RC's Black Friday sale

levib2

7-day Bahamas on Anthem in 10 days:

• Thrill Waterpark went from $83 to $43
  • Deluxe Beverage Package is at $50 (this is where I bought it earlier this year, haven't seen it lower - it's been hovering between $59 and $65 for the past few weeks)
  • Unlimited Dining Package went from $230 to $196
  • Chef's Table is unchanged at $94
  • Chops went from $63 to $59
  • The Key went from $23-ish to $17.99/day
  • PDCC Floating Cabana is $1,499 (not sure of original price)
  • PDCC Chill Island Cabanas are $399 (SOLD OUT)
  • PDCC Zip Line is $48.99
  • PDCC Balloon is $36.99

Refreshment package for our Anthem cruise in January is down $ 4.   Booked 3 excursions as pricing was reduced.

Coco Beach Club is $89 (down from $160/$169) for our Feb Oasis cruise.   Might book that too.  Suft/stream is $13.99 a day.

***Update-I saved enough on the 3 excursions to pay for 1 internet package.  

I need some help.

My Coco Beach Club finally went down from $198 to $99 and there are 4 of us. So I am paying $396 for Beach Club.

And thanks to another post showing the cabanas at $399. I wonder if the Beach Club is the way to go.

Would you choose for roughly the same price, Oasis/South Beach or Chill Island Cabana over the Beach Club? And which Cabana?

What a joke.  I noticed the Key price went to 19.99 for our Feb sailing but now it doesn't list 25% off dining purchases OR room service.  The soda package is $3 per day less. 

The  unlimited drink package is $7 higher per day then it was two weeks ago.  UDP same price.  Internet, same price. 

Same on my April sailing except the Key is $1 per day less also without the discount or room service.  Its a good thing I normally don't get these items or I would really be disappointed.

Harmony of the Seas black Friday sales - regarding their deluxe beverage package -  3 to 4 weeks ago they had a 25% discount at $61 per adult,  four days ago they had a 20% discount for $61 per adult.  WOW!!! Their black Friday discount is now 30% discount for $61 per adult.   So I called Royal Caribbean and they said that the prices are subject to changes.  So probably next week they'll have a discount of 99% discount and it will be $61 per adult..  So the agent states that they increased the original price by 30%  and then show a 30% discount. ???????????

17 minutes ago, rskindell said:

Harmony of the Seas black Friday sales - regarding their deluxe beverage package -  3 to 4 weeks ago they had a 25% discount at $61 per adult,  four days ago they had a 20% discount for $61 per adult.  WOW!!! Their black Friday discount is now 30% discount for $61 per adult.   So I called Royal Caribbean and they said that the prices are subject to changes.  So probably next week they'll have a discount of 99% discount and it will be $61 per adult..  So the agent states that they increased the original price by 30%  and then show a 30% discount. ???????????

As it's been said before, the percentages mean nothing. Just look at the price per person per day.

On 11/20/2021 at 8:28 AM, JasonOasis said:

I agree the 30% off is a sale Royal runs a couple times per year.  I am hoping for 40% - 50% off the DBP. 

We got 30% off DBP for our August 2022 sailing about 3 months ago.  It went up to 20% off before the current 30% off sale price

Lowest soda package price in quite a few years ($5.99 per day on one cruise, $6.49 per day on the other).

And 5 of 6 excursions booked across two different cruises are cheaper than what we previously paid (by anywhere between $2 and $5 off what was already a "discounted" price).

Some folks aren't seeing savings, others are seeing savings on almost everything they purchase. Another case of YMMV.

I am super excited about all of the Black Friday savings for my two upcoming sailings.  I saved a bit on my Dec cruise on Harmony (cheaper Voom, soda package, water package and waterpark).  But I made out like a BANDIT on my June Ovation sailing.  I save about 200 after all the markdowns, and treated the family to the UDP with the savings and some onboard credit I had on that sailing.

10 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@wozswomanIn regards to the Key, the 25% and such was to offset other perks. When they started back up with the Key and regular perks, that 25% off and free room service went away on future sailings. IMHO the Key was never really worth it unless you are using it on a full oasis class ship.

It is just $2 more per day then the serf/stream internet package and it includes a few other items which I think is worth the extra $12 or so for me.

9 hours ago, Strife said:

It is just $2 more per day then the serf/stream internet package and it includes a few other items which I think is worth the extra $12 or so for me.

It is not $2 more in all the cases since the cost varies across the fleet. On my Mariner sailing it is almost $6 extra per day......$19.99 versus $13.49

If it works for you, good, but imho and as a solo traveler, it is not a good deal. I have no desire to do the flowrider or rock climb. In most cases I have already scored a great check-in time. They no longer offer reserved seats, I don't want to arrive 45min beforehand, and chops is meh to me. 

24 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

It is not $2 more in all the cases since the cost varies across the fleet. On my Mariner sailing it is almost $6 extra per day......$19.99 versus $13.49

If it works for you, good, but imho and as a solo traveler, it is not a good deal. I have no desire to do the flowrider or rock climb. In most cases I have already scored a great check-in time. They no longer offer reserved seats, I don't want to arrive 45min beforehand, and chops is meh to me. 

That is fair enough. I personally like steak so the chops lunch sounds good.

Hey, so first timing posting here - long time lurker.

I've been looking at the cruise planner.  I'm not very impressed with the discount on the Delux package, but the refreshment package might be worth it, but am I able to just order those for the 3 in the cabin who would want it (my husband and the two kids), or do I need to order one for me too?

I know generally with the Delux package you should order for both adults in cabin, but it's really unclear what I can do in this situation.

52 minutes ago, VikingCruiser said:

Hey, so first timing posting here - long time lurker.

I've been looking at the cruise planner.  I'm not very impressed with the discount on the Delux package, but the refreshment package might be worth it, but am I able to just order those for the 3 in the cabin who would want it (my husband and the two kids), or do I need to order one for me too?

I know generally with the Delux package you should order for both adults in cabin, but it's really unclear what I can do in this situation.

Only the DX requires everyone who is of legal drinking age in a cabin to purchase it. With the soda/refresher pckg you don't have those restrictions. I was the only person to have the refresher pckg on my sailing even though 5 of us were in the room.

46 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Only the DX requires everyone who is of legal drinking age in a cabin to purchase it. With the soda/refresher pckg you don't have those restrictions. I was the only person to have the refresher pckg on my sailing even though 5 of us were in the room.

Awesome. Thanks for answering that and makes total sense. 

Just a follow up, but I’m thinking it may make most sense for me to have the refreshment package too and then buy the wine as and when I want. But is it possible to order a none alcoholic cocktail and ask them to make it none virgin and pay the difference?  Or is that frowned upon?

36 minutes ago, VikingCruiser said:

Awesome. Thanks for answering that and makes total sense. 

Just a follow up, but I’m thinking it may make most sense for me to have the refreshment package too and then buy the wine as and when I want. But is it possible to order a none alcoholic cocktail and ask them to make it none virgin and pay the difference?  Or is that frowned upon?

Not much is frowned upon on RCG😝🤣

They will add the alcohol to mocktails, no problem. Remember you can also bring 2 bottles of wine on boarding day per room. So, it might be better to get the refreshment package and do your drinks a la carte. 

Here are my thoughts on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale for the cruise fares themselves-

They aren't good. I checked all of my clients' reservations, and only about 10 saved. That's not a great deal of savings. But, it seems like the cruise planner is where the sales really are, so I hope everyone get some good deals there!