Shows

cordlea

Book ahead, you can always change your mind later on the ship.

If you have a reservation, you will be allowed in the (Theater, studio B, Aqua Theater) 45 to 60 before showtime. There are no actual seat reservation, you just show up and take wathever is available. 

People with no reservation will wait in line outside the room until 15 min prior to the show. It reduce your chance to be seated all together. 

This is new to me, so when we reserve ahead of time how do they know?  Are we given tickets?

Here is a good primer on booking entertainment: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/23/first-time-cruisers-when-can-i-prebook-entertainment-dining-and-more-my-royal-caribbean

It's only available on Oasis & Quantum class ships, and there are no physical tickets.  It's all on your SeaPass account and the crew member just scans your SeaPass card and you are good to go.

I would also recommend that your group is linked together. Your travel agent (if you used one) can do that. Or, if you booked through RC, they can do it. You will need your travel partners booking numbers, as well as yours, to get linked together. Then, whenever you pre-book shows, meals, etc. you will all be together.

Way back in the day when we cruised, there were two shows.  One during the first dinner and one during the second dinner so that you could see the show and not miss dinner.  Is there only one show now?

For the evening shows, that is still the case. 

There are also shows during the afternoon (most notably the ice skating shows) that will have different show times across different days.

• 2 months later...

The times of the shows will vary with the itinerary and dining times, but on our NAV cruise show times were 7:45 and 9:15 as a rule.  There will usually be an early show (for the late diners) and a late show (for the early diners).  Then there are the special shows...like the adult comedy shows.  The one we had last week was at 10:30.