Drinks without any drink package (on ship and at Perfect Day)

BrianC

What drinks are included on the ship without any drink package?

Also, what drinks are included at Perfect Day without any drink package? For the Thrill Water Park option, it says "Break for complimentary burgers, hot dogs, salads and beverages at the nearby Snack Shack." Does this mean that we need to purchase a Thrill Water Park pass to get beverages? Also, what beverages does this include?

At Perfect Day they have water and flavored waters available and there may also be lemonade. There are beverage stations by all of the food venues on the island.

On the ship you can get flavored waters, juices at breakfast, milk, chocolate milk, hot chocolate packets, tea bags, coffee, iced tea all complimentary.

1 hour ago, BrianC said:

Will bottled water be available at no extra cost? I see a Dasani package for purchase, but would other basic bottled waters be available? Or is the complimentary water just tap water?

You can get water bottles filled onboard.  When we were just on Freedom, we filled ours at the Cafe Promenade.  Sometimes the attendant would take our bottles and fill them, other times, they would fill a cup and we would have to pour it into our own bottles.  Either way, they would give us ice, too.

4 hours ago, teddy said:

You can get water bottles filled onboard.  When we were just on Freedom, we filled ours at the Cafe Promenade.  Sometimes the attendant would take our bottles and fill them, other times, they would fill a cup and we would have to pour it into our own bottles.  Either way, they would give us ice, too.

Do they fill it with tap water or bottled water?

6 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I don't know if I would call it nice.  I've seen several people refilling their used water bottles directly from the dispenser.  The mouth of their bottles were touching the spout.  Ewww!!!

Yuck.    In retrospect, having a crew member pour our coffee wasn't so bad. 

We weren't allowed to even take salads on Allure, let alone get or fill our drinks. Once someone tried in the suite lounge and a crew member stopped midway to get a bar order to assist them. I only got my own drinks at CocoCay the entire cruise. I think the drink situation as that was the only true back-up for me, like that line might get a bit long. 

I know water is very subjective, but even with the DBP I routinely still drink the tap water in both dining venues and in our stateroom and find it just fine for my tastes.  Still use a fair bit of bottled for workouts, walking around the ship, etc but not beholden to it.

To the OPs question there is flavored waters, juices (from machines), black coffee, some basic teas and the like.  These are widely available throughout the ship and CocoCay without having to purchase any sort of access to venues or packages.  Same goes for food on the island.

While on Liberty of the seas a couple weeks ago they had fruit punch, lemonade, and cold tea available most everywhere. Hot water age tea bags are also available most places along with coffee. For breakfast orange juice and apple juice were an option. 

A lot of people seem to have a dislike for the free drinks but I honestly enjoy them. The lemonade, cold tea, and fruit punch are made from concentrate and to me are basically unsweetened but if you add a little sweetener it makes them a lot better. I also bring a 32 ounce insulated drink container and would just fill it a few times a day. The first time in 2019 I often just had it filled instead of making more dishes to deal with. I didn't really ask this time but it seemed like it would be better to just use cups and in Sorrento's they didn't make a fuss about it. 

The water onboard is probably better than what you get out of the average city tap but to me it has a bit of a metallic taste to it so unless it's ice cold I don't care for it most of the time.   But you can also pick up some of the flavor squeeze things from the store. I take at least one with me just in case. 

On 11/16/2021 at 10:55 AM, AshleyDillo said:

At Perfect Day they have water and flavored waters available and there may also be lemonade. There are beverage stations by all of the food venues on the island.

On the ship you can get flavored waters, juices at breakfast, milk, chocolate milk, hot chocolate packets, tea bags, coffee, iced tea all complimentary.

What kind of flavored water?