Back to back cruises questions & tips

Bakerette

My mom & I will be going on our first back to back on Independence in March 2022 & I would like any tips that people who have been on back to back cruises can inform me about back to back cruises If it helps we are staying in the same stateroom. I also have a couple of questions that I want answered:

1st question: if I purchase a beverage package for the first part of the voyage & I want the same drink beverage package for the second part of the voyage do I have to purchase it for both of the cruises?

2nd question: My mom and I will be driving to port Canaveral and parking @ the terminal and I want to know if we would have to pay parking for both cruises or just the first cruise?

3) When getting off the ship for the first half of the voyage does my mom & I have to bring our luggage with us off the ship and back on when we board the ship for the second half of the voyage or can we leave the luggage in the room since we are in the same stateroom for both parts of the voyages?

45 minutes ago, Bakerette said:

My mom & I will be going on our first back to back on Independence in March 2022 & I would like any tips that people who have been on back to back cruises can inform me about back to back cruises If it helps we are staying in the same stateroom. I also have a couple of questions that I want answered:

1st question: if I purchase a beverage package for the first part of the voyage & I want the same drink beverage package for the second part of the voyage do I have to purchase it for both of the cruises?

2nd question: My mom and I will be driving to port Canaveral and parking @ the terminal and I want to know if we would have to pay parking for both cruises or just the first cruise?

3) When getting off the ship for the first half of the voyage does my mom & I have to bring our luggage with us off the ship and back on when we board the ship for the second half of the voyage or can we leave the luggage in the room since we are in the same stateroom for both parts of the voyages?

I haven't been on a B2B, mainly S2S for me, but I can answer some of your questions.

1. Each cruise is a sailing on its own so you are treated like a new guest. Just because you have the same room doesn't mean anything but convenience for you. You will get a new sea pass card and everything.  That means if you want any packages or excursions, you have to buy them for both cruises.

2. Refer to earlier point that each cruise is a different booking. So you need to pay for all the days you will be parked at the terminal.

3. No you will not have to remove your luggage because you are staying in the same room. I believe all you have to do is leave and stay at the designated area until you are allowed back in your stateroom.

With B2B, as noted, they are seperate booking, you will be issues=d a new sea pass card, so treat all on-board/cruise planner purchases as seperate. They will give you a letter a night or two prior to the end of the fist leg, and normally hold a meeting with the B2B guests to overview the process. This is a great opportunity to book days and times for dining, including specialty resturants for the second leg. We done some B2B, but haven't done a B2B yet under the new protocols, but reading through recent blog posts, it all seems the same; with the addition on having to undergo a COVID test which I read Royal will supply and Matt has just recently wrote about a change to the process.

It is great, sitting in the pool and hot tub watching all the people who thought they were among the first to board wondering how you managed to get there so fast. Enjoy the B2B experience and your cruises.