go on and on!!

I have done this a few times....and would do it again. I like getting to know the ship and sometimes even the crew  a little. Plus if the itinerary works then why not.

I have made many friends who I am still in touch with from time to time. None that I have booked another cruise with as of yet, but that defn could happen in the future.

I have sailed the same ship and itinerary many times, probably about 4 or 5. I just got off of a Panama Canal cruise and met two wonderful couples from Vancouver that I have emailed and talked to twice already. I am a solo cruiser and on a cruise in 2015 met a woman who I have cruised with twice since then, it saves us money and we are compatible.

I usually keep in touch with crew members too, if they will give me an email address. The Canal cruise, I fell head over heels for the Concierge and we have emailed twice and has invited me to his home in Cape Town South Africa.

Candie

I've been on two cruises on the same ship, but with different embarcation ports and different destination ports. However, our cruises out of Galveston seem to visit the same destination ports. That's OK -- I don't love the ports so much that I am repeating them: it's more that the ship is a bigger part of the experience for us: The floating luxury hotel for a week. And the ship rotations have kept that pretty fresh for us!

We usually do an itinerary-based cruise in the summer and a ship-based cruise in the winter. However, my wife has decided that the ship isn't enough as we've been spoiled by European ports, so it tradition of a winter cruise may be going away. :(

Been on Oasis twice and Allure twice. Cruised wuth quite a few people from previous cruises on them too and will be doing that again on Harmony next April.

By the way Matt always seems to get the blame. Well what the heck I might as well blame him for me falling in love with Sabor! ;)

I think we should all blame Matt and use him for our punching bag especially if it helps explain our actions to our significant others. ;)

If it weren't for one of his scopes, I wouldn't had known that all of the beverage packages were on sale. And although I had already decided NOT to purchase one, that news convinced me to scream YOLO and book it.

Now if I could only use YOLO to justify spending an extra $5000 for a loft suite. I'm not sure even blaming Matt would soften that blow with my wife.

Speaking of his podcasts ..... I still stand to this day believing that #71 is the best ever.  It really help to explain the different types of pricing promotions, what to look for, etc.  The knowledge I gained form that one podcast put me over the top in the level of confidence I have today.It's one I keep referencing to when I talk to folks that have never cruised.

I have 8 cruises booked with RCCL and 1 with Celebrity. I am going to book another cruise on Enchantment for July 2017. I am hooked on  cruising. Can't wait until the rest of 2018 deployment opens up. I need June, August, and December of 2018 and April of 2019. 

Booked Liberty of the Seas July 30-August 5, 2017. Never did a cruise out of Galveston. I am set Enchantment (June 2017), Liberty (July 2017) and Enchantment (August 2017). Need time to rest before I go back to work after the three cruises.

Speaking of his podcasts ..... I still stand to this day believing that #71 is the best ever.  It really help to explain the different types of pricing promotions, what to look for, etc.  The knowledge I gained form that one podcast put me over the top in the level of confidence I have today.It's one I keep referencing to when I talk to folks that have never cruised.

Love to hear that! Knowledge is power and makes convincing spouses to book a cruise so much easier!

Mark

Last April was my first ever cruise.  I had no idea what to expect (I honestly thought you lined up on the dock alongside the ship to board).

We took Freedom to Coco Cay, St. Thomas, and Ste. Maarten.

It was the best vacation I've ever had.  Everything went smoothly, from the drive down from Charleston to the drive back.  The weather was glorious, the ship was breath-taking, and we went with friends who knew the ropes.  

So, we did the exact same one this year.  Same ship, same itinerary, same time.  Unfortunately, the weather wasn't cooperative and my back killed me the entire time.  The staff didn't seem to quite meet their standard from last year, though.  But I still had a great time!!!

I'd do it again next year if my wife would let me!  She isn't a big fan of the sun so she wants to go northward :-(

Today was the first snowfall here in Michigan. Mention that to your wife... :)

Wow! Is this earlier than normal? I have in-law relations in Saginaw, but I don't usually keep up on the weather. But then again, I've only visited in late November, December, January, and July, which aren't there best weather months for the state.

Wow! Is this earlier than normal? I have in-law relations in Saginaw, but I don't usually keep up on the weather. But then again, I've only visited in late November, December, January, and July, which aren't there best weather months for the state.

Earlier than normal, by a week or two.  We get spotty snow here and there starting in early November.  I think they've already had snow in the Upper Peninsula, it snows quite early up there.

I grew up just down the river from Saginaw in Bay City.  I still consider it my home town.

If you come up and have time time, drop me a line and we could meet for coffee - always looking for an excuse to head home. :)

Earlier than normal, by a week or two.  We get spotty snow here and there starting in early November.  I think they've already had snow in the Upper Peninsula, it snows quite early up there.

I grew up just down the river from Saginaw in Bay City.  I still consider it my home town.

If you come up and have time time, drop me a line and we could meet for coffee - always looking for an excuse to head home. :)

I definitely will.  It's been years since I've been back.  The primary purpose of our trips was for our son to spend time with his great grandparents.  Now that they're gone, we haven't been back.  However, I do want to take him blueberry picking and to Mackinaw Island, so you never know. :)

• 1 month later...