Charging cell phones for Ovation of the Seas

2nsmom

3 hours ago, 2nsmom said:

My inlaws have booked an Alaskan cruise for the whole family.  What cruise safe charging stations or powerstrips do you recommend.  There will be a couple rooms with 3 teenagers and I know there will not be enough plugs for everyone.  Thanks so much!!  Katie

Welcome to the message boards!  Power strips are not allowed on cruise ships and will be confiscated when you arrive, so stick with a multi-port charger.  What's great about those is that you plug in the USBs into one block, so it's less blocks to lug and everyone's will work with it, no matter what cell phone brand.

But to answer your actual question, I don't have a preferred brand.  The one we have is a couple years old, but if you do a quick search on Amazon you can go through the reviews to see what meets your needs.  You can get one per cabin, and based on how many people are in each cabin get the number of ports required. Depending on which ship you are on, there may already be USB ports in the cabin.  If it's Radiance...most likely not. 😄 

12 hours ago, 2nsmom said:

My inlaws have booked an Alaskan cruise for the whole family.  What cruise safe charging stations or powerstrips do you recommend.  There will be a couple rooms with 3 teenagers and I know there will not be enough plugs for everyone.  Thanks so much!!  Katie

Love the Anker brand (can get on amazon). Have a 5 port "desktop charger" through my last 5 cruises, and she's never let me down. 

This is the one I use and it has been amazing.  It only has USB-A connections.

https://us.anker.com/collections/chargers/products/a2142

i wpuld also suggest low power mode and not using the internet.  Was recently on a cruise with my teenage niece and contrary to her belief, she did survive without her phone 🙂

While I own two Anker chargers I now just carry this with me.  The main reason is that I can put it into the round Euro powerport leaving the 110 volt North American outlets free for other uses.  It has four USB charging ports.  This also helped when I sailed from Australia and Spain as it adapts to other style power ports in many countries when staying in hotels.

134575725_ScreenShot2021-11-21at7_39_36AM.jpg.4993409216e3086d53dbed3ba784ce73.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DD88PCK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_95F22ZQ490PWB0A7ZT4J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have an Anker USB multi-port with the latest USB-C fast charging but it has a separate power cord and the one above is a cleaner solution for me even though it doesn't have the latest USB-C ports.  My older Anker 10 port USB charger now stays at home.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

While I own two Anker chargers I now just carry this with me.  The main reason is that I can put it into the round Euro powerport leaving the 110 volt North American outlets free for other uses.  It has four USB charging ports.  This also helped when I sailed from Australia and Spain as it adapts to other style power ports in many countries when staying in hotels.

134575725_ScreenShot2021-11-21at7_39_36AM.jpg.4993409216e3086d53dbed3ba784ce73.jpg

I bought a similar style to this for my last deployment and they're priceless.  Will definitely come in handy when we go to Rome for the Odyssey TA next fall.  Normally onboard we bring our multi-port charger and it's worked well.