Veryfly App

Ray

This is just some advice mostly for UK citizens flying with BA, Air Lingus, AA or one of their associated airlines.

You will in the days leading up to the day of your flight recieve numerous emails from BA (or whoever you are booked with) these emails will politey inform you about the Veryfly App and how you can upload all of your vaccine details into one place for easiness. It also states that this app is by an American based 3rd party company  is NOT compulsory and that any data you give out is nothing to do with airline.

Now i downloaded App before my flight home from Gibraltar and 1st page they wanted me to scan my face...why? What has my face got to do with vaccine records? 

As BA informed me it wasnt compulsory i just removed the App and ignored all new emails.

However when i went to check in for my flight i could not do it because i hadnt used the App..i had to check in at Airport instead.

Now heres to funny part

On getting to Airport i mentioned to BA check in staff about the App and was informed that it was a waste of time anyway! They still need to check your passenger locator form issued by government which you need to upload vaccine details to. A new QR code is issued for every new PLF.

Now the app only has some BA routes on it London to New York yes  , london to Gibraltar no! And the best part....the app does NOT recognise the Oxford vaccine which means even if you download app and go through all the uploads and filling in forms its still going to comeback and tell you that you have to show documents at airport.

So save yourself the hassle and stress by just ignoring these emails