Changed Room and price went up?

Eric G

I originally booked my room on Ovation of the Seas (Ocean view Balcony)  in October through the Royal Caribbean website (paid in full) and the next day called to change my room.  At the time I had 2 guest booked but was thinking that I would add a third later.  I asked the agent if the room I was changing to could hold 3 people and was told yes.  I changed rooms and there was no charge to do this

Sunday I was able to confirm my Third guest could attend so I called RC to add them.  I was told that the room I was in could not handle 3 guests.  So I had to do a room change,.  i changed to a room on the same deck in the same category (Ocean View Balcony) and then added a third guest.  When I received the receipt for the change the price for both Guest 1 and Guest 2 went up.

i get that I need to pay for the third guest but does it make sense that the price for the other 2 guest went up?

Even with the same room category, adding a third person triggers a reprice at current rates (which could be up or down depending on the current promotions but generally prices go up over time).  If you've already got 3, the per person prices are locked and you can add more people at the same rate (assuming the room can handle it)