Specialty Restaurants on Allure

Goldie 2001

On 11/15/2021 at 10:48 AM, Goldie 2001 said:

Trying to decide which are best....thoughts?

depends on how many people? Date night we love sitting outside at Chops in Central Park. Great experience. For a fun family dinner Izumi and Giovanni's cant miss. Sabor is like your local mexican restaurant. I have not tried 150 CP but keep hearing its great. 

On 11/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

Our favorites on Allure (most favorite to least favorite):   150 Central Park, Izumi, Sabor, Chops, Giovanni, Samba Grill.  Honestly, we don't mind skipping the last 3 at all.  

I agree with you on Samba Grill I think that restaurant can be skipped but I absolutely love the others including Chops, and Giovanni. 

Can't wait to get back on Allure July 2022 even though she isn't Amplified yet, she will be doing 8 night cruises to the Southern Caribbean will be a lot of fun.

Just came off Allure. Yes on 150: we enjoyed the Beef Tenderloin for 2, but I did see 1 diner got it for 1 (so that may be an option); We did enjoyed Samba Grill: though it can be overwhelming (too much meat), DH had extra of the lamb; Chops is Chops; nothing on the Giovanni's menu says 'eat me', I think the new Giovanni's Table has a more appealing menu; did the Hibachi which is always an entertaining time; ran out of nights to do Sabor, but if you like Mexican yes enjoy because its on the endangered list.

We Enjoyed Samba, Chops, Izumi, 150, and Sabor in that order on our Nov 14th Sailing on Allure.  Not saying they would always be ranked that way but perhaps just what we ordered combined with our mood.  

On a side note the Restaurant manager at Samba told us that Samba Grill was going to be expanded to other ships............ I was kind of under the impression that Samba was dying breed.......

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2021 at 11:00 PM, Tanner said:

We Enjoyed Samba, Chops, Izumi, 150, and Sabor in that order on our Nov 14th Sailing on Allure.  Not saying they would always be ranked that way but perhaps just what we ordered combined with our mood.  

On a side note the Restaurant manager at Samba told us that Samba Grill was going to be expanded to other ships............ I was kind of under the impression that Samba was dying breed.......

Samba is one I have not tried, but plan to in March.   Any favorite dishes that are "must try"?

On 1/23/2022 at 4:06 PM, cruisellama said:

Samba is one I have not tried, but plan to in March.   Any favorite dishes that are "must try"?

Samba Grill is a Brazilian Steak House concept so there are no dishes so to speak.  If you are not familiar with this concept here's my quick explanation.  The Gaucho (waiter) comes to your table throughout the service with different cuts of meat on a large skewer.  You get a little two sided token on your table that you use to indicate if you would like them to keep coming by or if you are taking a break/eating more slowly.  You can accept or pass on any offering and they just keep the rotation going.  There are usually about 7-8 different options so once around plus an additional favourite is usually good for me.  They also brings some incredibly good sides to your table that pair with with each cut of meat.  The meats a re usually a couple different steak cuts, some bacon wrapped chicken, sausage, pork cut of some sort, etc.  

14 hours ago, Tanner said:

Samba Grill is a Brazilian Steak House concept so there are no dishes so to speak.  If you are not familiar with this concept here's my quick explanation.  The Gaucho (waiter) comes to your table throughout the service with different cuts of meat on a large skewer.  You get a little two sided token on your table that you use to indicate if you would like them to keep coming by or if you are taking a break/eating more slowly.  You can accept or pass on any offering and they just keep the rotation going.  There are usually about 7-8 different options so once around plus an additional favourite is usually good for me.  They also brings some incredibly good sides to your table that pair with with each cut of meat.  The meats a re usually a couple different steak cuts, some bacon wrapped chicken, sausage, pork cut of some sort, etc.  

So its operated just like the standard "land based" Brazilian restaurant - thanks!