Royal giving away cruises

I saw this as well and have a couple of thoughts:  1) odd that this is posted in a travel magazine vs. announced by the company themselves.  2) maybe it will be one "free" cruise if you buy the companion fare.  Just a thought.  Nowhere in the article or website does it say that they are giving away 2 fares for each winner. It will be interesting to see how this evolves!

Maybe it’s just my suspicious nature 😂, but why is there nothing on the website when I go directly there and search? 🧐 Also someone on CC said the domain was registered anonymously in Canada 2 weeks ago.  🤷🏻‍♀️

https://www.whois.com/whois/royalfreeshipping.com

Just a heads up for others who expect scams when it sounds really good. Could be legit, but I’m going to hold off till it shows as a link directly from their site. 🙂

37 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Maybe it’s just my suspicious nature 😂, but why is there nothing on the website when I go directly there and search? 🧐 Also someone on CC said the domain was registered anonymously in Canada 2 weeks ago.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Just a heads up for others who expect scams when it sounds really good. Could be legit, but I’m going to hold off till it shows as a link directly from their site. 🙂

The company handling the promotion could be based in Canada.  Now if it was registered in China or Russia I'd be more concerned.

And they're only collecting email addresses. It's not like everyone doesn't have my email address already anyway

16 hours ago, barbeyg said:

15 hours ago, Jill said:

Maybe @Matt can be a super sleuth and use his connections to see if this is legit. 

14 hours ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

I looked up the trademark and it was registered this November by Royal. I'm convinced it's a real offer.

Screenshot_20211118-205958_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8804940d02ad6f89ceb6b3abcfca8dd3.jpg

Royal replied to a Twitter inquiry confirming the website and the contest are legitimate

Waiting patiently for information on how it’s going to work….am I ‘pre-registered’ by submitting my name and email, or is that just to notify me that the giveaway has begun? Are we going to have to register again when it starts, or every minute…(that would be onerous). I try not to assume anything, but it certainly wouldn’t be good optics for there to be some sort of ‘buy-one get-one’ cruise fare thing. Or anything other than a free double occupancy cruise fare giveaway (I’m guessing taxes and port fees will be understandably extra). 

By the way…I lied when I said ‘patiently’…🤪

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

Waiting patiently for information on how it’s going to work….am I ‘pre-registered’ by submitting my name and email, or is that just to notify me that the giveaway has begun? Are we going to have to register again when it starts, or every minute…(that would be onerous). I try not to assume anything, but it certainly wouldn’t be good optics for there to be some sort of ‘buy-one get-one’ cruise fare thing. Or anything other than a free double occupancy cruise fare giveaway (I’m guessing taxes and port fees will be understandably extra). 

By the way…I lied when I said ‘patiently’…🤪

It's probably tied to purchases for Black Friday....maybe even purchases of cruises rather than planner purchases.  But, that is just my $.02.  That and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  Or at least, before inflation, it did.  😂

15 hours ago, BrianB said:

14 hours ago, Geektastic said:

Interestingly, I can't find those references on the Travel and Leisure site anymore. The links just bring up a list of all Black Friday deals, and no mention at all of the RC giveaway.....🤔 And a search of the site also doesn't bring up anything.

10 minutes ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

Interestingly, I can't find those references on the Travel and Leisure site anymore. The links just bring up a list of all Black Friday deals, and no mention at all of the RC giveaway.....🤔 And a search of the site also doesn't bring up anything.

That IS weird...after I posted the link yesterday, I clicked on it to make sure and it brought up the T&L article with the link to the RC website to pre-register. Now it doesn't... 

If its true then good luck to everyone that enters 🙂

however if it is true it would be a shame for those outwith US. A couple of hundred cruises spread between Europe, Asia and Oz would have been a nice gesture from those at the top to show thanks to those Out with the US who supported RC during the past 18 months and were the first ones back cruising. 

I am pretty sure if it is real, then Royal IT is at it again.

I personally think it is odd to give away free cruises but not bring back all the perks for C&A, The Key and Suites members. I can't buy this as a way to bring in new people for RCG, as the only people who will possibly know about this is the people who already frequent RCG. If that is the case, just send targeted info to those loyal already. I hope that is the case, people who are already booked with RCG will have one of their cruises paid off.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:31 PM, BrianB said:

Travel and Leisure has removed it from their website, or perhaps a URL hijack of the T&L and RC, although both sites had the secure sign in the URL (https).

I suggest if you do get selected, call Royal Caribbean (DO NOT CALL THE NUMBER IN THE EMAIL) and verify.