Royal does not adjust payment for price drop??

So I was checking on our coming cruise for a better room when I saw that a stateroom in the same category that I have (same deck as well) was cheaper. I always read that if prices drop you get a credit. But big surprise when they told me that they don't do that.... So how other people get those credits?? And what do you do of you price drop but they won't do anything...

You can adjust your price up until final payment.  To do so, call RC or your travel agent and have them re-price it for you.

If it's after final payment, you cannot adjust the price UNLESS the price of the next category up from you drops below what you paid, in which case your price will match that rate.  Once again, you will need to contact RC or your TA to make the adjustment.

I also try to upgrade but they will not honor the promotion I have when I booked even tho they are running the same promo now... Go figure?? I am not very happy !!

hmm that is odd - my current room on the Quantum for November dropped $600 and they adjusted it for me today and I did that for some clients too - not sure but maybe call back and get someone else on the line...

It looks like you're talking about a cruise coming up in the next couple months. I think you're beyond your final payment date. If so, then you can't get a price adjustment. That's only available to people before their final payment date.

Yes, I get the after final payment you can't get the price adjusted (which is BS, but ok)

But I also try to upgrade and the prices on their web was only $400 difference. When I called she gave me a $2,300 difference, so I question that, and she told me that I could not use a promotion with the upgrade ... Even tho RCI is having the same promotion now.

I have kids sail free. The price I saw yesterday was also with 3 & 4 person free.... So why I cannot do that?

I'm not sure which prices you're comparing, but the way it works it that you compare what you already paid in the current category to what you would pay now for the upgraded category.

A common mistake is to compare the current prices between the two categories, but that's not the way it works.

Here it is. I got Ocean view because they didn't have any balconies available at that time. I much prefer balconies. I paid let's say $4800 for 4 people, kids sail free. I checked yesterday(web)for a balconies and some are available, at $5150... That price show that 3rd and 4rd person does not pay.(only taxes) so I called and ask if I could switch and pay the extra XXX money...only to be told that I would be charge for 3rd n 4rd person. So my difference in pay is about $2500. That is my problem, why I cannot just have the same price the website shows?

I see what you're saying. When I look at your upcoming cruise, I also see that 3rd and 4th passengers are taxes only. I don't know why their web site would continue to show that offer if it's now over.

I can understand your frustration. It sounds like you should talk with Royal Caribbean's Resolutions department and you might have some better luck. I found this phone number online - (800) 205-9812 - that appears to be for the Resolutions department. Maybe you should give it a try.

Good luck! I hope you get the balcony cabin!

So how does an upgrade works? ....it doesn't make sence. If you booked with a promotion (kids sail free) you can't upgrade unless you opt out of the promo??

I'd have to refer to the terms of the deal to know with absolute certainty.  Remember, if you're before final payment, you can always cancel and then immediately re-book too.  Granted, doing so would forfeit your original booking incentives but if the deal is better now, that may be worth it.

Got my upgrade and didn't loose my original promo!! I am happy now since I will have a balcony! I also got my Ginger Root pills, so I am ready.

I cannot wait for this sail...thanks everyone!!

That is wonderful, glad to hear it worked out!

Let me know how the ginger works.  I've heard about it but always relied on bonine for if I need something.

That is wonderful, glad to hear it worked out!

Let me know how the ginger works.  I've heard about it but always relied on bonine for if I need something.

Matt, does the Bonine make you sleepy? I have the Sea Bandz (sp) because I rather not take "medicine" and I don't want to feel sleepy either. But last time I really have to use the Bandz ...well actually I was on a few meds since I got really sick and was taking to the Medic. "Not fun"!!... This time around, I am bringing everythignI can think off.

Matt, does the Bonine make you sleepy? I have the Sea Bandz (sp) because I rather not take "medicine" and I don't want to feel sleepy either. But last time I really have to use the Bandz ...well actually I was on a few meds since I got really sick and was taking to the Medic. "Not fun"!!... This time around, I am bringing everythignI can think off.

If you are concerned about motion sickness Less-Drowsy Dramamine works well. I would suggest you only take it if you feel like you need it. No sense drugging yourself for something you expect to happen that doesn't.  ;)

Yes, it will make you drowsy after a few hours.  Not fall down in the middle of the hallway sleepy, but "I really need a nap" drowsy.  But I'd rather be sleepy than nauseous 

Yes, it will make you drowsy after a few hours.  Not fall down in the middle of the hallway sleepy, but "I really need a nap" drowsy.  But I'd rather be sleepy than nauseous

Thanks, I will probably bring some of that as well. I just rather be prepare and yes better be sleepy than nauseous!!

Do you know if the Medic on RCI works the same way as Disney? Meaning, you are not covered and it will cost you as much as the cruise is you have to visit them? ....lol (luckily, when I got so sick, they didn't charge me. But I think I got more sick thinking about the charge)!!!

Do you know if the Medic on RCI works the same way as Disney? Meaning, you are not covered and it will cost you as much as the cruise is you have to visit them? ....lol (luckily, when I got so sick, they didn't charge me. But I think I got more sick thinking about the charge)!!!

Yes, the doctor costs money and is usually NOT covered by insurance.  But yes, it's always a good fall back.  My family has used the doctor a couple of times for minor things and other than the extra cost, no problem.

You can't always count on getting a cheaper price, even if it is before your final payment is due. A lot of promotions state that if you already hold a booking on a specific sailing, you can't then switch to the cheaper price as part of a new promotion, or even cancel your current booking and rebook at the cheaper price. RCI actually run audits and if they find that you have cancelled out and rebooked to take advantage of a cheaper fare, they can actually revert to your previous fare, or cancel your booking altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't always count on getting a cheaper price, even if it is before your final payment is due. A lot of promotions state that if you already hold a booking on a specific sailing, you can't then switch to the cheaper price as part of a new promotion, or even cancel your current booking and rebook at the cheaper price. RCI actually run audits and if they find that you have cancelled out and rebooked to take advantage of a cheaper fare, they can actually revert to your previous fare, or cancel your booking altogether.

Really?....so i do a booking, pay $100  deposit. The I see a couple of months later its alot cheaper. So i suck it up and lose the $100 deposit to book a cheaper cruise.

They could come back and charge me the difference?

That would be the last cruise I would book with them if they did.....wow. I have never experienced anything like that in my 15 years of travels with any type of travels or company...hotel, air, cruise, resort, etc

Really?....so i do a booking, pay $100  deposit. The I see a couple of months later its alot cheaper. So i suck it up and lose the $100 deposit to book a cheaper cruise.

They could come back and charge me the difference?

That would be the last cruise I would book with them if they did.....wow. I have never experienced anything like that in my 15 years of travels with any type of travels or company...hotel, air, cruise, resort, etc

You do not lose the $100 deposit if you find a cheaper cruise and cancel your original cruise. I have put down a deposit before and cancelled because I have found the rate went down. I cancelled my cruise then they refunded me the $100 i put down and then I rebooked the same cruise for less. 

It depends on the type of booking.  As I understand it a deposit on an open booking is nonrefundable whereby a future booking of an actual cruise it can be refunded.  Therefore to cancel a cruise that was booked using an open booking future cruise reservation would result in loss of the $100 deposit.

I just noticed the 2nd WOW sale going on, and see that our cruise is one of the ones benefiting from the OBC. I wanna say that the original booking had a $50 OBC.This new one doesn't go off room type though and just length, though the total possible amount is half(last OBC promo was 400 max). That old deal wasn't nearly as awesome as this one though i think just because of how long and how high of a room type you had to get to maximize your freebie OBC. I need to call in the morning and see if they'll bump us to the current offer of $100 (ours is a 7 night). . I'm not sure if they'll reject that though since i made payment in full the day I booked.We're still 90 days out from departure so 45 days till the official final payment date.Cant hurt to try ;) .

P.S. Was paying in full immediately a rookie mistake? Since our honeymoon cruise was paid mostly by family as a wedding gift, this was my first time doing it all personally. Hopefully the final payment thing i see everyone talk about means the official final date.

P.S. Was paying in full immediately a rookie mistake? Since our honeymoon cruise was paid mostly by family as a wedding gift, this was my first time doing it all personally. Hopefully the final payment thing i see everyone talk about means the official final date.

No, I don't think paying in advance is a mistake.  I've done it too, you can still adjust the price even if you are paid up in full.

No, I don't think paying in advance is a mistake. I've done it too, you can still adjust the price even if you are paid up in full.

Ok, thanks. I figured it'd be a bit odd if you were essentially penalized for early full payment. I'm glad Royal Caribbean gives its people the autonomy/authority to make reasonable changes to your booking without having a thousand layers of management to go through. Tis the mark of a great company!

Just an fyi/update for anyone else considering adjustment for the new sale. I was just informed (I musta missed it in there somewhere) that the July 1-4 WOW sale only applies to new bookings. Ahh well, cant win em all :) .

Just an fyi/update for anyone else considering adjustment for the new sale. I was just informed (I musta missed it in there somewhere) that the July 1-4 WOW sale only applies to new bookings. Ahh well, cant win em all :) .

That's right.  I forget if you can cancel your old booking and then immediately re-book under the WOW sale.  But worth asking if that's a possibility.

That's right. I forget if you can cancel your old booking and then immediately re-book under the WOW sale. But worth asking if that's a possibility.

Unfortunately no. They said to get the OBC via re-booking would have to go on current rate pricing. Right now ours would be about 200 total higher than when I booked early may, so not worth it yet (cmon 75-45 day range price adjustments!). Its ok though considering the rate to begin with was a few hundred per person cheaper than almost anytime in the months before OR after. It seems less travel intensive holidays are the way to go!

• 1 month later...

Hi I booked a cruise on Oasis last April travelling in Sept this year as it was the first time it was coming to Europe. I paid £1400 for an inside cabin. Last weekend I saw the same cruise for £1000! £400 cheaper. Imagine my annoyance. I phoned RC and got through to customer service in US as they have closed Uk customer service and he refunded me the £400 no questions asked. Bit of a sweat all week but money went back into my bank account today. And we were a small inside cabin before but with the change we were a guaranteed inside which has now been confirmed as a large inside cabin! Happy days. If I had not seen the advert in the paper I wouldn't have asked.

Hi I booked a cruise on Oasis last April travelling in Sept this year as it was the first time it was coming to Europe. I paid £1400 for an inside cabin. Last weekend I saw the same cruise for £1000! £400 cheaper. Imagine my annoyance. I phoned RC and got through to customer service in US as they have closed Uk customer service and he refunded me the £400 no questions asked. Bit of a sweat all week but money went back into my bank account today. And we were a small inside cabin before but with the change we were a guaranteed inside which has now been confirmed as a large inside cabin! Happy days. If I had not seen the advert in the paper I wouldn't have asked.

Glad to hear you got the price change