Solo Dining Question

MattinBNE

I couldn't really find the answer to this elsewhere - I have booked as a solo traveller on Quantum out of Australia at the end of next year now.  One of the things I have always enjoyed is ordering multiple appetisers with Dinner, but have always travelled with a group - so it has felt less gluttonous than it would be doing it by myself, we have just ordered an app each and shared around the table and eaten family style.  That feels kind of redundant if you are by yourself!  

How have people handled this in the past - will they make a smaller serving, or do I need to just order one - just don't want to feel extra weird or wasteful about over ordering.

Matt

I had multiple appetizers on the 3-night/4-night back to back we just got off.  There was no sharing…my wife had to get her own. 🙂

It was great.  We managed to get the same waiter/assistant waiter combo for the second one, and they automatically brought me the multiple appetizers the nights that the menu was a repeat. 

I just sailed solo with the Unlimited Dining Package and they were trying to force feed me it seemed 😂

I only ordered one appetizer and entree and the waiters were overly concerned and trying to get me to order more. The Chops waiter was almost disappointed when I refused to order the full sized filet over the petite filet.

They absolutely do not care about food waste, so order whatever you feel like!

35 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I just sailed solo with the Unlimited Dining Package and they were trying to force feed me it seemed 😂

Yep. And dog forbid you try to leave the table without ordering dessert.  I tried that and the Maitre-d' came over to check to see if I was ok, lol.  They insisted on at least bringing me some sorbet.

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yep. And dog forbid you try to leave the table without ordering dessert.  I tried that and the Maitre-d' came over to check to see if I was ok, lol.  They insisted on at least bringing me some sorbet.

So True!! I was actually given a desert to go at Chops because I was so stuffed!!