Parking Recommendations for Tampa

Jakejosa

Hi @Jakejosa.  My husband and I always use the valet option to park in Tampa.  We think it is worth the extra money.  Very easy to drop your luggage, give your key to the valet, then check in at the valet stand to get your ticket.  When the ship returns, you just go to the valet stand, and they bring your car to the curb.  It was an extra $5 per day the last time we were there.  Here is their website:  https://www.porttb.com/parking .  We always book it in advance.

49 minutes ago, Dawn T. said:

Hi @Jakejosa.  My husband and I always use the valet option to park in Tampa.  We think it is worth the extra money.  Very easy to drop your luggage, give your key to the valet, then check in at the valet stand to get your ticket.  When the ship returns, you just go to the valet stand, and they bring your car to the curb.  It was an extra $5 per day the last time we were there.  Here is their website:  https://www.porttb.com/parking .  We always book it in advance.

Thanks so much!

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Tampa yesterday to attend a graduation ceremony at USF.  I decided to scout the Port of Tampa while I was there.  It looked overwhelming and confusing (to me at least)

I need to do self-parking to accommodate my pre-cruise plans. (Florida Aquarium after luggage drop off and parking, then pick up carry on before terminal check in)

It looked like the parking building and the terminal were not interconnected.  Any tips?

13 minutes ago, Neesa said:

The parking deck for the cruise terminal is across the street, a stones throw away. Once you park there you can walk over to the left that is where the Aquarium is. Really, very very close. 

I've seen several parking buildings in the area. Which one is the "official" parking garage for Royal?

@PG CruiserYes, but looking at this pic there is an entrance on the right rear of the photo, it even says cruise terminal in big blue letters. The last time we were in the area there were young men with orange vests on directing you where you needed to go, sometimes the "front" is "closed" and they take you down the little side street parallel to the main road and you enter through the rear into that garage. There are stairs as well as large elevators to get you down to the street, the parking deck was pretty large, we are picky about where we park and felt this one was safe & well monitored. 

18 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@PG CruiserYes, but looking at this pic there is an entrance on the right rear of the photo, it even says cruise terminal in big blue letters. The last time we were in the area there were young men with orange vests on directing you where you needed to go, sometimes the "front" is "closed" and they take you down the little side street parallel to the main road and you enter through the rear into that garage. There are stairs as well as large elevators to get you down to the street, the parking deck was pretty large, we are picky about where we park and felt this one was safe & well monitored. 

This must be the entrance you are referring to.  The Royal website gives that "810 Channelside Dr" address

image.thumb.png.2e18c2690c4ab3e550f9e458c8142bf9.png

I was turned away at the entrance to Terminal 3.  I was just going to drop off my luggage and visit the Florida Aquarium while waiting for my check-in time.  They said I can only drop off my luggage at my designated time.

This is the first time this happened to me in six cruises post-COVID.

I did not like my parking experience at Tampa.  As I have previously posted, I was turned away at the entrance to Terminal 3 when I attempted to drop off my luggage two hours before my check-in time.  I decided to park at the garage on 810 Channelside and then visited the Florida Aquarium.  30 minutes before my check-in time, I got my luggage from my parked van - One to check with the porter and one garment bag and rollaboard for carry-on.  Oh man, it was not a pleasurable experience hauling that luggage from the garage to the terminal.  Add to this that it was so cloudy it felt like it was about to rain at any time.