How does the refreshment package work?

MomOf6

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer.  How does the refreshment package work?  Is there a time limit between when you get a drink and can order another or is it handled a different way?  When we were at Universal it was like 20 minutes between fills for their coke cups and I assume its something like that but how does it work for other drinks - mocktails, coffees, juice?  Could you offer two drinks - say coffee and juice - at the same time?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, MomOf6 said:

So you know how do they stop someone from ordering multiple drinks and sharing them with people who don't have a package?

Bartenders pay more attention than you think. 

More importantly, it’s wrong and against the rules so that should be enough impetus not to do it. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bartenders pay more attention than you think. 

More importantly, it’s wrong and against the rules so that should be enough impetus not to do it. 

I agree.  I'm just trying to figure out how it works.  My son is going to have it and I'm trying to see if he tries something and doesn't like it or if he wanted to have juice and something else, how it works.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, MomOf6 said:

I agree.  I'm just trying to figure out how it works.  My son is going to have it and I'm trying to see if he tries something and doesn't like it or if he wanted to have juice and something else, how it works.  Thanks.

That’s totally fine. One of the nice things about the drink package is you can try something and get something else if he doesn’t like it. 

6 hours ago, MomOf6 said:

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer.  How does the refreshment package work?  Is there a time limit between when you get a drink and can order another or is it handled a different way?  When we were at Universal it was like 20 minutes between fills for their coke cups and I assume its something like that but how does it work for other drinks - mocktails, coffees, juice?  Could you offer two drinks - say coffee and juice - at the same time?

Thanks!

Using the cup at the freestyle machine, I think there is a 10 min wait between uses. 

13 hours ago, bryresangel said:

In my experience this past weekend, you can get two different types of drinks (e.g. bottle water and mocktail) at the same time, just not two of the same (e.g two lattes)

I agree with this (just got off Explorer!) and we have always done the refreshment package.  In the mornings, i would typically get my Americano to drink and a bottle of water to take off the ship.   I think as long as you are not abusing the system it would be fine.  

15 hours ago, bryresangel said:

In my experience this past weekend, you can get two different types of drinks (e.g. bottle water and mocktail) at the same time, just not two of the same (e.g two lattes)

If you get 2 of the same type of drink (like your 2 lattes example) it looks like you are trying to use your package to get drinks for multiple people which is against the rules.  However, if you bring 2 seapass cards showing each person has a package, you can get those 2 lattes without both people having to wait in line.

9 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

If you get 2 of the same type of drink (like your 2 lattes example) it looks like you are trying to use your package to get drinks for multiple people which is against the rules.  However, if you bring 2 seapass cards showing each person has a package, you can get those 2 lattes without both people having to wait in line.

I agree...it made it kinda a PITA the first day for me when I went to get hubby and I lattes and didn't bring his card (though we both had it). Long story short, I got a latte, hubby got black coffee 😂