RC's Black Friday sale

levib2

None of my excursions are any cheaper than the prices I secured on 13 October (can't remember what sale that was). I did get internet at a cheaper price this time round. As for The Key... well, what can I say? It did actually go down in price and is now on "sale" at the princely sum of $25.99 pppd! I can't believe anyone would buy it at that price. I certainly won't!

4 hours ago, Sharla said:

Here are my thoughts on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for the cruise fares themselves-

They aren't good. I checked all of my clients' reservations, and only about 10 saved. That's not a great deal of savings. But, it seems like the cruise planner is where the sales really are, so I hope everyone get some good deals there!

You are correct, most of my cruise fares have gone up. So, I haven't bother to email my TA. I was able to get deals on drink packages and internet but I am a bit shocked at the cruise fares.

17 hours ago, Sharla said:

Here are my thoughts on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for the cruise fares themselves-

They aren't good. I checked all of my clients' reservations, and only about 10 saved. That's not a great deal of savings. But, it seems like the cruise planner is where the sales really are, so I hope everyone get some good deals there!

I tried looking at a new cruise with this deal and I don't see the extra (up to $550) savings showing as part of any discount or OBC.  is it hidden in the cruise fare base cost somehow?

Has anyone else noticed any prices in the cruise planner going up DURING this sale?

On Tuesday, one of our excursions had a price drop of $31 per person, so I did a cancel/re-book. (30% off on board price)

On Wednesday, that same excursion went back up by $23 per person. (15% off on board price)

Was the price I snagged it at a mistake that was quickly (for RC's IT, that is) corrected?

12 minutes ago, SPS said:

Has anyone else noticed any prices in the cruise planner going up DURING this sale?

Yes, I did.

There's an excursion from Naples to Capri in my cruise planner which normally sells at a "discounted" price of around $103. On the first day of this current sale, it went down to $96 - lowest I'd ever seen it (although still way too much money in my book for a ferry ride and a guided tour of a garden). Yesterday it was back up to $103 and today it's up again, to $110. Maybe they have a set number of places on sale at the various price points.

The reason I noticed it is that this is an excursion that they doubled the price on back in September for my Harmony cruise within days of receiving news that the Italian government were only going to allow passengers off if they booked a Royal excursion. They hiked it up to $230 on that occasion!

7 minutes ago, Big Tule said:

30% off Excursion and gifts saved us AU $100 so I'm not complaining....the cruise prices work out the same even with OBC added to the package though so I would stick to scouring the cruise planner

I scour both regularly in the hope of coming across a mistake like the $18 drink package and then being allowed to keep it. Not holding my breath, though! 🤣

pricing for deluxe bev package with wifi one device for our march cruise on symphony is cheaper per day than my Feb 2020 four day was on navigator (71 per day Symphony vs 86 on Navigator) so that's a pretty good deal. 

Those Florida four day prices for that package are notoriously high, I'm aware.  Easier to guzzle away for four days with really just one true port day than for 7+ but I like the challenge.

I re-priced by cruise this week and saved about CDN $65. But more importantly, I was able to book add-ons at much reduced prices. Thrill Waterpark and jet skiing was like 50% off. I also got great prices on the soda package, Blue Lagoon and internet. Some of the more prized add-ons like dolphin swimming and alcohol packages didn't seem to have significant price drops (or any at all).

Black Friday Sale - Refreshment package...July 2022 sailing ~ Western MED

Did review this for wife & I at a 50% saving today rather than original 30% discount when booking cruise.

Have canx original & requested refund & selected new 50% saving on new refreshment package - hope it actually allows me to do that..? 

On 11/25/2021 at 8:47 AM, D Alt said:

I tried looking at a new cruise with this deal and I don't see the extra (up to $550) savings showing as part of any discount or OBC.  is it hidden in the cruise fare base cost somehow?

It may show up on the invoice, but sometimes the codes aren't clear. But I've checked the one reservation of yours that I already have and I don't see a further discount. I'll check the other one when it's in my hands.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:59 AM, SPS said:

On Tuesday, one of our excursions had a price drop of $31 per person, so I did a cancel/re-book. (30% off on board price)

On Wednesday, that same excursion went back up by $23 per person. (15% off on board price)

Was the price I snagged it at a mistake that was quickly (for RC's IT, that is) corrected?

I've noticed the price of cruises are higher during this sale than before the sale began.  The second week of November I booked a crown loft on Allure OTS in July one their 8 night Southern Caribbean cruises.  I actually paid less for the cruise I booked then nearly $1,000 dollars less than what Royal is charging now.

The DBP we booked for our Wonder OTS cruise was $1,098 dollars for 2 people that was $200 dollars cheaper than what they were asking for 4 weeks ago but it is still over $100 dollars more than what we paid for the same package for our Symphony OTS cruise this past October 30th.