Royal giving away cruises

Just received this:

IMPORTANT UPDATE

THE ADVENTURE DOESN’T END HERE

We’re writing to let you know that we will no longer be running our Free Ship-ing ™ Instant Win Sweepstakes!

There are still plenty of ways to find adventure this holiday season. Take a look at our Black Friday deals to build your ultimate vacation with incredible savings and perks.

Maybe they realized just how many free cruises they were giving away? Assuming $1500/cruise, one cruise per minute is $2.1 million.

15 hours ago, Leroyr55 said:

Talk about deceptive advertising from a major company. 

Royal never advertised it.  Travel & Leisure prematurely leaked it.  Vent towards T&L.

3 hours ago, mworkman said:

Why an I not surprised, it was just more smoke and mirrors from Royal Caribbean 🤦‍♂️

We have a very different perspective on Royal.  I don't see any smoke and mirrors, except during The Effectors on Odyssey.  🤣

6 hours ago, Javacat said:

This is deceptive advertising for free publicity and to add contact information to their marketing list for themselves...and if not specified otherwise, to make money off of by selling to other companies.

Deceptive and unethical.  

RC never advertised it, other than some poor bottom run social media person.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Corporations have also been known to leak information to build excitement and encourage word of mouth before the official announcement. The story was likely under an embargo and leaked early. 

And I stand by this being deceptive advertising for free publicity and information harvesting.  Do you have any idea exactly what goes into a promotion of this proportion?  No major corporation plans a promotions like this without months of preparation and planning. No corporation worth it's salt would plan something like this half-a**ed and then pull it at the last moment. There would be heads rolling for a failure of this magnitude. 

Blaming this on a 'poor bottom run social media person' is an excuse.  The failure is with Corporate Communications and the PR department who should have issued public explanation/apology on their main Twitter account.  The Media Relations team is atrocious.  Why hasn't their crisis management PR team jumped in on this...because this is more than people not winning free cruises, this is a hit to Royal Caribbean's integrity, reputation, and trust that the general public had (past tense) in them.  When a company says what they're going to do...they need to do what they said they'll do...or explain exactly why they didn't.

P.S.  Don't gaslight me.  It WAS announced on Twitter.  The tweet was deleted.  I have the link...which is dead, and it's entirely possible a Twitter management tool such as CircleBoom was used to delete the history, otherwise I'd post a screenshot of the tweet for your reading pleasure.  Here's the dead link for you.  https://twitter.com/RoyalCaribbean/status/1461514304650297348?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

According to what I see...my post is hidden...my response to what you said...but that's okay. 

I've taken a screen shot in the event anyone says otherwise.

It's sad that the admin/PR person running this didn't share it.  That would have been a noble thing to do, and to admit to mistakes on your part.

That's okay though.  I'll share it with various media outlets...something I wouldn't have otherwise done.  what I wrote needs to be said.

This has nothing to do with winning a contest and everything to do with integrity and honest...something Royal Caribbean doesn't possess.

1 hour ago, Javacat said:

According to what I see...my post is hidden...my response to what you said...but that's okay. 

It's sad that the admin/PR person running this didn't share it.  That would have been a noble thing to do, and to admit to mistakes on your part.

#1) all posts by new members are hidden until approved by admin or a moderators for a certain period of time.

#2) this is a volunteer position.  Some of us are on the Group Cruise, and some have other things going on in our lives.  I have a sick horse and a husband home with Covid, and today was not a day that I could check for post approval every hour.  It's not a personal thing, so don't make it one.

3) Mistakes on "your part"?  What ever-loving mistakes are you talking about? What do you think we here have to admit to? 

15 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I have a sick horse and a husband home with Covid

…add a pickup truck to that line and you’ll have a great country western hit!

Seriously…I wish your husband, and your horse, full and complete recoveries. Many thanks for administering these forums.🤩

Sorry about your horse and husband and hope both are recovering well.

I want to say as a new member it is extremely clear that posts have to be approved and when you see your post it says that it is not yet approved.  So not sure how they could confuse that.  I also want to say my posts are always approved in a timely manner, so again, not sure what this person's complaints are.  Everything was clear to me.  It was also clear that this is not RC official site.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:29 AM, Javacat said:

This is deceptive advertising for free publicity and to add contact information to their marketing list for themselves...and if not specified otherwise, to make money off of by selling to other companies.

Deceptive and unethical.  

I can tell you with 100% certainty after speaking to Royal about it, that T&L is the one that did wrong here, not Royal.

T&L was told about the info in advance (known as embargoed news), but they posted it early without authorization.

Royal decided to pull the plug before the embargo date, and T&L didn't care.

No other media outlets posted it, including this site.

The unethical party is T&L for being lazy and ignoring the instructions Royal gave them to avoid any kind of situation like this.