NextCruise savings for November

D Alt

Onboard now and Checking out the nextcruise discounts and not sure if it is worth it or not? 

The savings per state room seems to be pretty low but they try to entice you with a $600 off which is only grand auites and above.  So if i stay in an interior room it's only 25 to 100 savings. 

And 2 months to change benefit. 

What say you experts? 

We booked ours with next cruise. You can also put it under a TA and have them reach out for any price drops. To me what I've seen is usually you get OBC which may be worth it depending. Suites probably make out the most that way tho. My experience with that pre COVID so not sure if that's changed either.

I personally see trying to stress to get the lowest deal defeats the purpose of a vacation. I have friends do this for hotels and I'd rather just not go if I really can't afford it without the savings. Unless I'm saving hundreds or thousands it feels like a lot of work and not the biggest bang but perhaps I'm too new to cruising yet. Maybe it's a privilege too.

We've liked using Next Cruise due to the reduced deposit feature. On our last few cruises, we've paid for the "certificate", taken it home and then booked our subsequent cruise within the time frame stated (30 days? 60 days?) It doesn't require getting an appointment at the Next Cruise desk, just fill out the form and drop it off. The only downside I found is that the TA I used to book some of our subsequent cruises still required I pay the full RC deposit and wouldn't accept only the certificate as the deposit. But I can't say that's the policy of all companies.

I booked 2 sailings for the OBC. The rep basically explained that the going rate, which sort of sucked, was whatever sale RCG had. Since they were 2023 sailings, the fares were pretty high. But I had 60 days to change the ship, dates, etc. and the OBC stayed regardless. So to me it was a win, win as I could change my mind and the OBC will be there. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Essentially, NextCruise is free OBC for booking. Same price there or at home, so it's free money by booking onboard.

In my opinion the only OTHER benefit that Matt did not mention to Next Cruise booking is the reduced deposit for balcony and below cabins.  No break for suites.

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I booked 2 sailings for the OBC. The rep basically explained that the going rate, which sort of sucked, was whatever sale RCG had. Since they were 2023 sailings, the fares were pretty high. But I had 60 days to change the ship, dates, etc. and the OBC stayed regardless. So to me it was a win, win as I could change my mind and the OBC will be there. 

Agreed