Final Payment using a FCC

jupiter03

Now that final payment has been extended to 30 days before a cruise, does anybody have any recommendations when I should apply my FCC to be used to make final payment? 

Last time I did this, my TA (who I later fired) said that I needed to do it several weeks before the actual final payment date, since it took time for Royal to apply it. I don't remember how long it actually took, but that cruise was eventually cancelled and the FCC reissued. I don't want to cut it too close and get cancelled if it doesn't come in time. 

Since it's been a year since I last did this, can anybody update me on the current FCC redemption rules? Last time, I think they applied the specific balances per person, so that person 2 didn't have enough FCC to pay their portion and person 3 had too much FCC and they couldn't apply person 3's balance to person 2. Has that changed now? 

Sorry if these have been asked before. I couldn't find it on search. Thanks!

In most cases the FCC can be applied immediately. However, this is not true in all cases, because Royal Caribbean is not great with some of the FCC issues. That being said I would apply it at least a week prior to the due date because if there are issues you'll know about it and can call Royal and get it fixed.

50 minutes ago, Sharla said:

In most cases the FCC can be applied immediately. However, this is not true in all cases, because Royal Caribbean is not great with some of the FCC issues. That being said I would apply it at least a week prior to the due date because if there are issues you'll know about it and can call Royal and get it fixed.

^ This, especially if older or Global Suspension FCC.  Newer CWC FCC seems to apply cleaner but you never know until you try to have it applied and them... boom!  Nope.