Kosher food on RCCL

BrianC

Does anyone have recent experiences with the kosher food on board?

How was the food?

Do you know the updated menu?

Are the portions unlimited, like with the non-kosher food?

Besides for the airplane-style meals, what other kosher options did you find (e.g., soft serve ice cream, salad bar options, etc.)?

How about at Perfect Day? Can we bring the meals off the ship since I doubt there are kosher options there. I thought I read somewhere that you can request that the kosher meals be delivered to a specific spot on the island for you during the day.

Hi Brian C,

I am sure there are full reviews out there but it does come down to what you define is acceptable.  Glatt kosher is tough as I am sure preparation of any food kosher or not is not separated from dairy and meat.  That is why at the MD you will see the kosher meals sourced from a kosher vendor in separate tin containers for those following strict Kashrut rules. 

For me, I am more vegan than kosher and and love the separate vegan menu choices. Those ingredients work unless you want them certified kosher.  Those have no limit if you wanted two of something. 😄

On 11/16/2021 at 9:50 AM, BrianC said:

Does anyone have recent experiences with the kosher food on board?

How was the food?

Do you know the updated menu?

Are the portions unlimited, like with the non-kosher food?

Besides for the airplane-style meals, what other kosher options did you find (e.g., soft serve ice cream, salad bar options, etc.)?

How about at Perfect Day? Can we bring the meals off the ship since I doubt there are kosher options there. I thought I read somewhere that you can request that the kosher meals be delivered to a specific spot on the island for you during the day.

Here are some answers to your questions although some of the answers you make not like

The first link Royal does offer Kosher food onboard all its ships for lunch and dinner only however it looks like for all sailing except those out of Israel your food would be pre-cooked, pre-packaged and frozen before the cruise and served to you in its original sealed packaging while onboard. It appears as though nothing is prepared or cooked onboard during the cruise to prevent non-kosher ingredients from interacting with kosher meals.  If you want kosher meals you will need to contact Royal and the link below provides the timeframe necessary. Do not wait until the last minute they may not be able to accommodate you if you do.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/can-we-offer-kosher-meals?country=AUS

As far as Perfect Day at Coco Cay I don't believe guest are allowed to bring any personal food items off the ship.  The second link states kosher meals are not available on Coco Cay but request can be accommodated while onboard the ship.  I'm thinking this means you can have your kosher meal served to you onboard the ship but you can not take it off the ship.  Keep in mind when it comes to taking food (any type of food) off the ship although Coco Cay is Royal's private island it is still a part of the Bahamas ecosystem. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/is-kosher-food-available-at-perfect-day-at-cococay?country=AUS