Bringing your own bottled water

17 hours ago, teddy said:

Definitely 

We brought water on twice in our carry on bags, then decided it was easier to get our reusable bottles filled onboard.  

It is filtered right?  I can't drink tap water from most locations as I get really sick.  I wish I didn't, but unfortunately I do.  I believe someone said all boats are reverse osmosis which is the same process Dasani uses and I can drink their water with no issues.

21 minutes ago, IzzyB said:

It is filtered right?  I can't drink tap water from most locations as I get really sick.  I wish I didn't, but unfortunately I do.  I believe someone said all boats are reverse osmosis which is the same process Dasani uses and I can drink their water with no issues.

Yes, the water on the ships is Reverse Osmosis filtered.

1 hour ago, IzzyB said:

@emmef beat me to it.  🙂

On 11/19/2021 at 2:27 PM, smokeybandit said:

I wonder what the ships do with that salt slag leftover from the desalinization process. That's been a big challenge for the commercial plants as well

It's super easy to release it back to the ocean when you're out at sea, no concerns or regulations. 

On 11/19/2021 at 3:27 PM, smokeybandit said:

I wonder what the ships do with that salt slag leftover from the desalinization process. That's been a big challenge for the commercial plants as well

Its still salt water, not hard salt , just hyper saline and is passed out of the ship. The fresh remains inside a permeable membrane that allowed fresh to pass under about 900PSI. I have a small water maker n my boat and yes it is near rocket science. I only make 125 gallons a day and thats enough of a pain to frequently monitor the gauges in a hot engine room. The first 7 gallons we make goes back through the system to clean any remaining hyper saline remnants from last usage...