Bringing Wine

HeatherG27

My family is cruising Sunday and we have 2 connecting staterooms booked. One room is booked as my husband, myself and 1 child. The other room is booked as my other 2 children. I know the policy is 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. Will we be allowed 4 bottles or only 2 because one room is booked under minors? Would hate to get to the port and have them take 2 bottles 😂 Thanks! 

8 hours ago, HeatherG27 said:

My family is cruising Sunday and we have 2 connecting staterooms booked. One room is booked as my husband, myself and 1 child. The other room is booked as my other 2 children. I know the policy is 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. Will we be allowed 4 bottles or only 2 because one room is booked under minors? Would hate to get to the port and have them take 2 bottles 😂 Thanks! 

Sometimes it is advantageous to put one adult in each room for reservation purposes even though, once on board, you switch things around.  You can always get additional room keys (blank) at Customer Service as needed.  Have a great cruise!

14 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Sometimes it is advantageous to put one adult in each room for reservation purposes even though, once on board, you switch things around.  You can always get additional room keys (blank) at Customer Service as needed.  Have a great cruise!

This is what my daughter and son-n-law does but it is for the UBP for SNL not the wine.  My daughter just likes the soda package so they didn't want to buy the refreshment package.  They don't have to sleep there but gets an extra room key. 

When bringing wine onboard, should it be in your suitcase or carry-on bag?

Also, what's considered a carryon bag and how many carry-on bags can you have? Is it 2 like on a plane? I feel like the last time I cruised I left the wine in my checked luggage.

Thank you

Carry on is more relaxed on a cruise then a plane because it does not have to fit in an overhead bin like on a plane. 

My suggestion would be to put wine in a roller bag style carry on.  Two in one bag max.  The other adult can also have two in their carry on.  

Security often has a stream of people going through so two separate bags that have two bottles each looks compliant.  One bag with four bottles raises a flag.  

A couple times on longer sailings my wife and I have brought 2 bottles each in our carry-ons.  They weren't fancy so no big deal if security raised an issue but they didn't seem to care and we were right behind each other and went through like normal.  No guarantees that'll happen but if you do try I'd do two bottles per person in separate carryons.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:56 AM, AshleyDillo said:

It's 2 bottles per cabin. No distinction on age.

Per the fine print on the cruise documents, only staterooms with at least 1 guest over the age of 21 can carry on wine. They might not give you a hard time about it, but technically they could.